|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the place best known for many sporting houses?
(b) Lizzie Thompson's.
(c) Bert's Pub.
2. What does Hettie Ogle see sweep past her and slam into a pier near the end of Chapter 3?
(a) A cow.
(b) A boat.
(c) A horse.
(d) A house.
3. Who owns the South Fork dam?
(a) The state of Pennsylvania.
(b) The South Fork Hunting and Fishing Club.
(c) The city of Johnstown.
(d) Andrew Carnegie.
4. What is the name of the woman who has a baby boy during the flood?
(a) Mrs. Carpenter.
(b) Mrs. Williams.
(c) Mrs. Smith.
(d) Mrs. Jones.
5. What was the last name of the first white settlers that came to Johnstown in 1771?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is described as by far the greatest horror witnessed by flood victims in Chapter 5?
2. What is the amount of salary Bill Jones accepts from Andrew Carnegie in Chapter 2?
3. What is the name of the resident engineer at the country club that owned the South Fork dam?
4. What are the names of the bodies of water that flowed through Johnstown?
5. What is the death toll ratio given at the end of Chapter 4?
This section contains 242 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)