|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part One: Ludvik.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Kostka live?
(a) A two-room flat in another town 30 miles away.
(b) A bachelor flat in a new complex.
(c) In the same hotel Ludvik is staying in.
(d) He has a room in the hospital.
2. Ludvik overhears his neighbors in the hotel as soon as he is settled in. What does he learn about the neighbors?
(a) It is an old man traveling alone, talking to himself.
(b) They are a small family of three.
(c) They are a man and a woman.
(d) They are a large family of five.
3. How does the narrator view the town square of his hometown after his long absence?
(a) He finds it unsightly.
(b) He finds it beautiful.
(c) He finds it changed from his memory.
(d) He finds it charming.
4. Ludvik and Kostka, just before Kostka returns to the hospital, come to an ideological impasse. How long ago were they in the same position?
(a) Seven years.
(b) Fourteen years.
(c) Fifteen years.
(d) Nine years.
5. How does Ludvik feel about the differences between himself and Kostka?
(a) Their differences endear Kostka to Ludvik.
(b) Ludvik hates to argue with Kostka.
(c) Ludvik really dislikes Kostka.
(d) Ludvik gets very angry with Kostka.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Ludvik find Kostka's flat?
2. As the woman cleans Ludvik's face with a towel, what does Ludvik pretend?
3. Where does the narrator go after he leaves the town square?
4. What favor does Ludvik ask of Kostka?
5. How is the local hospital in Moravia set up?
This section contains 333 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)