|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Flavius Josephus hide in a temple during a Jewish insurrection, after coming back from Rome?
(a) To avoid having to share his food.
(b) To avoid capture by the Romans.
(c) To avoid being looted.
(d) To avoid execution for collusion with the Romans.
2. Who killed Phallion?
3. How long did John Hyrcanus stay in power, according to Section 2?
(a) 31 years.
(b) 30 years.
(c) 33 years.
(d) 32 years.
4. Which Roman commander defeated the Jewish army, despite being outnumbered?
(c) Caesar Antonius.
(d) Marcus Antonius.
5. Who appointed Festus as procurator of Judea, according to Section 4?
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Flavius Josephus tell the people of the town to explain his fleeing?
2. What did Caesar name Archelaus?
3. What did Flavius Josephus do to terrify the crowd?
4. Who was the Syrian procurator at the death of Herod?
5. How did Phasael kill himself?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Alexander come to power, and what did he first do when he came to power?
2. Who did Nero name as procurator of Judea, at the start of Section 4?
3. How did Caesar divide the kingdom?
4. Who was Aristobulus, and who did he imprison, according to Section 2?
5. Who was Gaius, and why was he assassinated, according to Section 1?
6. What city did Vespasian plan to invade and what did he use during the invasion?
7. What happened when Josephus discovered Vespasian's plan to send him to Nero?
8. What did Josephus tell the people of Jotapata?
9. What did Josephus, Governor of Galilee, do after he agreed to meet the most angry people, according to Section 5?
10. Who was Hyrcanus, and why was he killed?
This section contains 606 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)