|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Six: Kostka.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Helena doing the evening of the beginning of part two?
(a) Mending clothes all night.
(b) Staying up late to read.
(c) Cleaning her house until the dawn.
(d) Going to bed early.
2. Ludvik decides to leave his hotel shortly after arriving for the first time. What does he want to do?
(a) Buy a new suit.
(b) Obtain something to eat.
(c) Ask an acquaintance for a discreet favor.
(d) Send a letter at the post office.
3. What happened in 1956 and how did it affect Helena and Zemanek?
(a) Stalin's crimes came out, but Pavel remained loyal.
(b) Stalin became a hero but Helena didn't like him.
(c) Stalin became a hero but Pavel didn't like him.
(d) Stalin's crimes came out, but Helena remained loyal.
4. What is the name of the woman who shaves Ludvik?
5. According to Ludvik, what kind of woman is Marketa?
(a) She separates work and home really well.
(b) She is always joking around.
(c) She can't settle down.
(d) She takes everything seriously.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Marketa and Ludvik reunite at University, how does Marketa act?
2. Ludvik and Kostka, just before Kostka returns to the hospital, come to an ideological impasse. How long ago were they in the same position?
3. The only person Lucie related her past to is Kostka. Who is the only person Kostka told?
4. How many mothers sit in a semi-circle in the simulated baptism in part five?
5. When did Helena move to Prague?
This section contains 272 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)