|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Gamala thought to be?
(a) Too far from Roman supply centers.
(b) Too small for Romans to be concerned with.
(d) Too large for Romans to encircle.
2. Who hid underground, in Section 9?
3. When did word that Antiochus and his son Epiphanes were revolting against Rome reach Vespasian?
(a) During his 6th year of Reign.
(b) During his 5th year of Reign.
(c) During his 4th year of Reign.
(d) During his7th year of Reign.
4. What kingdom did Antiochus rule?
5. Who were the leaders of Gamala?
(a) Chares and Matthias.
(b) Matthias and Simon.
(c) Alexander and Joseph.
(d) Joseph and Chares.
6. What province did the Romans fail to control, despite the taking of Jerusalem, in Section 10?
7. How did Vespasian reward Agrippa's generosity?
(a) By quelling a rebellion in Tiberias.
(b) With Roman military equipment.
(c) With 200,000 gold coins.
(d) With Roman citizenship.
8. Who was knifed to death by the Roman crowd?
9. Who told the Roman soldiers to put out the fire in the sanctuary?
(d) Flavius Josephus.
10. What did the Roman soldiers do to the people fleeing Jerusalem?
(a) Took them as slaves.
(b) Crucified them.
(c) Redirected them to a refugee camp.
(d) Let them leave freely.
11. What happened to the first Roman soldier to climb the wall of Jerusalem?
(a) He was hailed as a hero by the Jews.
(b) He was rewarded by Caesar.
(c) He took Simon prisoner.
(d) He fell down and was killed.
12. Who recalled a prophecy that claimed that when the Temple became square, the Sanctuary would fall?
13. What made Caesar disclaim responsibility for the Jews, in Section 8?
(a) The Jews' refusal to pay for the Roman army's upkeep.
(b) The Jews' attempt to kill Caesar.
(c) The Jews' unwillingness to accept Roman mercy.
(d) The Jews' killing a Roman envoy.
14. Who tried to appeal to Jerusalem's defenders to have them surrender?
15. Where did the people of Jerusalem think Josephus died?
Short Answer Questions
1. What made Jerusalem's wall collapse?
2. What did the Romans display to the Jews in Jerusalem?
3. How many people did Vespasian kill on his way to Jericho?
4. What did Titus order flattened, to have the entire army enter Jerusalem?
5. From which direction did the new Roman legate approach Macherus?
This section contains 400 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)