|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Flavius Josephus retreat when the Romans invaded Galilee?
2. What did Archelaus use to minimize hostilities?
3. Who was the Syrian procurator at the death of Herod?
4. What city did Flavius Josephus enter and encourage its inhabitants against Vespasian?
5. Who did Caesar send to replace Archelaus?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who captured Josephus, and what did he prophesy?
2. What did the soldiers who surrounded the Jews demand, in Section 3?
3. What did King Agrippa do when Vespasian arrived?
4. What did King Agrippa send to the Temple?
5. Who was Eleazar?
6. Where did Josephus seek refuge and why?
7. Who was Hyrcanus, and why was he killed?
8. Who was Gaius, and why was he assassinated, according to Section 1?
9. What did Josephus, Governor of Galilee, do after he agreed to meet the most angry people, according to Section 5?
10. What did King Agrippa say about God, according to Section 4?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Examine the Jewish religion and analyze the importance of Jewish law and idolatry.
Essay Topic 2
Examine Vespasian's tactics in his advance and analyze his strategies described in The Jewish War.
Essay Topic 3
Define prophecy and examine its importance during Josephus' life.
This section contains 450 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)