|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part One: Ludvik.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many empty chairs are at the barber where Ludvik goes to get a shave?
2. What is the state of Ludvik's hotel room?
(a) Cosy; very well furnished.
(b) Comfortable; a firm bed.
(c) Sparse; not exactly attractive.
(d) Welcoming; two chairs at the table.
3. Ludvik and Kostka sit in Kostka's flat before he has to go back to the hospital and chat over what?
4. What is the name of the narrator of the first section of the novel?
5. What favor does Ludvik ask of Kostka?
(a) Ludvik asks Kostka to use his flat.
(b) Ludvik asks Kostka to lend him some clothes.
(c) Ludvik asks Kostka to buy him dinner.
(d) Ludvik asks Kostka to get him a job.
Short Answer Questions
1. Ludvik overhears his neighbors in the hotel as soon as he is settled in. What does he learn about the neighbors?
2. What is the name of the woman who shaves Ludvik?
3. Ludvik asks Kostka for a recommendation for what service?
4. When Ludvik sits down to have a shave, what does he do?
5. In the beginning of the novel, the narrator claims his mission could have been completed in what city?
This section contains 281 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)