|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where were the Palace, Temple, and Sanctuary built?
2. When did Jerusalem fall to the Romans?
3. What did Caesar forbid his troops from doing when entering Jerusalem?
4. What did Titus call for his men and the Jews to do?
5. How many Jews were killed in response to the death of 12 Roman soldiers?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who was Lucilius Bassus, according to Section 10?
2. How did John's preparations for assault fail?
3. What did Titus tell his war council, in Section 9?
4. What developed over the high priesthood?
5. Why were the Jews in despair?
6. What did the Fall of the City begin with, according to Section 6?
7. What was John committed to, according to Section 7?
8. What freed the path for Vespasian to become Roman Emperor?
9. What happened before the warring parties could use the war engines on each other?
10. What caused sadness and then anger in Jerusalem, according to Section 6?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the severity of the famine experienced in Jerusalem and examine what measures people used to survive.
Essay Topic 2
Examine the Jewish religion and analyze the importance of Jewish law and idolatry.
Essay Topic 3
Analyze the importance of sacrifices, and why Eleazar's decision made war between the Jews and Romans inevitable.
This section contains 532 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)