|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What disease was the only one prevalent among Johnstown residents in 1889 before the flood?
(a) Strep Throat.
(b) Scarlet Fever.
(d) Chicken Pox.
2. What landmark is mentioned as reaching to the heavens in Chapter 1 that can be seen in the Johnstown newspaper?
(b) Big Ben.
(c) Pont Neuf.
(d) The Eiffel Tower.
3. Who is the first flood-related death ever in Johnstown?
(a) Joseph Ross.
(b) Victor Heiser.
(c) Chal Dick.
(d) Cyrus Elder.
4. What does Hettie Ogle see sweep past her and slam into a pier near the end of Chapter 3?
(a) A house.
(b) A cow.
(c) A boat.
(d) A horse.
5. At what time does the dam simply move away in a push at the end of Chapter 3?
(a) 3:10 p.m.
(b) 5:00 p.m.
(c) 1:00 a.m.
(d) 2:30 a.m.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the chief counsel for the Iron Company in Johnstown?
2. What is the name of the brakeman in Section 1 that looks out for himself rather than passengers during the flood?
3. What is the name of the country club that owned the dam that led to much of the Johnstown flood's damage?
4. At what height did experts say the dam could not reach if the whole town didn't want to be threatened?
5. How many rooms does the South Fork club have?
This section contains 237 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)