|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. On what do witnesses see a man and two women riding on just before dark in Chapter 6?
(a) A barn roof.
(b) A house.
(c) A boat.
(d) A train.
2. What does Rev. Chapman see rolling past him at 4 p.m. in Chapter 5?
(a) A church.
(b) A prison.
(c) A schoolhouse.
(d) A boxcar.
3. What sum does Unger summarize the losses at the club to be?
4. What is the last name of the one male reporter to die of pneumonia?
5. Who entertains "Newspaper Row" by asking colleagues about restaurants?
(a) Henry Phipps.
(b) Richard Harding Davis.
(c) Frank Deckert.
(d) D.W.C. Bidwell.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who conducts a church service on Sunday that initially attracts 30 people?
2. How many of the 60 people survive when the Hubert House collapses?
3. What kind of immigrants have lurid stories spread about them regarding thieving and shooting after the flood?
4. What is the name of the religious fanatics that come from Pittsburgh?
5. How many people in Johnstown end up dying of typhoid?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is the Quinn family described in Chapter 5?
2. Describe what happens to Gertrude Quinn after she hides in a cupboard.
3. What efforts does Daniel Hartman Hastings try and make?
4. What reasons does the author suggest for Pitcairn joining the South Fork Hunting and Fishing Club?
5. How are Clara Barton's relief efforts described?
6. What are some of the efforts made by the townsfolk in regards to helping the flood survivors in Chapter 7?
7. Describe the city's reasons for needing quick disinfection in Chapter 8.
8. How is Victor Heiser described when the wave reaches his family's property?
9. What is the nature of the stories about Daniel Peyton?
10. How is the identification of the dead bodies described in Chapter 7?
This section contains 613 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)