|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part One: Ludvik.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Ludvik find Kostka's flat?
(a) It is sparse.
(b) It is overly lavish.
(c) It is very attractive.
(d) It is dingy.
2. What is the name of the narrator of the first section of the novel?
3. As the woman cleans Ludvik's face with a towel, what does Ludvik pretend?
(a) He is back in Prague with his regular barber.
(b) She is slapping him.
(c) She is caressing him.
(d) He is being cleaned by someone else.
4. In the beginning of the novel, the narrator claims his mission could have been completed in what city?
5. What favor does Ludvik ask of Kostka?
(a) Ludvik asks Kostka to get him a job.
(b) Ludvik asks Kostka to buy him dinner.
(c) Ludvik asks Kostka to use his flat.
(d) Ludvik asks Kostka to lend him some clothes.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Ludvik feel about the differences between himself and Kostka?
2. What is the name of the narrator's hometown?
3. What is the name of the woman who shaves Ludvik?
4. Where is the man Ludvik asks for at the booth at the gate of the hospital?
5. Ludvik overhears his neighbors in the hotel as soon as he is settled in. What does he learn about the neighbors?
This section contains 288 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)