|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many frame houses does Cambria Iron rent from the city of Johnstown?
2. Where were the trains trying to get into Johnstown held because of trouble in Lilly?
(a) Stony Creek.
(b) Mineral Point.
(d) East Conemaugh.
3. What is the name of the reverend who turns out with his neighbors just before the first flood break?
(a) Chal Dick.
(b) G.W. Brown.
(c) Robert Pitcairn.
(d) Charles Reade.
4. How many crucial changes did Ruff's men find that Fulton failed to notice?
5. At what age did the Pittsburgh clubmen's new president and manager begin working on the railroad?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the two section train that came into Johnstown from Chicago?
2. What is the name of the company whose financing led to much of Pittsburgh's industrial growth?
3. What height is the water that Seibert observes coming over the top of the dam near the end of Chapter 3?
4. What is the name of Hettie Ogle's daughter that is with her during the flood?
5. At what time does John G. Parke say he wakes up a second time to hear a "terrible roaring as of a cataract"?
This section contains 216 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)