|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What falls down about 3:15 p.m. on the day of the flood, which causes a great stir in the crowd?
(a) The Methodist Church.
(b) The schoolhouse.
(c) The prison.
(d) The telegraph tower.
2. What is the name of the large Pittsburgh construction company that sends 1,000 employees to the flood relief?
(a) Booth and Flinn.
(b) Carnegie and Booth.
(c) Carnegie and Mellon.
(d) Mellon and Finn.
3. What is the name of the man who brings three carloads of supplies and 300 men to help the relief efforts?
(a) Daniel Peyton.
(b) Capt. Bill Jones.
(c) Henry Clay Frick.
(d) Victor Heiser.
4. In what section of the train did a passenger have to jump over, crawl under, or run around in order to escape the flood in Chapter 4?
(a) The caboose.
(b) The front car.
(c) Section 1.
(d) Section 2.
5. How many crucial changes did Ruff's men find that Fulton failed to notice?
Short Answer Questions
1. What height is the water that Seibert observes coming over the top of the dam near the end of Chapter 3?
2. How many frame houses does Cambria Iron rent from the city of Johnstown?
3. What is the name of the place best known for many sporting houses?
4. What is the name of the telegraph operator in Mineral Point?
5. What is the name of the area where the train stops at 4:05 p.m. at Sang Hollow in Chapter 6?
This section contains 239 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)