|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who owns the South Fork dam?
(a) Andrew Carnegie.
(b) The city of Johnstown.
(c) The state of Pennsylvania.
(d) The South Fork Hunting and Fishing Club.
2. Who conducts an investigation years after the flood on the whereabouts and activities of the railroad employees in the flood?
(a) The state of Pennsylvania.
(b) The mayor of Johnstown.
(c) The city of Johnstown.
(d) Pennsylvania Railroad.
3. What is the name of the cantankerous editor of the Tribune?
(a) Henry Clay Frick.
(b) George T. Swank.
(c) Charles Reade.
(d) Benjamin F. Ruff.
4. What birthday is the United States ready to celebrate the year of the Johnstown flood?
5. How many inches of rain dropped at the country club the night before the flood?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following amenities does Johnstown not have in 1889?
2. In what section of the train did a passenger have to jump over, crawl under, or run around in order to escape the flood in Chapter 4?
3. How many miles downstream from its origins does Lake Conemaugh reform in Chapter 4?
4. How many years had the yardmaster, Walkinshaw, been working the day of the flood?
5. What does the book say the embankment on the river was built up of?
This section contains 215 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)