|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who tried to appeal to Jerusalem's defenders to have them surrender?
2. Where did the Romans promise not to fight?
3. What does Flavius say the rival factions in Jerusalem destroyed?
4. Where did the people of Jerusalem think Josephus died?
5. How many prisoners did the Romans take in Jerusalem?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did John's preparations for assault fail?
2. What did the Sicarii and the Zealots practice?
3. What caused sadness and then anger in Jerusalem, according to Section 6?
4. What did the Fall of the City begin with, according to Section 6?
5. What did Caesar orde,r in Section 9?
6. What happened before the warring parties could use the war engines on each other?
7. What was John committed to, according to Section 7?
8. Why did people swallow gold coins, according to Section 8?
9. When Josephus's appeal was ignored what was the final resolution, according to Section 9?
10. What did Vespasian have built?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Analyze the historical significance of the Roman Empire's establishment and how it changed the face of civilization of Rome and surrounding countries.
Essay Topic 2
Compare Vespasian and Josephus and examine the relationship between the two men.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the severity of the famine experienced in Jerusalem and examine what measures people used to survive.
This section contains 458 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)