|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Four: Jaroslav.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As the woman cleans Ludvik's face with a towel, what does Ludvik pretend?
(a) He is being cleaned by someone else.
(b) He is back in Prague with his regular barber.
(c) She is slapping him.
(d) She is caressing him.
2. Zemanek and Helena were together for nearly two years when what happened?
(a) Zemanek was called before a committee and kept out of Helena's way.
(b) Helena became pregnant.
(c) Zemanek asked her to marry him.
(d) Helena was called before a committee and kept out of Zemanek's way.
3. What is the name of the narrator of the first section of the novel?
4. What does Helena claim she is looking for?
(a) New ideals.
(c) A new political party.
(d) New dreams.
5. What instrument is Jaroslav's favorite in his house, of all his possessions?
(a) The cello.
(b) The viola.
(c) The violin.
(d) The harmonium.
Short Answer Questions
1. Helena believes that there is no split between what?
2. According to Ludvik, what kind of woman is Marketa?
3. What is Jaroslav's secret nickname for Ludvik?
4. What honor is given to Vladimir in part four?
5. At the end of her first year at university, Marketa is sent away by who?
This section contains 264 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)