|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the lake that was 15 miles upriver from Johnstown and was held back by the dam?
(a) Lake Conemaugh.
(b) Lake Huron.
(c) Lake Pennsylvania.
(d) Lake Michigan.
2. What society does W. Horace Rose found in Johnstown?
(a) The Literary Society.
(b) The Opera Society.
(c) The Honor Society.
(d) The Steel Society.
3. What does Hettie Ogle see sweep past her and slam into a pier near the end of Chapter 3?
(a) A house.
(b) A cow.
(c) A boat.
(d) A horse.
4. How many frame houses does Cambria Iron rent from the city of Johnstown?
5. How many crucial changes did Ruff's men find that Fulton failed to notice?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the company that provided steel and led to Johnstown's expansion to triple the size?
2. How many rooms does the South Fork club have?
3. At what time does John G. Parke say he wakes up a second time to hear a "terrible roaring as of a cataract"?
4. Which of the following amenities does Johnstown not have in 1889?
5. In what year does Johnstown experience its first flood when a small dam breaks across Stony Creek?
This section contains 203 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)