|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part One: Ludvik.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is the man Ludvik asks for at the booth at the gate of the hospital?
(a) He is out on lunch.
(b) He did not come to work that day.
(c) He just left and is on his way out.
(d) He is in his office.
2. How many empty chairs are at the barber where Ludvik goes to get a shave?
3. What favor does Ludvik ask of Kostka?
(a) Ludvik asks Kostka to buy him dinner.
(b) Ludvik asks Kostka to use his flat.
(c) Ludvik asks Kostka to get him a job.
(d) Ludvik asks Kostka to lend him some clothes.
4. How does the narrator view the town square of his hometown after his long absence?
(a) He finds it changed from his memory.
(b) He finds it beautiful.
(c) He finds it charming.
(d) He finds it unsightly.
5. Ludvik, as the woman giving him a shave soaps his face, slips into what?
(a) A fantasy.
(b) A lie.
(c) A nap.
(d) A conversation.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Kostka receive Ludvik after not seeing each other in so long?
2. What does Ludvik think of this woman's voice who shaved him?
3. At the beginning of the novel, how long has the narrator been away from his home?
4. Ludvik and Kostka sit in Kostka's flat before he has to go back to the hospital and chat over what?
5. Ludvik overhears his neighbors in the hotel as soon as he is settled in. What does he learn about the neighbors?
This section contains 330 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)