|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the brakeman in Section 1 that looks out for himself rather than passengers during the flood?
(a) John Fulton.
(b) Charles Reade.
(c) Samuel S. Miller.
(d) Henry Phipps.
2. What year did work stop on the building of the South Fork dam?
3. What is the name of the manager that is described as the most powerful man in Johnstown?
(a) W. Horace Rose.
(b) Daniel Johnson Morrell.
(c) George T. Swank.
(d) James B. Scott.
4. What is the Rev. T.H. Robinson busy doing during the flood in Chapter 4?
(a) Writes a sermon.
(b) Eating dinner.
(c) Taking a bath.
(d) Writing in his diary.
5. What is the last name of the family who owns the store in Johnstown where rumors of a disaster become a joke just before the flood?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the engineer who sits in the cab of train No. 2 at Buttermilk Falls in Chapter 4?
2. Who arrives in Sang Hollow at 10 p.m. on foot with his story to wire to New Florence regarding the flood?
3. At what height did experts say the dam could not reach if the whole town didn't want to be threatened?
4. How much money does the book say Cambria Iron had invested in Johnstown by the time the country club was organized?
5. Who was willing to help foot the bill for an outlet pipe system to increase the safety of the dam?
This section contains 269 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)