|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Two: Helena.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Zemanek and Helena were together for nearly two years when what happened?
(a) Helena was called before a committee and kept out of Zemanek's way.
(b) Zemanek asked her to marry him.
(c) Helena became pregnant.
(d) Zemanek was called before a committee and kept out of Helena's way.
2. Where does Kostka live?
(a) In the same hotel Ludvik is staying in.
(b) A two-room flat in another town 30 miles away.
(c) A bachelor flat in a new complex.
(d) He has a room in the hospital.
3. What floor does Kostka live on?
(a) The fourth floor.
(b) The second floor.
(c) The fifth floor.
(d) The third floor.
4. At the beginning of the novel, how long has the narrator been away from his home?
(a) Ten years.
(b) Five years.
(c) Twenty years.
(d) Fifteen years.
5. When Ludvik sits down to have a shave, what does he do?
(a) Avoid the mirror and look at the ceiling.
(b) Start a conversation with the man in the chair next to him.
(c) Check his appearance in the mirror.
(d) Talk to the girl shaving him right away.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Zemanek start after Togliatti spoke in Old Town Square?
2. What is the name of the narrator's hometown?
3. Helena believes that there is no split between what?
4. Who said, "May melancholy never taint my name."?
5. After the woman giving Ludvik finishes soaping his face and gets up to retrieve the razor, Ludvick wants to look at her and realizes what?
This section contains 296 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)