|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part One: Ludvik.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the narrator view the town square of his hometown after his long absence?
(a) He finds it charming.
(b) He finds it changed from his memory.
(c) He finds it unsightly.
(d) He finds it beautiful.
2. What is the name of the narrator of the first section of the novel?
3. What favor does Ludvik ask of Kostka?
(a) Ludvik asks Kostka to get him a job.
(b) Ludvik asks Kostka to use his flat.
(c) Ludvik asks Kostka to lend him some clothes.
(d) Ludvik asks Kostka to buy him dinner.
4. How does Kostka receive Ludvik after not seeing each other in so long?
(a) Kostka did not want to see Ludvik.
(b) Kostka was pleasant to Ludvik, but excused himself quickly.
(c) Kostka was cold to Ludvik.
(d) Kostka is glad to see Ludvik.
5. Ludvik and Kostka, just before Kostka returns to the hospital, come to an ideological impasse. How long ago were they in the same position?
(a) Nine years.
(b) Seven years.
(c) Fourteen years.
(d) Fifteen years.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Ludvik find Kostka's flat?
2. Where does Kostka live?
3. Ludvik overhears his neighbors in the hotel as soon as he is settled in. What does he learn about the neighbors?
4. At the beginning of the novel, how long has the narrator been away from his home?
5. How does Ludvik feel about the differences between himself and Kostka?
This section contains 324 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)