|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the Methodist minister who lives two doors off Main Street?
(a) Rev. Chal Dick.
(b) Rev. H.L. Chapman.
(c) Rev. David Beale.
(d) Rev. John Fulton.
2. What is the name of the family who reports say were awakened and frightened by a "rumbling, roaring sound"?
3. What is the name of the cemetery that was found along the river which kept Civil War veterans?
(a) Stony Creek Cemetery.
(b) Johnstown Cemetery.
(c) Mineral Point Cemetery.
(d) Sandy Vale Cemetery.
4. Who is the chief counsel for the Iron Company in Johnstown?
(a) Henry Clay Frick.
(b) Robert Pitcairn.
(c) Cyrus Elder.
(d) John Fulton.
5. What is the name of the engineer of the Chicago Limited?
(a) H.M. Bennett.
(b) D.W.C. Bidwell.
(c) Frank Deckert.
(d) Henry Phipps.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the two section train that came into Johnstown from Chicago?
2. How many saloons does greater Johnstown have?
3. What is the name of the bridge that South Fork Creek winds toward?
4. What is described as by far the greatest horror witnessed by flood victims in Chapter 5?
5. What landmark is mentioned as reaching to the heavens in Chapter 1 that can be seen in the Johnstown newspaper?
This section contains 234 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)