|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What society does W. Horace Rose found in Johnstown?
(a) The Opera Society.
(b) The Steel Society.
(c) The Literary Society.
(d) The Honor Society.
2. What is the name of the distinguished lawyer who sets off in an open wagon to help evacuees in Chapter 3?
(a) Henry Phipps.
(b) Frank Deckert.
(c) W. Horace Rose.
(d) Andrew Mellon.
3. What are the names of the bodies of water that flowed through Johnstown?
(a) Little Conemaugh and Stony Creek.
(b) Little Conemaugh and Sandy Vale.
(c) Mineral Point and Little Conemaugh.
(d) Stony Creek and Sandy Vale.
4. What is the name of the resident engineer at the country club that owned the South Fork dam?
(a) Frank Deckert.
(b) Chal Dick.
(c) Charles Reade.
(d) John G. Parke.
5. What is the name of the bridge that South Fork Creek winds toward?
(a) Stony Bridge.
(b) Greybeard Bridge.
(c) Lamb's Bridge.
(d) Stone Creek Bridge.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the ticket agent that is asked for his advice on whether to send a warning to Pitcairn at the end of Chapter 3?
2. What is the name of the man that founded the city of Cresson?
3. How many miles downstream from its origins does Lake Conemaugh reform in Chapter 4?
4. What is the name of the family who reports say were awakened and frightened by a "rumbling, roaring sound"?
5. What date did the Johnstown flood begin?
This section contains 244 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)