|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who persuaded the Temple ministers to accept no gifts from foreigners?
2. What was Flavius Josephus trained to be?
3. What city was assigned to Flavius Josephus?
4. Who did Caesar send to replace Archelaus?
5. Where was Ascalon located?
Short Essay Questions
1. What city did Vespasian plan to invade and what did he use during the invasion?
2. Who was considered traitorous by the Jews?
3. Who was Sabinus, and what did he put down?
4. What happened when Josephus discovered Vespasian's plan to send him to Nero?
5. What did the Romans do when Antigonus begged for mercy?
6. Who faced rebellion after Herod's death, according to Section 3?
7. What did Pilate send to Jerusalem?
8. What was Josephus rewarded with?
9. Who captured Josephus, and what did he prophesy?
10. What did the soldiers who surrounded the Jews demand, in Section 3?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Examine the Jewish religion and analyze the importance of Jewish law and idolatry.
Essay Topic 2
Examine why temples were built to commemorate victory and to confirm the Roman Empire's firm establishment.
Essay Topic 3
Compare the groups of Pharisees, Saducees, and Essenes and how the factions emerged under the Hasmoneans.
This section contains 453 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)