|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Six: Kostka.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the narrator of part five doing just before the narration begins?
2. Kostka hopes that Ludvik will use his flat for what?
(a) "Something destructive."
(b) "Something really beautiful."
(c) "Something very laughable."
(d) "Something very clean."
3. How far back does Jaroslav trace his beloved music back in history? Where do the musical roots begin?
(a) Genghis Kahn's armies.
(b) Ancient Greece.
(c) Egyptian Pyramid culture.
(d) The Hungarians.
4. On what condition is Lucie allowed to stay in western Bohemia?
(a) She must work at the state-farm.
(b) She must work in a restaurant, serving food.
(c) She must work in the barber shop, giving shaves.
(d) She must work in the prison, doing laundry.
5. What did Zemanek say to Helena in the heat of an argument when their daughter was five?
(a) They married out of Party discipline.
(b) Everyone loves in different ways.
(c) That he believed Zdena wasn't his daughter.
(d) He was sorry they were fighting and he loves her.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the woman who shaves Ludvik?
2. How many empty chairs are at the barber where Ludvik goes to get a shave?
3. After Ludvik's exile and return, Jaroslav asks Ludvik to join him where?
4. Where does Kostka believe Ludvik is living, figuratively?
5. After the woman giving Ludvik finishes soaping his face and gets up to retrieve the razor, Ludvick wants to look at her and realizes what?
This section contains 277 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)