|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Two: Helena.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the narrator of the part two?
2. Ludvik overhears his neighbors in the hotel as soon as he is settled in. What does he learn about the neighbors?
(a) They are a man and a woman.
(b) They are a large family of five.
(c) They are a small family of three.
(d) It is an old man traveling alone, talking to himself.
3. How does the narrator view the town square of his hometown after his long absence?
(a) He finds it charming.
(b) He finds it unsightly.
(c) He finds it beautiful.
(d) He finds it changed from his memory.
4. How does Ludvik find Kostka's flat?
(a) It is dingy.
(b) It is overly lavish.
(c) It is very attractive.
(d) It is sparse.
5. When did Helena realize she was in love with Zemanek?
(a) While visiting Italy with their ensemble.
(b) At a meeting for the Youth League.
(c) After they married.
(d) On the anniversary of the Liberation in Old Town Square.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Helena doing at the age of eighteen?
2. At the beginning of the novel, how long has the narrator been away from his home?
3. What is the name of the woman who shaves Ludvik?
4. How many empty chairs are at the barber where Ludvik goes to get a shave?
5. Ludvik asks Kostka for a recommendation for what service?
This section contains 251 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)