|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What term did Johnstown residents use collectively for any immigrant willing to work cheap?
2. What church does the Mussante family see a raft slam into in Chapter 5?
(a) The Methodist Church.
(b) The Baptist Church.
(c) The Presbyterian Church.
(d) The Catholic Church.
3. What is the name of the man who helps save the girl who climbs in a cupboard in Chapter 5?
(a) Cyrus Elder.
(b) Maxwell McAchren.
(c) Henry Phipps.
(d) Robert Pitcairn.
4. At what time does a deep, steady rumble like an avalanche approach Johnstown in Chapter 5?
(b) 4:07 p.m.
(c) 3:00 p.m.
(d) 5:00 a.m.
5. What is the name of the engineer who sits in the cab of train No. 2 at Buttermilk Falls in Chapter 4?
(a) James B. Scott.
(b) John Hess.
(c) Benjamin J. Ruff.
(d) George T. Swank.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the woman who has a baby boy during the flood?
2. What is described as by far the greatest horror witnessed by flood victims in Chapter 5?
3. How many of the 500-600 people in the bridge survive?
4. How many of the 119 people riding debris downstream at 15 mph are saved in Chapter 6?
5. Who is the first human victim that the water claims in Chapter 4?
This section contains 224 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)