|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Jilting of Granny Weatherall.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. If John came back, who would he look for?
(a) A young woman with dark hair
(b) A young woman with small children
(c) A young woman with fair complexion and unwrinkled skin
(d) A young woman with a Spanish comb in her hair and a painted fan
2. How does Granny describe the way her bones feel at the beginning of the story?
3. What does the person that Granny really wants to see say to her?
(a) Come with me
(b) Let’s leave
(c) I thought you’d never come
(d) Where have you been?
4. What do Granny and the person she really wants to see lean forward to do?
(c) Shake hands
(d) Exchange rings
5. Why does Lydia come to talk with her mother?
(a) Bring the grandchildren for a visit
(b) Compare recipes
(c) Share memories
(d) Get advice about her children
Short Answer Questions
1. As Granny thinks and tries to nap, how does she describe the day?
2. What does Granny call paying for a doctor’s visit?
3. What was the first sickness that Granny pulled through without Dr. Harry?
4. As Granny tries to take a little nap, where does her pillow press?
5. After Cornelia leaves, how long does Granny hope her children will leave her alone?
This section contains 238 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)