|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following rumors was not mentioned after the flood?
(a) Gangs of toughs.
(c) Prowling thieves.
(d) Drunken brawls.
2. What is described as by far the greatest horror witnessed by flood victims in Chapter 5?
(a) The flood in Mineral Point.
(b) The fire at the church.
(c) The fire at the bridge.
(d) The flood in Cresson.
3. What is used to disinfect the entire district in Chapter 8?
(d) Antibacterial soap.
4. What birthday is the United States ready to celebrate the year of the Johnstown flood?
5. What is the name of the area where the train stops at 4:05 p.m. at Sang Hollow in Chapter 6?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who owns the South Fork dam?
2. In what year did the South Fork dam break for the first time?
3. What is the last name of the one male reporter to die of pneumonia?
4. How long does it take for Lake Conemaugh to empty in Chapter 4?
5. Who entertains "Newspaper Row" by asking colleagues about restaurants?
This section contains 202 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)