|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who did Titus order his men to kill?
2. Who recalled a prophecy that claimed that when the Temple became square, the Sanctuary would fall?
3. Who led a sortie against Vespasian from the town of Tarichaeae?
4. What did Simon and John realize would happen if the Romans entered the Sanctuary?
5. What did the Romans use to destroy the large sturdy stone construction, in Section 9?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was the layout of the City described in the maps on pages 488 and 491?
2. What happened before the warring parties could use the war engines on each other?
3. Whose release did the Jewish people beg for?
4. What happened to overweight residents?
5. What did the Sicarii and the Zealots practice?
6. Who was Lucilius Bassus, according to Section 10?
7. What was Macherus considered?
8. What was John committed to, according to Section 7?
9. What prophecy did Josephus recall regarding the Temple?
10. Who was Jeshua and what did he lead?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the significance of the statement that God's gift of life was preferable to refusing God through suicide.
Essay Topic 2
Analyze the importance of sacrifices, and why Eleazar's decision made war between the Jews and Romans inevitable.
Essay Topic 3
Examine the Jewish religion and analyze the importance of Jewish law and idolatry.
This section contains 482 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)