|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many rooms does the South Fork club have?
2. Who owns the South Fork dam?
(a) The state of Pennsylvania.
(b) The city of Johnstown.
(c) The South Fork Hunting and Fishing Club.
(d) Andrew Carnegie.
3. What is the name of the man that founded the city of Cresson?
(a) Dr. Robert Montgomery.
(b) Robert Pitcairn.
(c) Henry Clay Frick.
(d) Cyrus Elder.
4. What is the name of the bridge that South Fork Creek winds toward?
(a) Greybeard Bridge.
(b) Stony Bridge.
(c) Lamb's Bridge.
(d) Stone Creek Bridge.
5. What is the name of the company whose financing led to much of Pittsburgh's industrial growth?
(a) Carnegie & Partners.
(b) Hart LLC.
(c) Quinn & Family.
(d) Mellon & Sons.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the cemetery that was found along the river which kept Civil War veterans?
2. What is the name of the country club that owned the dam that led to much of the Johnstown flood's damage?
3. What year did work stop on the building of the South Fork dam?
4. What are the names of the bodies of water that flowed through Johnstown?
5. At what time was there to be a parade in Johnstown that had to be canceled due to the weather?
This section contains 243 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)