1. What date did the Johnstown flood begin?
(a) June 2, 1862.
(b) May 31, 1889.
(c) May 30, 1862.
(d) June 1, 1889.
2. What is the name of the lake that was 15 miles upriver from Johnstown and was held back by the dam?
(a) Lake Pennsylvania.
(b) Lake Conemaugh.
(c) Lake Huron.
(d) Lake Michigan.
3. What holiday were the townsfolk of Johnstown preparing for before the flood began?
(a) New Year's Day.
(b) Labor Day.
(c) Memorial Day.
4. What is the name of the country club that owned the dam that led to much of the Johnstown flood's damage?
(a) South Fork Fishing and Hunting Club.
(b) Johnstown Hunting and Fishing Club.
(c) Stony Creek Fishing Club.
(d) Johnstown Hunting Club.
5. What is the name of the resident engineer at the country club that owned the South Fork dam?
(a) Chal Dick.
(b) John G. Parke.
(c) Frank Deckert.
(d) Charles Reade.
6. How many inches of rain dropped at the country club the night before the flood?
This section contains 3,874 words
(approx. 13 pages at 300 words per page)