|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What made Hyrcanus ineligible to be a high priest?
(a) He was married.
(b) He did not attend the right school.
(c) He was not circumcised.
(d) He ears were mutilated.
2. Whose son was Aleazar, in Section 5?
3. Who did Antipater marry?
(a) A Gaul woman.
(b) An Arabian woman.
(c) A Roman woman.
(d) A Syrian woman.
4. What did Archelaus fear with the arrival of Passover?
(a) That the water would be contaminated.
(b) That the Temple would not have enough money.
(c) That his soldiers would be overwhelmed.
(d) That the food supply would run out.
5. What did Albinus allow in Judea?
(a) The Temple to collect taxes.
(b) The Jews to recruit an army.
(c) The Jews to give to the Temple.
(d) Robbery, looting, and excessive taxes.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Hyrcanus abdicate his throne?
2. What was Flavius Josephus trained to be?
3. What was Flavius Josephus rewarded with for helping Rome?
4. What did banning sacrifices for Caesar and Rome mean for Jerusalem?
5. Who killed Phallion?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who was Hyrcanus, and why was he killed?
2. What did the soldiers who surrounded the Jews demand, in Section 3?
3. Who captured Josephus, and what did he prophesy?
4. Who was Eleazar?
5. What did King Agrippa do when Vespasian arrived?
6. What did King Agrippa send to the Temple?
7. Where did Josephus seek refuge and why?
8. Who was Albinus, and how did he cripple the nation?
9. What did Antigonus do to Hyrcanus?
10. Who was Sabinus, and what did he put down?
This section contains 533 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)