|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who ordered the city and the sanctuary to be razed?
2. Who was above John's position over the Holy Gates?
3. What happened to the first Roman soldier to climb the wall of Jerusalem?
4. What did Eleazar convince his people to do as the Romans were breaching the walls?
5. Where were the Palace, Temple, and Sanctuary built?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Titus order to be built?
2. Who held the Upper City and the Great Wall?
3. What did the Fall of the City begin with, according to Section 6?
4. What did Romans do to those who tried to escape Jerusalem?
5. What did the bandit leader John trick Titus into keeping?
6. What did Vespasian have built?
7. What did the Sicarii and the Zealots practice?
8. What prophecy did Josephus recall regarding the Temple?
9. Why did Antiochus leave his kingdom to his family?
10. What freed the path for Vespasian to become Roman Emperor?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the role of succession in the early Roman government.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the severity of the famine experienced in Jerusalem and examine what measures people used to survive.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss Flavius Josephus as a historian and his role in presenting the information about the history of the Jews and Romans in The Jewish War.
This section contains 485 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)