|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the amount of salary Bill Jones accepts from Andrew Carnegie in Chapter 2?
2. At what time does John G. Parke say he wakes up a second time to hear a "terrible roaring as of a cataract"?
(a) 6:30 a.m.
(b) 7:00 p.m.
(c) 5:00 p.m.
(d) 3:30 a.m.
3. Who rides back and forth on horseback trying to exhort the men to dig harder on fixing the dam in Chapter 3?
(a) John Hess.
(b) Cyrus Elder.
(c) John G. Parke.
(d) John Fulton.
4. How many communities does the mud and debris go through before reaching Johnstown?
5. What society does W. Horace Rose found in Johnstown?
(a) The Opera Society.
(b) The Honor Society.
(c) The Steel Society.
(d) The Literary Society.
Short Answer Questions
1. What church is the Rev. David Beale in charge of that is one of the places housing flood refugees?
2. What are the names of the bodies of water that flowed through Johnstown?
3. What is the South Fork Creek described as being the perfect one of in Chapter 3?
4. What is the name of the cantankerous editor of the Tribune?
5. How many frame houses does Cambria Iron rent from the city of Johnstown?
This section contains 231 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)