|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part One: Ludvik.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Kostka hopes that Ludvik will use his flat for what?
(a) "Something very clean."
(b) "Something very laughable."
(c) "Something really beautiful."
(d) "Something destructive."
2. Ludvik, as the woman giving him a shave soaps his face, slips into what?
(a) A lie.
(b) A nap.
(c) A conversation.
(d) A fantasy.
3. Ludvik and Kostka sit in Kostka's flat before he has to go back to the hospital and chat over what?
4. Ludvik asks Kostka for a recommendation for what service?
(a) A store that sells liquor.
(b) A shave.
(c) A decent dinner.
(d) Entertainment for the evening.
5. What is the state of Ludvik's hotel room?
(a) Welcoming; two chairs at the table.
(b) Cosy; very well furnished.
(c) Comfortable; a firm bed.
(d) Sparse; not exactly attractive.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the narrator's hometown?
2. How does the narrator view the town square of his hometown after his long absence?
3. What favor does Ludvik ask of Kostka?
4. Ludvik overhears his neighbors in the hotel as soon as he is settled in. What does he learn about the neighbors?
5. What does Ludvik think of this woman's voice who shaved him?
This section contains 286 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)