|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following places was not one of the refuge houses for flood victims?
(a) The telegraph tower.
(b) Alma Hall.
(c) The Presbyterian Church.
(d) Dr. Lowman's house.
2. What item, along with rude rafts, do the families of Johnstown pull in the streets during the storm?
(b) Spring wagons.
(d) Chuck wagons.
3. What is the name of the country club that owned the dam that led to much of the Johnstown flood's damage?
(a) Johnstown Hunting Club.
(b) South Fork Fishing and Hunting Club.
(c) Stony Creek Fishing Club.
(d) Johnstown Hunting and Fishing Club.
4. What is the name of the man who helps save the girl who climbs in a cupboard in Chapter 5?
(a) Robert Pitcairn.
(b) Maxwell McAchren.
(c) Henry Phipps.
(d) Cyrus Elder.
5. What is the name of the resident engineer at the country club that owned the South Fork dam?
(a) Charles Reade.
(b) John G. Parke.
(c) Chal Dick.
(d) Frank Deckert.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the man that founded the city of Cresson?
2. What kind of immigrants have lurid stories spread about them regarding thieving and shooting after the flood?
3. What is the ratio of the dead bodies that cannot be identified?
4. What was the last name of the first white settlers that came to Johnstown in 1771?
5. What is the name of the family who are described as atypical in comparison with their neighbors in Johnstown?
This section contains 253 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)