|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many frame houses does Cambria Iron rent from the city of Johnstown?
2. What is the name of the company that provided steel and led to Johnstown's expansion to triple the size?
(a) Cambria Iron Company.
(b) B & O Railroad.
(c) Pittsburgh Steel.
(d) Johnstown Steel.
3. Which of the following is not one of the details mentioned regarding people's actions just after the flood?
(a) No order.
(b) No organization.
(c) No sense.
(d) No class.
4. What are the dimensions of the South Fork dam?
(a) 75 feet by 500 feet.
(b) 50 feet by 500 feet.
(c) 72 feet by 900 feet.
(d) 60 feet by 600 feet.
5. Which of the following positive attributes is not given to Johnstown in regards to the quality of living there?
(a) Declining cost of living.
(b) High birth rate.
(c) No debt.
(d) Low taxes.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long does it take for Lake Conemaugh to empty in Chapter 4?
2. How many people are taken back and forth on the ferry?
3. What is the name of the man who started stories while berserk over the loss of his wife and children?
4. How many passengers and porters on the Day Express died in the flood?
5. What is the title of Chapter 3?
This section contains 214 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)