|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the man that founded the city of Cresson?
(a) Dr. Robert Montgomery.
(b) Robert Pitcairn.
(c) Cyrus Elder.
(d) Henry Clay Frick.
2. What landmark is mentioned as reaching to the heavens in Chapter 1 that can be seen in the Johnstown newspaper?
(a) Big Ben.
(b) The Eiffel Tower.
(d) Pont Neuf.
3. What year did work stop on the building of the South Fork dam?
4. How many rooms does the South Fork club have?
5. Which of the following immigrants were not mentioned to be watching the parade in Johnstown?
Short Answer Questions
1. What birthday is the United States ready to celebrate the year of the Johnstown flood?
2. How much did the workers at the iron company in Johnstown make for a week's work?
3. At what price does John Reilly buy the area surrounding the dam?
4. What is the name of the place best known for many sporting houses?
5. What is the name of the company that provided steel and led to Johnstown's expansion to triple the size?
This section contains 186 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)