|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the place in South Fork that was a perfect solution for boating and fishing?
(a) Stony Creek.
(b) The Little Conemaugh.
(c) The Old Reservoir.
(d) Mineral Point.
2. Who is the first flood-related death ever in Johnstown?
(a) Victor Heiser.
(b) Chal Dick.
(c) Cyrus Elder.
(d) Joseph Ross.
3. What is the title of Chapter 3?
(a) There's a man came from the lake.
(b) The man from Tallahassee.
(c) A mighty flood.
(d) A message from Mr. Pitcairn.
4. In what year does Johnstown experience its first flood when a small dam breaks across Stony Creek?
5. What society does W. Horace Rose found in Johnstown?
(a) The Literary Society.
(b) The Steel Society.
(c) The Honor Society.
(d) The Opera Society.
Short Answer Questions
1. What year did work stop on the building of the South Fork dam?
2. What holiday were the townsfolk of Johnstown preparing for before the flood began?
3. What are the dimensions of the South Fork dam?
4. At what price does John Reilly buy the area surrounding the dam?
5. What does Hettie Ogle see sweep past her and slam into a pier near the end of Chapter 3?
This section contains 202 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)