|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following positive attributes is not given to Johnstown in regards to the quality of living there?
(a) No debt.
(b) Declining cost of living.
(c) Low taxes.
(d) High birth rate.
2. Who was willing to help foot the bill for an outlet pipe system to increase the safety of the dam?
(a) Andrew Carnegie.
(b) The state of Pennsylvania.
(c) Cambria Iron.
(d) The mayor of Johnstown.
3. Which of the following amenities does Johnstown not have in 1889?
(b) Grocery store.
(d) Railroad station.
4. What is the name of the telegraph operator who recalls a man running to her tower in Chapter 3?
(a) Daniel Peyton.
(b) John Hess.
(c) Emma Ehrenfeld.
(d) Gertrude Quinn.
5. Who is the chief counsel for the Iron Company in Johnstown?
(a) John Fulton.
(b) Cyrus Elder.
(c) Henry Clay Frick.
(d) Robert Pitcairn.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the woman who has a baby boy during the flood?
2. What is the name of the place best known for many sporting houses?
3. How many miles downstream from its origins does Lake Conemaugh reform in Chapter 4?
4. What is the name of the resident engineer at the country club that owned the South Fork dam?
5. What is the name of the cemetery that was found along the river which kept Civil War veterans?
This section contains 239 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)