|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the last name of the family who owns the store in Johnstown where rumors of a disaster become a joke just before the flood?
2. Where does Pitcairn leave Pittsburgh for in a private upholstered car?
(b) Mineral Point.
3. What year did work stop on the building of the South Fork dam?
4. Where does Pitcairn order the reporters' train back to at the end of Chapter 6?
(d) New York.
5. At what price does John Reilly buy the area surrounding the dam?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the place in South Fork that was a perfect solution for boating and fishing?
2. How many people live in South Fork, according to Chapter 2?
3. What is the name of the area where the train stops at 4:05 p.m. at Sang Hollow in Chapter 6?
4. Who arrives in Sang Hollow at 10 p.m. on foot with his story to wire to New Florence regarding the flood?
5. How many people were killed in the "Great Strike" of 1877?
This section contains 192 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)