|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the distinguished lawyer who sets off in an open wagon to help evacuees in Chapter 3?
(a) W. Horace Rose.
(b) Henry Phipps.
(c) Andrew Mellon.
(d) Frank Deckert.
2. What is the South Fork Creek described as being the perfect one of in Chapter 3?
3. What is the name of the two section train that came into Johnstown from Chicago?
(b) Night Owl.
(c) The Express.
(d) Day Express.
4. What is the name of the cemetery that was found along the river which kept Civil War veterans?
(a) Sandy Vale Cemetery.
(b) Mineral Point Cemetery.
(c) Johnstown Cemetery.
(d) Stony Creek Cemetery.
5. At what time does John G. Parke say he wakes up a second time to hear a "terrible roaring as of a cataract"?
(a) 3:30 a.m.
(b) 5:00 p.m.
(c) 6:30 a.m.
(d) 7:00 p.m.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where were the trains trying to get into Johnstown held because of trouble in Lilly?
2. What is the last name of the family who owns the store in Johnstown where rumors of a disaster become a joke just before the flood?
3. What height is the water that Seibert observes coming over the top of the dam near the end of Chapter 3?
4. How many crucial changes did Ruff's men find that Fulton failed to notice?
5. What is the name of the company whose financing led to much of Pittsburgh's industrial growth?
This section contains 247 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)