|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who arrives in Sang Hollow at 10 p.m. on foot with his story to wire to New Florence regarding the flood?
(a) Charles Reade.
(b) W.N. Hays.
(c) Myron Quinn.
(d) Cyrus Elder.
2. How many rooms does the South Fork club have?
3. In what section of the train did a passenger have to jump over, crawl under, or run around in order to escape the flood in Chapter 4?
(a) The front car.
(b) The caboose.
(c) Section 2.
(d) Section 1.
4. What is the name of the company whose financing led to much of Pittsburgh's industrial growth?
(a) Quinn & Family.
(b) Mellon & Sons.
(c) Carnegie & Partners.
(d) Hart LLC.
5. Who is the first human victim that the water claims in Chapter 4?
(a) Michael Mann.
(b) Cyrus Elder,
(c) John Hess.
(d) Chal Dick.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the amount of salary Bill Jones accepts from Andrew Carnegie in Chapter 2?
2. Where does the train roll slowly back to when it cannot reach Johnstown in Chapter 6?
3. How many miles downstream from its origins does Lake Conemaugh reform in Chapter 4?
4. What is the name of the engineer of the Chicago Limited?
5. In what year did the South Fork dam break for the first time?
This section contains 204 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)