|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is described as by far the greatest horror witnessed by flood victims in Chapter 5?
(a) The flood in Mineral Point.
(b) The fire at the church.
(c) The flood in Cresson.
(d) The fire at the bridge.
2. How long does it take for Lake Conemaugh to empty in Chapter 4?
(a) 20-30 minutes.
(b) 1 hour.
(c) 36-45 minutes.
(d) 2 hours.
3. How many of the 60 people survive when the Hubert House collapses?
4. How many people died in Mineral Point in Chapter 4?
5. What day does the first case of typhoid come on?
(a) July 1.
(b) June 10.
(c) July 5.
(d) June 20.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the telegraph operator in Mineral Point?
2. What is the death toll ratio given at the end of Chapter 4?
3. What is the name of the religious fanatics that come from Pittsburgh?
4. What is the name of the vice president of Cambria Iron who says rebuilding will begin immediately?
5. What is the name of the newspaper in Johnstown?
This section contains 190 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)