|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Two: Helena.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As the woman cleans Ludvik's face with a towel, what does Ludvik pretend?
(a) He is back in Prague with his regular barber.
(b) She is slapping him.
(c) She is caressing him.
(d) He is being cleaned by someone else.
2. Ludvik overhears his neighbors in the hotel as soon as he is settled in. What does he learn about the neighbors?
(a) They are a large family of five.
(b) It is an old man traveling alone, talking to himself.
(c) They are a small family of three.
(d) They are a man and a woman.
3. How does Ludvik feel about the differences between himself and Kostka?
(a) Ludvik really dislikes Kostka.
(b) Ludvik gets very angry with Kostka.
(c) Ludvik hates to argue with Kostka.
(d) Their differences endear Kostka to Ludvik.
4. What is the name of Helena's daughter?
5. At the beginning of the novel, how long has the narrator been away from his home?
(a) Fifteen years.
(b) Ten years.
(c) Five years.
(d) Twenty years.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the narrator of the part two?
2. What favor does Ludvik ask of Kostka?
3. Ludvik, as the woman giving him a shave soaps his face, slips into what?
4. What does Ludvik think of this woman's voice who shaved him?
5. What does Helena's co-workers say about her at work?
This section contains 295 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)