|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Two: Helena.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What organ does Helena have trouble with, under the slightest bit of exertion?
(a) Her heart.
(b) Her stomach.
(c) Her lungs.
(d) Her brain.
2. What did Zemanek say to Helena in the heat of an argument when their daughter was five?
(a) They married out of Party discipline.
(b) That he believed Zdena wasn't his daughter.
(c) Everyone loves in different ways.
(d) He was sorry they were fighting and he loves her.
3. How is the local hospital in Moravia set up?
(a) Two identical towers facing each other.
(b) A small, sad shack.
(c) A complex of buildings spread out.
(d) One large building of concrete.
4. Where is the man Ludvik asks for at the booth at the gate of the hospital?
(a) He is in his office.
(b) He did not come to work that day.
(c) He is out on lunch.
(d) He just left and is on his way out.
5. What is Helena doing the evening of the beginning of part two?
(a) Cleaning her house until the dawn.
(b) Mending clothes all night.
(c) Staying up late to read.
(d) Going to bed early.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Ludvik feel about the differences between himself and Kostka?
2. What does Zemanek do at university?
3. Kostka hopes that Ludvik will use his flat for what?
4. How does Ludvik find Kostka's flat?
5. What was Helena doing at the age of eighteen?
This section contains 279 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)