|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are the dimensions of the South Fork dam?
(a) 75 feet by 500 feet.
(b) 72 feet by 900 feet.
(c) 50 feet by 500 feet.
(d) 60 feet by 600 feet.
2. What does the book say the embankment on the river was built up of?
3. What is the name of the newspaper in Johnstown?
(a) The Times.
(b) The Beagle.
(c) The Tribune.
(d) The Call.
4. What is the name of the man that founded the city of Cresson?
(a) Cyrus Elder.
(b) Henry Clay Frick.
(c) Dr. Robert Montgomery.
(d) Robert Pitcairn.
5. Who owns the South Fork dam?
(a) The state of Pennsylvania.
(b) Andrew Carnegie.
(c) The city of Johnstown.
(d) The South Fork Hunting and Fishing Club.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following positive attributes is not given to Johnstown in regards to the quality of living there?
2. Who was willing to help foot the bill for an outlet pipe system to increase the safety of the dam?
3. What was the last name of the first white settlers that came to Johnstown in 1771?
4. How many rooms does the South Fork club have?
5. What disease was the only one prevalent among Johnstown residents in 1889 before the flood?
This section contains 213 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)