|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When was the last work of Flavius Josephus recorded?
(a) 97 A.D.
(b) 99 A.D.
(c) 95 A.D.
(d) 93 A.D.
2. Where did Antipas found Tiberias?
(a) Near the Sea of Galilee.
(b) Near Jerusalem.
(c) Near Rome.
(d) Near Vienne.
3. Who took power after Alexander's widow fell ill?
4. How many people did Florus ordered to be killed when the population objected to Florus's rule?
5. What was obligatory after Herod's name and Archelaus's rise to power, according to Section 3?
(a) A mourning period.
(b) A retreat in the Temple.
(c) Tithing the Temple.
(d) A feast.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where was Vespasian hit by an arrow?
2. Whose army did Varus reinforce to fight the revolt in Judea.
3. What did Flavius Josephus decide to do?
4. Why did Hyrcanus abdicate his throne?
5. When did the rebellion against Archelaus start?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did the soldiers who surrounded the Jews demand, in Section 3?
2. Who was Hyrcanus, and why was he killed?
3. Where did Josephus seek refuge and why?
4. Who was Menahem, according to Section 4?
5. How did Alexander come to power, and what did he first do when he came to power?
6. What did King Agrippa send to the Temple?
7. Where did Josephus study?
8. Who captured Josephus, and what did he prophesy?
9. What happened when Josephus discovered Vespasian's plan to send him to Nero?
10. What did Josephus, Governor of Galilee, do after he agreed to meet the most angry people, according to Section 5?
This section contains 561 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)