|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of Hettie Ogle's daughter that is with her during the flood?
2. How many trains do reporters charter from Pittsburgh to Johnstown to report on the flood?
3. What is the name of the man who helps save the girl who climbs in a cupboard in Chapter 5?
(a) Cyrus Elder.
(b) Maxwell McAchren.
(c) Robert Pitcairn.
(d) Henry Phipps.
4. How many children under ten-years-old die in the flood?
5. In what year does Johnstown experience its first flood when a small dam breaks across Stony Creek?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following amenities does Johnstown not have in 1889?
2. What is the title of Chapter 5?
3. At what time do journalists going on foot or wagon reach New Florence in Chapter 6?
4. What is the name of the Pittsburgh clubmen's president and manager in Chapter 3?
5. What kind of immigrants have lurid stories spread about them regarding thieving and shooting after the flood?
This section contains 190 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)