|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Flavius Josephus do to terrify the crowd?
2. What did Caesar convince Roman officials to dos in Section 3?
3. Which Roman commander defeated the Jewish army, despite being outnumbered?
4. What was Flavius Josephus rewarded with for helping Rome?
5. When did Flavius Josephus live?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did the Romans do when Antigonus begged for mercy?
2. Where did Josephus seek refuge and why?
3. What did Antigonus do to Hyrcanus?
4. What did King Agrippa say about God, according to Section 4?
5. What was Josephus rewarded with?
6. What changes did Herod make to his will?
7. Who was considered traitorous by the Jews?
8. Who was Hyrcanus, and why was he killed?
9. Who was Gaius, and why was he assassinated, according to Section 1?
10. Who was Sabinus, and what did he put down?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Define prophecy and examine its importance during Josephus' life.
Essay Topic 2
Analyze the historical significance of the Roman Empire's establishment and how it changed the face of civilization of Rome and surrounding countries.
Essay Topic 3
Analyze the role of the zealots in The Jewish War and how they contributed to the fall of the city.
This section contains 489 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)