|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Titus claim on top of Antonia?
(a) Kill them all. God will recognize his own.
(b) Leave no one alive.
(c) The city is at our mercy.
(d) Vini, vidi, vici.
2. Who recalled a prophecy that claimed that when the Temple became square, the Sanctuary would fall?
3. What was the biggest city of Antiochus's kingdom?
4. What did Caesar forbid his troops from doing when entering Jerusalem?
(a) Killing prisoners or burning houses.
(b) Destroying fortifications.
(c) Sleeping inside the city.
5. Why were the siege weapons built by Titus difficult to capture?
(a) They were covered with copper.
(b) The Jews didn't know how to operate them.
(c) They were too far from the gate.
(d) They were covered in Iron.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happened to a child ,according to Flavius Josephus?
2. What region did Vespasian continue to conquer, in Section 6?
3. Who were Antiochus and his son Epiphanes allying themselves with to revolt against Rome?
4. Who occupied Masada at the time Flavius Silva took over as Roman legate?
5. What kingdom did Antiochus rule?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who marched against Masada, and who occupied the city?
2. What was John committed to, according to Section 7?
3. What did Titus tell his war council, in Section 9?
4. What was the layout of the City described in the maps on pages 488 and 491?
5. What did the Fall of the City begin with, according to Section 6?
6. What freed the path for Vespasian to become Roman Emperor?
7. What happened to overweight residents?
8. What developed over the high priesthood?
9. Why was John in a strategically awkward position?
10. What did the bandit leader John trick Titus into keeping?
This section contains 568 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)