|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Flavius say John had enough of, after his taking over the Holy Gates?
2. Who was above John's position over the Holy Gates?
(a) Enemy zealots.
3. Who did Titus order his men to kill?
(a) Only those that would not be good slaves.
(b) Only those who resisted.
(d) Only the men.
4. What did Titus claim on top of Antonia?
(a) Kill them all. God will recognize his own.
(b) Vini, vidi, vici.
(c) Leave no one alive.
(d) The city is at our mercy.
5. Who took turns plundering the wealthy citizens of Jerusalem?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was sent to be the new legate after Jerusalem's fall?
2. Who occupied Masada at the time Flavius Silva took over as Roman legate?
3. What did Simon and John realize would happen if the Romans entered the Sanctuary?
4. What happened to a child ,according to Flavius Josephus?
5. What was the biggest city of Antiochus's kingdom?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happened before the warring parties could use the war engines on each other?
2. What caused sadness and then anger in Jerusalem, according to Section 6?
3. What developed over the high priesthood?
4. What happened to overweight residents?
5. What did Vespasian have built?
6. Why were the Jews in despair?
7. What did Caesar orde,r in Section 9?
8. Why was John in a strategically awkward position?
9. What did the bandit leader John trick Titus into keeping?
10. What did the Sicarii and the Zealots practice?
This section contains 518 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)