|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long was Jerusalem's wall?
(a) 4.5 miles.
(b) 1.5 miles.
(c) 3.5 miles.
(d) 2.5 miles.
2. Who took turns plundering the wealthy citizens of Jerusalem?
3. Who was above John's position over the Holy Gates?
(b) Enemy zealots.
4. How did Vespasian reward Agrippa's generosity?
(a) With Roman military equipment.
(b) By quelling a rebellion in Tiberias.
(c) With Roman citizenship.
(d) With 200,000 gold coins.
5. What did Titus order built to bombard Jerusalem's defenders?
(c) Towers on platforms.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kingdom did Antiochus rule?
2. How many Jews were killed in response to the death of 12 Roman soldiers?
3. What did Caesar forbid his troops from doing when entering Jerusalem?
4. Who was knifed to death by the Roman crowd?
5. Who ordered the city and the sanctuary to be razed?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did John's preparations for assault fail?
2. Why did Caesar disclaim responsibility, according to Section 8?
3. What was Macherus considered?
4. Who was Lucilius Bassus, according to Section 10?
5. What did Titus order to be built?
6. What happened to overweight residents?
7. What did Vespasian have built?
8. Why were the Jews in despair?
9. Who marched against Masada, and who occupied the city?
10. When Josephus's appeal was ignored what was the final resolution, according to Section 9?
This section contains 430 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)