|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Jilting of Granny Weatherall.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What word does Granny use to describe lighting the lamps?
2. What would Granny say to her children when it was time to come in from playing?
(a) Time for bed
(b) It’s getting dark
(c) Come in for supper
(d) Don’t stay out in the night air
3. What does Granny say that Cornelia is always being?
(a) Abrupt and rude
(b) Tactful and kind
(c) Thoughtful and generous
(d) Angry and frustrated
4. How does Granny describe the way her bones feel at the beginning of the story?
5. In her mind, what does Granny tell herself not to get the upper hand of her?
(a) Wounded vanity
(d) Distant grief
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Granny want to send something to Sister Borgia?
2. After thinking about Cornelia’s lampshades, what does Granny see around Dr. Harry?
3. What is the first thing Granny thinks she hears after the doctor leaves?
4. What types of glasses are on the pantry shelves?
5. What does Granny imagine stepping up into?
This section contains 201 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)