|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what year did the South Fork dam break for the first time?
2. What is the name of the manager that is described as the most powerful man in Johnstown?
(a) W. Horace Rose.
(b) James B. Scott.
(c) Daniel Johnson Morrell.
(d) George T. Swank.
3. How many inches of rain dropped at the country club the night before the flood?
4. What is the name of the brilliant English chemist who founded a contemporary process of producing steel?
(a) Henry Bessemer.
(b) Frank Deckert.
(c) Robert Pitcairn.
(d) Andrew Carnegie.
5. What disease was the only one prevalent among Johnstown residents in 1889 before the flood?
(b) Chicken Pox.
(c) Scarlet Fever.
(d) Strep Throat.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the man that founded the city of Cresson?
2. What is the name of the resident engineer at the country club that owned the South Fork dam?
3. At what height did experts say the dam could not reach if the whole town didn't want to be threatened?
4. How many crucial changes did Ruff's men find that Fulton failed to notice?
5. How many saloons does greater Johnstown have?
This section contains 197 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)