|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who heads the Pittsburgh Relief Committee after Moxham resigns?
(a) John Hess.
(b) John Fulton.
(c) James B. Scott.
(d) Daniel Hartman Hastings.
2. In what year does Pitcairn's first interest in the dam come after it wrecks railroad property?
3. In what month does Clara Barton end up leaving Johnstown?
4. How many children under ten-years-old die in the flood?
5. What train was the survivor on who wrote a long, florid account of his "race for life" with the "monster destruction"?
(a) The Limited.
(b) The Flash.
(c) The Daydream.
(d) Day Express.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the person interviewed separately who tells of seeing water shooting out between rocks in the dam?
2. Who is known as the "Paul Revere of the Flood"?
3. What is the name of the club that develops as esprit de corps, as in wartime?
4. On what day does the sun shine for the first time since the flood?
5. What is the name of the man who started stories while berserk over the loss of his wife and children?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is the identification of the dead bodies described in Chapter 7?
2. How is the work of the 200 photographers visiting Johnstown described?
3. How is Johnstown described at the beginning of Chapter 7?
4. What happens to a man and two women seen riding a barn roof in Chapter 6?
5. What is the nature of the stories about Daniel Peyton?
6. How is Kurz and Allison's lithograph described?
7. How is the Quinn family described in Chapter 5?
8. What is the nature of Pitcairn's second message to Pittsburgh?
9. What are some of the efforts made by the townsfolk in regards to helping the flood survivors in Chapter 7?
10. How are the first arrivals of supply carts described?
This section contains 619 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)