|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are the names of the bodies of water that flowed through Johnstown?
(a) Little Conemaugh and Sandy Vale.
(b) Stony Creek and Sandy Vale.
(c) Mineral Point and Little Conemaugh.
(d) Little Conemaugh and Stony Creek.
2. What is the name of the telegraph operator who recalls a man running to her tower in Chapter 3?
(a) John Hess.
(b) Emma Ehrenfeld.
(c) Gertrude Quinn.
(d) Daniel Peyton.
3. What term did Johnstown residents use collectively for any immigrant willing to work cheap?
4. What was the last name of the first white settlers that came to Johnstown in 1771?
5. What is the name of the Methodist minister who lives two doors off Main Street?
(a) Rev. Chal Dick.
(b) Rev. David Beale.
(c) Rev. H.L. Chapman.
(d) Rev. John Fulton.
Short Answer Questions
1. What landmark is mentioned as reaching to the heavens in Chapter 1 that can be seen in the Johnstown newspaper?
2. What is the name of the family who reports say were awakened and frightened by a "rumbling, roaring sound"?
3. What item, along with rude rafts, do the families of Johnstown pull in the streets during the storm?
4. What year did work stop on the building of the South Fork dam?
5. What is the South Fork Creek described as being the perfect one of in Chapter 3?
This section contains 230 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)