|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What year did work stop on the building of the South Fork dam?
2. What holiday were the townsfolk of Johnstown preparing for before the flood began?
(a) Labor Day.
(b) Memorial Day.
(d) New Year's Day.
3. Which of the following amenities does Johnstown not have in 1889?
(b) Grocery store.
(c) Railroad station.
4. In what year did the South Fork dam break for the first time?
5. How many frame houses does Cambria Iron rent from the city of Johnstown?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the cemetery that was found along the river which kept Civil War veterans?
2. What is the name of the lake that was 15 miles upriver from Johnstown and was held back by the dam?
3. What landmark is mentioned as reaching to the heavens in Chapter 1 that can be seen in the Johnstown newspaper?
4. What is the name of the person who laid out Conemaugh Old Town?
5. How much did the workers at the iron company in Johnstown make for a week's work?
This section contains 198 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)