|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the newspaper in Johnstown?
(a) The Times.
(b) The Beagle.
(c) The Call.
(d) The Tribune.
2. What landmark is mentioned as reaching to the heavens in Chapter 1 that can be seen in the Johnstown newspaper?
(b) Big Ben.
(c) Pont Neuf.
(d) The Eiffel Tower.
3. What is the name of the company that provided steel and led to Johnstown's expansion to triple the size?
(a) B & O Railroad.
(b) Cambria Iron Company.
(c) Johnstown Steel.
(d) Pittsburgh Steel.
4. What is the name of the woman who has a baby boy during the flood?
(a) Mrs. Jones.
(b) Mrs. Carpenter.
(c) Mrs. Smith.
(d) Mrs. Williams.
5. Which of the following amenities does Johnstown not have in 1889?
(b) Railroad station.
(d) Grocery store.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the death toll ratio given at the end of Chapter 4?
2. What massive landmark was the water's first major obstacle?
3. What society does W. Horace Rose found in Johnstown?
4. What church does the Mussante family see a raft slam into in Chapter 5?
5. What is the South Fork Creek described as being the perfect one of in Chapter 3?
This section contains 220 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)