|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Titus order built to bombard Jerusalem's defenders?
2. What did Titus tell the War Council?
3. What did Simon and John realize would happen if the Romans entered the Sanctuary?
4. What did the people of Jerusalem want to do?
5. How many fighters did Eleazar command?
Short Essay Questions
1. Whose release did the Jewish people beg for?
2. What did the bandit leader John trick Titus into keeping?
3. What did the Fall of the City begin with, according to Section 6?
4. Why did Antiochus leave his kingdom to his family?
5. Who was Lucilius Bassus, according to Section 10?
6. What did Titus order to be built?
7. When Josephus's appeal was ignored what was the final resolution, according to Section 9?
8. What was the layout of the City described in the maps on pages 488 and 491?
9. What developed over the high priesthood?
10. How did Caesar offer rewards?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Examine the significance of Herod's leadership and discuss his rise to power and decisions made during his rule.
Essay Topic 2
Analyze the importance of sacrifices, and why Eleazar's decision made war between the Jews and Romans inevitable.
Essay Topic 3
Analyze the methods used by the Romans, Jews, and other groups in defending or destroying cities.
This section contains 510 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)