|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did John gather a group of bandits from?
2. How long was Emperor Augustus in power?
3. What did Archelaus fear with the arrival of Passover?
4. How many people did Archelaus's soldiers kill at Passover?
5. What city was assigned to Flavius Josephus?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did Josephus enter Jotapata?
2. What did Antigonus do to Hyrcanus?
3. What did Pilate send to Jerusalem?
4. What changes did Herod make to his will?
5. What did King Agrippa say about God, according to Section 4?
6. What city did Vespasian plan to invade and what did he use during the invasion?
7. Where did Josephus study?
8. Who captured Josephus, and what did he prophesy?
9. What did the Romans do when Antigonus begged for mercy?
10. Who faced rebellion after Herod's death, according to Section 3?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Examine Vespasian's tactics in his advance and analyze his strategies described in The Jewish War.
Essay Topic 2
Examine the Jewish religion and analyze the importance of Jewish law and idolatry.
Essay Topic 3
Take one side, either that of the Jewish people or the Romans, and argue for Caesar's decision to disclaim responsibility in regards to the Jews or for the Jews decision to refuse Roman mercy.
This section contains 441 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)