|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many frame houses does Cambria Iron rent from the city of Johnstown?
2. Who owns the South Fork dam?
(a) The state of Pennsylvania.
(b) The South Fork Hunting and Fishing Club.
(c) Andrew Carnegie.
(d) The city of Johnstown.
3. In what year does Pitcairn's first interest in the dam come after it wrecks railroad property?
4. How many people live in South Fork, according to Chapter 2?
5. What is the name of the town where reporters are held because water prevents them from reaching Johnstown?
(b) Mineral Point.
(c) Stony Creek.
Short Answer Questions
1. At what time do a carpenter and his wife stagger into town and report that there is hardly a building left standing in Johnstown?
2. What is the name of the area where the train stops at 4:05 p.m. at Sang Hollow in Chapter 6?
3. In what year does Johnstown experience its first flood when a small dam breaks across Stony Creek?
4. How many Pittsburgh newspapers send reporters to Johnstown to report on the flood?
5. What does Pitcairn say he fears among survivors, which prompts him to call for a public meeting to send supplies to survivors in Chapter 6?
This section contains 203 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)