|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Two: Helena.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Helena claim she is looking for?
(a) New dreams.
(b) A new political party.
(c) New ideals.
2. Zemanek and Helena were together for nearly two years when what happened?
(a) Helena was called before a committee and kept out of Zemanek's way.
(b) Zemanek was called before a committee and kept out of Helena's way.
(c) Helena became pregnant.
(d) Zemanek asked her to marry him.
3. Where does Kostka live?
(a) In the same hotel Ludvik is staying in.
(b) He has a room in the hospital.
(c) A bachelor flat in a new complex.
(d) A two-room flat in another town 30 miles away.
4. What organ does Helena have trouble with, under the slightest bit of exertion?
(a) Her heart.
(b) Her stomach.
(c) Her brain.
(d) Her lungs.
5. When did Helena move to Prague?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the narrator view the town square of his hometown after his long absence?
2. What is the name of the man Ludvik asks for at the booth at the gate of the hospital?
3. What is the state of Ludvik's hotel room?
4. What is the name of the narrator's hometown?
5. Ludvik asks Kostka for a recommendation for what service?
This section contains 245 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)