|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what year does Johnstown experience its first flood when a small dam breaks across Stony Creek?
2. How long does it take for Lake Conemaugh to empty in Chapter 4?
(a) 36-45 minutes.
(b) 1 hour.
(c) 20-30 minutes.
(d) 2 hours.
3. At what price does John Reilly buy the area surrounding the dam?
4. Who is the first human victim that the water claims in Chapter 4?
(a) Michael Mann.
(b) Chal Dick.
(c) Cyrus Elder,
(d) John Hess.
5. What town is Pitcairn the supreme commander of on the rail line?
(d) Mineral Point.
Short Answer Questions
1. What year did work stop on the building of the South Fork dam?
2. What does the book say the embankment on the river was built up of?
3. What is the death toll ratio given at the end of Chapter 4?
4. At what height did experts say the dam could not reach if the whole town didn't want to be threatened?
5. In what section of the train did a passenger have to jump over, crawl under, or run around in order to escape the flood in Chapter 4?
This section contains 196 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)