|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the bridge that South Fork Creek winds toward?
(a) Stony Bridge.
(b) Lamb's Bridge.
(c) Greybeard Bridge.
(d) Stone Creek Bridge.
2. How long does it take for Lake Conemaugh to empty in Chapter 4?
(a) 1 hour.
(b) 20-30 minutes.
(c) 2 hours.
(d) 36-45 minutes.
3. How many passengers and porters on the Day Express died in the flood?
4. What year did work stop on the building of the South Fork dam?
5. How many people were killed in the "Great Strike" of 1877?
Short Answer Questions
1. How many crucial changes did Ruff's men find that Fulton failed to notice?
2. Where does the train roll slowly back to when it cannot reach Johnstown in Chapter 6?
3. How many communities does the mud and debris go through before reaching Johnstown?
4. At what time do a carpenter and his wife stagger into town and report that there is hardly a building left standing in Johnstown?
5. How many trains do reporters charter from Pittsburgh to Johnstown to report on the flood?
This section contains 171 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)