|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the last name of the family who owns the store in Johnstown where rumors of a disaster become a joke just before the flood?
2. What is the amount of salary Bill Jones accepts from Andrew Carnegie in Chapter 2?
3. In what year does Johnstown experience its first flood when a small dam breaks across Stony Creek?
4. How many people live in South Fork, according to Chapter 2?
5. At what time does the dam simply move away in a push at the end of Chapter 3?
(a) 1:00 a.m.
(b) 3:10 p.m.
(c) 2:30 a.m.
(d) 5:00 p.m.
Short Answer Questions
1. At what age did the Pittsburgh clubmen's new president and manager begin working on the railroad?
2. What is the name of Hettie Ogle's daughter that is with her during the flood?
3. What is the name of the lake that was 15 miles upriver from Johnstown and was held back by the dam?
4. How many rooms does the South Fork club have?
5. What does the book say the embankment on the river was built up of?
This section contains 186 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)