|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many people live in South Fork, according to Chapter 2?
2. Which of the following amenities does Johnstown not have in 1889?
(a) Grocery store.
(d) Railroad station.
3. At what price does John Reilly buy the area surrounding the dam?
4. What is the name of the man that founded the city of Cresson?
(a) Henry Clay Frick.
(b) Robert Pitcairn.
(c) Cyrus Elder.
(d) Dr. Robert Montgomery.
5. What disease was the only one prevalent among Johnstown residents in 1889 before the flood?
(a) Chicken Pox.
(b) Scarlet Fever.
(d) Strep Throat.
Short Answer Questions
1. At what height did experts say the dam could not reach if the whole town didn't want to be threatened?
2. In what year did the South Fork dam break for the first time?
3. What is the name of the resident engineer at the country club that owned the South Fork dam?
4. Who was willing to help foot the bill for an outlet pipe system to increase the safety of the dam?
5. How many saloons does greater Johnstown have?
This section contains 185 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)