|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who told Cestius of Florus's misdeeds when Florus sent a false report of a Jewish uprising?
2. Who claimed to be the real heir of Herod?
3. How long did Caligula stay in power?
4. What was John's only limitation according to Josephus?
5. What did Flavius Josephus do each day with his toughest warriors?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Caesar divide the kingdom?
2. What did Antigonus do to Hyrcanus?
3. What changes did Herod make to his will?
4. Where did Josephus study?
5. Who did Nero name as procurator of Judea, at the start of Section 4?
6. Who was Gaius, and why was he assassinated, according to Section 1?
7. Who was Menahem, according to Section 4?
8. Who was Gaius ,and what did he order to be erected?
9. Who was Aristobulus, and who did he imprison, according to Section 2?
10. Who was Albinus, and how did he cripple the nation?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Examine the Jewish religion and analyze the importance of Jewish law and idolatry.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the severity of the famine experienced in Jerusalem and examine what measures people used to survive.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the role of succession in the early Roman government.
This section contains 464 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)