|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of Jerusalem's residents saw their houses ransacked for food?
(d) Overweight residents.
2. How many nobles did the zealots in Jerusalem kill?
3. What did the Roman new legate do before starting the siege of Macherus?
(a) He damned a spring.
(b) He filled a ravine.
(c) He set a temple on fire.
(d) He cut down a forest.
4. What happened to a child ,according to Flavius Josephus?
(a) He was eaten by his mother.
(b) He was poisoned by his mother.
(c) He was killed by John.
(d) He was saved by a Roman soldier.
5. What did the Romans display to the Jews in Jerusalem?
Short Answer Questions
1. How many of Caesar's soldiers entered Jerusalem?
2. How long after Nero's death did Otho came to power in Rome?
3. Who hid underground, in Section 9?
4. Who recalled a prophecy that claimed that when the Temple became square, the Sanctuary would fall?
5. Who was above John's position over the Holy Gates?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did John's preparations for assault fail?
2. What did Titus tell his war council, in Section 9?
3. What happened before the warring parties could use the war engines on each other?
4. How did Caesar offer rewards?
5. Why were the Jews in despair?
6. What happened to overweight residents?
7. What freed the path for Vespasian to become Roman Emperor?
8. What was the layout of the City described in the maps on pages 488 and 491?
9. What did the Fall of the City begin with, according to Section 6?
10. What caused sadness and then anger in Jerusalem, according to Section 6?
This section contains 531 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)