|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whose army did Varus reinforce to fight the revolt in Judea.
2. What did the chiefs priests, leading citizens, and prominent Pharisees gather for?
(a) To discuss outlawing foreigners.
(b) To share a feast.
(c) To discuss the taxes being placed on the people.
(d) To discuss the rule that prevents ministers from accepting gifts from foreigners.
3. What country did King Agrippa rule?
4. What group did Menahem lead?
(d) The Sicarii.
5. Who appointed Festus as procurator of Judea, according to Section 4?
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Vespasian's title in Judea?
2. How long did Vespasian take to breach the wall of Flavius Josephus's city?
3. Where was Vespasian hit by an arrow?
4. How did Phasael kill himself?
5. Who claimed to be the real heir of Herod?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who was Hyrcanus, and why was he killed?
2. What happened when Josephus discovered Vespasian's plan to send him to Nero?
3. Who was Albinus, and how did he cripple the nation?
4. Where did Josephus seek refuge and why?
5. What did the soldiers who surrounded the Jews demand, in Section 3?
6. Who faced rebellion after Herod's death, according to Section 3?
7. What did Josephus, Governor of Galilee, do after he agreed to meet the most angry people, according to Section 5?
8. Who was Gaius, and why was he assassinated, according to Section 1?
9. What did Josephus tell the people of Jotapata?
10. Who was Menahem, according to Section 4?
This section contains 513 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)