|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Two: Helena.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Helena doing at the age of eighteen?
(a) Raising her child.
(b) In the gallows.
2. How does the narrator view the town square of his hometown after his long absence?
(a) He finds it beautiful.
(b) He finds it changed from his memory.
(c) He finds it unsightly.
(d) He finds it charming.
3. How long did the wedding festivities last between Zemanek and Helena?
(a) Ten hours.
(b) Two days.
(c) Three hours.
(d) Twenty-four hours.
4. What is the name of the narrator of the first section of the novel?
5. Where does Kostka live?
(a) In the same hotel Ludvik is staying in.
(b) A two-room flat in another town 30 miles away.
(c) He has a room in the hospital.
(d) A bachelor flat in a new complex.
Short Answer Questions
1. Ludvik and Kostka sit in Kostka's flat before he has to go back to the hospital and chat over what?
2. Who said, "May melancholy never taint my name."?
3. Where does the narrator go after he leaves the town square?
4. What does Helena's co-workers say about her at work?
5. What does Ludvik think of this woman's voice who shaved him?
This section contains 249 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)