1. What is the name of the narrator of the first section of the novel?
2. At the beginning of the novel, how long has the narrator been away from his home?
(a) Ten years.
(b) Fifteen years.
(c) Twenty years.
(d) Five years.
3. In the beginning of the novel, the narrator claims his mission could have been completed in what city?
4. What is the name of the narrator's hometown?
5. How does the narrator view the town square of his hometown after his long absence?
(a) He finds it changed from his memory.
(b) He finds it charming.
(c) He finds it unsightly.
(d) He finds it beautiful.
6. Where does the narrator go after he leaves the town square?
(a) To see a dear friend.
(b) His hotel.
(c) His mother's house.
(d) His old school.
7. What is the state of Ludvik's hotel room?
(a) Welcoming; two chairs at the table.
(b) Comfortable; a firm bed.
(c) Cosy; very well furnished.
(d) Sparse; not exactly attractive.
This section contains 4,601 words
(approx. 16 pages at 300 words per page)