|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Flavius Josephus' father's name?
2. What was obligatory after Herod's name and Archelaus's rise to power, according to Section 3?
3. Who was the King of Arabia who offered Hyrcanus protection?
4. What group did Menahem lead?
5. When was Caesaria founded?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who was Hyrcanus, and why was he killed?
2. What did Josephus tell the people of Jotapata?
3. Where did Josephus study?
4. What city did Vespasian plan to invade and what did he use during the invasion?
5. Who did Nero name as procurator of Judea, at the start of Section 4?
6. What changes did Herod make to his will?
7. What did King Agrippa say about God, according to Section 4?
8. What did King Agrippa send to the Temple?
9. Who was considered traitorous by the Jews?
10. Who faced rebellion after Herod's death, according to Section 3?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Examine the significance of Herod's leadership and discuss his rise to power and decisions made during his rule.
Essay Topic 2
Take one side, either that of the Jewish people or the Romans, and argue for Caesar's decision to disclaim responsibility in regards to the Jews or for the Jews decision to refuse Roman mercy.
Essay Topic 3
Define the high priesthood and examine why conflicts developed over the high priesthood and how it affected Roman garrisons.
This section contains 470 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)