|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the title of Chapter 2?
(a) The great flood.
(b) Sailboats on the mountain.
(c) The South Fork Hunting and Fishing Club.
(d) The man came from the lake.
2. What is the name of the telegraph operator who recalls a man running to her tower in Chapter 3?
(a) Emma Ehrenfeld.
(b) Gertrude Quinn.
(c) John Hess.
(d) Daniel Peyton.
3. What are the names of the bodies of water that flowed through Johnstown?
(a) Little Conemaugh and Stony Creek.
(b) Mineral Point and Little Conemaugh.
(c) Stony Creek and Sandy Vale.
(d) Little Conemaugh and Sandy Vale.
4. How many refugees are trapped in the Swan house in Chapter 5?
5. What is the name of the lake that was 15 miles upriver from Johnstown and was held back by the dam?
(a) Lake Michigan.
(b) Lake Pennsylvania.
(c) Lake Conemaugh.
(d) Lake Huron.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the distinguished lawyer who sets off in an open wagon to help evacuees in Chapter 3?
2. In what year did the South Fork dam break for the first time?
3. Which of the following amenities does Johnstown not have in 1889?
4. What is the South Fork Creek described as being the perfect one of in Chapter 3?
5. What is the name of the company whose financing led to much of Pittsburgh's industrial growth?
This section contains 225 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)