|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the area where the train stops at 4:05 p.m. at Sang Hollow in Chapter 6?
2. How many casualties are first estimated that are too high?
3. How many people are taken back and forth on the ferry?
4. What day does the first case of typhoid come on?
(a) July 5.
(b) June 10.
(c) June 20.
(d) July 1.
5. What is the name of the woman who has a baby boy during the flood?
(a) Mrs. Carpenter.
(b) Mrs. Smith.
(c) Mrs. Williams.
(d) Mrs. Jones.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many refugees are trapped in the Swan house in Chapter 5?
2. How much money is raised in Pittsburgh the Saturday after the flood?
3. What is the name of the man who helps save the girl who climbs in a cupboard in Chapter 5?
4. What is said to be causing a violent epidemic problem in Chapter 7?
5. How many of the 119 people riding debris downstream at 15 mph are saved in Chapter 6?
Short Essay Questions
1. How are Clara Barton's relief efforts described?
2. How is Kurz and Allison's lithograph described?
3. How is the Quinn family described in Chapter 5?
4. What is Pitcairn's reaction after seeing debris in the muddy water at Sang Hollow?
5. How is Mr. Pitcairn described as he prepares to go to Johnstown to evaluate flood damage?
6. How are the Hungarians depicted in Johnstown in Chapter 8?
7. How is Johnstown described at the beginning of Chapter 7?
8. What is the nature of the stories about Daniel Peyton?
9. Describe what happens to Gertrude Quinn after she hides in a cupboard.
10. Describe the city's reasons for needing quick disinfection in Chapter 8.
This section contains 591 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)