|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Two: Helena.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happened in 1956 and how did it affect Helena and Zemanek?
(a) Stalin became a hero but Pavel didn't like him.
(b) Stalin became a hero but Helena didn't like him.
(c) Stalin's crimes came out, but Pavel remained loyal.
(d) Stalin's crimes came out, but Helena remained loyal.
2. Who said, "May melancholy never taint my name."?
3. Where do Helena and Ludvik go after running around the woods and Helena sings, "Oh brightly shines the sun in our garden..."?
(a) Ludvik runs off and Helena returns home.
(b) A little inn for bread and sausuage.
(c) Another town to get further away, where they decide to elope.
(d) A little inn to rent a room.
4. What is the name of the narrator's hometown?
5. Ludvik asks Kostka for a recommendation for what service?
(a) A decent dinner.
(b) A shave.
(c) Entertainment for the evening.
(d) A store that sells liquor.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Helena's daughter?
2. After the woman giving Ludvik finishes soaping his face and gets up to retrieve the razor, Ludvick wants to look at her and realizes what?
3. Ludvik and Kostka sit in Kostka's flat before he has to go back to the hospital and chat over what?
4. Where does Kostka live?
5. At the beginning of the novel, how long has the narrator been away from his home?
This section contains 283 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)