|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many years had the yardmaster, Walkinshaw, been working the day of the flood?
(a) 30 years.
(b) 10 years.
(c) 15 years.
(d) 23 years.
2. What is the name of the brilliant English chemist who founded a contemporary process of producing steel?
(a) Henry Bessemer.
(b) Frank Deckert.
(c) Andrew Carnegie.
(d) Robert Pitcairn.
3. What does Pitcairn say he fears among survivors, which prompts him to call for a public meeting to send supplies to survivors in Chapter 6?
(a) Much pain.
(b) Great damage.
(c) Little suffering.
(d) Terrible suffering.
4. What is the death toll ratio given at the end of Chapter 4?
(a) One in six.
(b) One in three.
(c) One in four.
(d) One in five.
5. What is the name of the manager that is described as the most powerful man in Johnstown?
(a) James B. Scott.
(b) Daniel Johnson Morrell.
(c) W. Horace Rose.
(d) George T. Swank.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many communities does the mud and debris go through before reaching Johnstown?
2. What is the name of the man that founded the city of Cresson?
3. What massive landmark was the water's first major obstacle?
4. What falls down about 3:15 p.m. on the day of the flood, which causes a great stir in the crowd?
5. How many passengers and porters on the Day Express died in the flood?
This section contains 226 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)