|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Jilting of Granny Weatherall.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When is it when Dr. Harry comes back to see Granny?
(a) Lunch time
(c) Supper time
2. After thinking about her father, what most annoys Granny about Cornelia?
(a) That Cornelia thinks she is deaf, blind, and dumb
(b) That Cornelia has no patience
(c) That Cornelia always whispers
(d) That Cornelia is slow to respond to her requests
3. When Dr. Harry returns, how long does Granny believe that he has been gone?
(a) 5 minutes
(b) An hour
(c) 2 hours
(d) About 45 minutes
4. When will the others come to see Granny?
(c) After supper
(d) At dusk
5. What is Father Connolly murmuring toward the end of the story?
(a) Last rites
(b) Psalm 23
(c) A Mass
(d) In Latin
Short Answer Questions
1. As Granny remembers being jilted, what does she tell herself to do about being jilted?
2. After the birth of a child, how long did it usually take Granny to be well again?
3. Why doesn’t the doctor find Granny’s behavior odd?
4. How old was Granny when she went around and made farewell visits to her children and grandchildren?
5. When Granny’s eyes close after the doctor’s visit, what does she compare shutting her eyes to?
This section contains 231 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)