|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At what time do a carpenter and his wife stagger into town and report that there is hardly a building left standing in Johnstown?
(a) 3:30 a.m.
(b) 4:00 a.m.
(c) 1:00 p.m.
(d) 5:00 p.m.
2. What do Johnstown residents see catch fire around 8 p.m. the day of the flood?
(a) The spire of St. John's church.
(b) The prison.
(c) The wooden bridge.
3. What is the name of the cemetery that was found along the river which kept Civil War veterans?
(a) Sandy Vale Cemetery.
(b) Mineral Point Cemetery.
(c) Stony Creek Cemetery.
(d) Johnstown Cemetery.
4. What is the name of the woman who has a baby boy during the flood?
(a) Mrs. Carpenter.
(b) Mrs. Williams.
(c) Mrs. Jones.
(d) Mrs. Smith.
5. How much did the workers at the iron company in Johnstown make for a week's work?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the engineer who sits in the cab of train No. 2 at Buttermilk Falls in Chapter 4?
2. What is the name of the bridge that South Fork Creek winds toward?
3. What is the name of the man that founded the city of Cresson?
4. How many Pittsburgh newspapers send reporters to Johnstown to report on the flood?
5. What is the name of the cantankerous editor of the Tribune?
This section contains 238 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)