|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What term did Johnstown residents use collectively for any immigrant willing to work cheap?
2. How many frame houses does Cambria Iron rent from the city of Johnstown?
3. What is the name of the lake that was 15 miles upriver from Johnstown and was held back by the dam?
(a) Lake Huron.
(b) Lake Conemaugh.
(c) Lake Pennsylvania.
(d) Lake Michigan.
4. At what time does John G. Parke say he wakes up a second time to hear a "terrible roaring as of a cataract"?
(a) 7:00 p.m.
(b) 3:30 a.m.
(c) 6:30 a.m.
(d) 5:00 p.m.
5. Who is the first flood-related death ever in Johnstown?
(a) Joseph Ross.
(b) Victor Heiser.
(c) Cyrus Elder.
(d) Chal Dick.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the cantankerous editor of the Tribune?
2. What is the last name of the family who owns the store in Johnstown where rumors of a disaster become a joke just before the flood?
3. What disease was the only one prevalent among Johnstown residents in 1889 before the flood?
4. Which of the following positive attributes is not given to Johnstown in regards to the quality of living there?
5. How much money does the book say Cambria Iron had invested in Johnstown by the time the country club was organized?
This section contains 235 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)