|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the man of the Philadelphia Press who catches a train to Johnstown but gets no further than Harrisburg?
(a) Henry S. Brown.
(b) Cyrus Elder.
(c) John Fulton.
(d) W. Horace Rose.
2. Who conducts an investigation years after the flood on the whereabouts and activities of the railroad employees in the flood?
(a) The mayor of Johnstown.
(b) The state of Pennsylvania.
(c) The city of Johnstown.
(d) Pennsylvania Railroad.
3. What height is the water that Seibert observes coming over the top of the dam near the end of Chapter 3?
(a) 50-60 feet.
(b) 40-50 feet.
(c) 70-80 feet.
(d) 30-40 feet.
4. Where does the train roll slowly back to when it cannot reach Johnstown in Chapter 6?
(a) Mineral Point.
(b) New Florence.
(d) Stony Bridge.
5. How many communities does the mud and debris go through before reaching Johnstown?
Short Answer Questions
1. How many people live in South Fork, according to Chapter 2?
2. How many crucial changes did Ruff's men find that Fulton failed to notice?
3. Who is known as the "Paul Revere of the Flood"?
4. Who was willing to help foot the bill for an outlet pipe system to increase the safety of the dam?
5. What is the name of the lake that was 15 miles upriver from Johnstown and was held back by the dam?
This section contains 231 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)