|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who took turns plundering the wealthy citizens of Jerusalem?
2. What does Flavius say happened in Jerusalem during the siege?
3. What did the Roman new legate do before starting the siege of Macherus?
4. What young Jewish soldier was captured and crucified by the Romans, in Section 9?
5. How many troops did the Idumaeans march into Jerusalem?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Vespasian have built?
2. What did Caesar orde,r in Section 9?
3. What was John committed to, according to Section 7?
4. Why did Caesar disclaim responsibility, according to Section 8?
5. What developed over the high priesthood?
6. What happened before the warring parties could use the war engines on each other?
7. What was the layout of the City described in the maps on pages 488 and 491?
8. What freed the path for Vespasian to become Roman Emperor?
9. Who was Lucilius Bassus, according to Section 10?
10. Whose release did the Jewish people beg for?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Examine Vespasian's tactics in his advance and analyze his strategies described in The Jewish War.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the significance of the statement that God's gift of life was preferable to refusing God through suicide.
Essay Topic 3
Take one side, either that of the Jewish people or the Romans, and argue for Caesar's decision to disclaim responsibility in regards to the Jews or for the Jews decision to refuse Roman mercy.
This section contains 531 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)