|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What year did work stop on the building of the South Fork dam?
2. What height is the water that Seibert observes coming over the top of the dam near the end of Chapter 3?
(a) 40-50 feet.
(b) 30-40 feet.
(c) 50-60 feet.
(d) 70-80 feet.
3. What does the book say the embankment on the river was built up of?
4. What is the name of the reverend who turns out with his neighbors just before the first flood break?
(a) Chal Dick.
(b) Robert Pitcairn.
(c) G.W. Brown.
(d) Charles Reade.
5. What is the name of the man that founded the city of Cresson?
(a) Dr. Robert Montgomery.
(b) Henry Clay Frick.
(c) Robert Pitcairn.
(d) Cyrus Elder.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many saloons does greater Johnstown have?
2. In what year does Johnstown experience its first flood when a small dam breaks across Stony Creek?
3. What is the name of the brilliant English chemist who founded a contemporary process of producing steel?
4. What holiday were the townsfolk of Johnstown preparing for before the flood began?
5. What is the name of the family who reports say were awakened and frightened by a "rumbling, roaring sound"?
This section contains 203 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)