|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happened to the first Roman soldier to climb the wall of Jerusalem?
(a) He was rewarded by Caesar.
(b) He took Simon prisoner.
(c) He was hailed as a hero by the Jews.
(d) He fell down and was killed.
2. How many fighters did Eleazar command?
3. What did Eleazar convince his people to do as the Romans were breaching the walls?
(b) Charge the Romans.
(d) Kill their families and then themselves.
4. What did the Romans display to the Jews in Jerusalem?
5. What did the people of Jerusalem want to do?
(a) Fight to the death.
(b) Kill themselves.
(d) Flee to the countryside.
6. Who was knifed to death by the Roman crowd?
7. What happened to a child ,according to Flavius Josephus?
(a) He was poisoned by his mother.
(b) He was saved by a Roman soldier.
(c) He was killed by John.
(d) He was eaten by his mother.
8. What did Titus tell the War Council?
(a) He did not want to destroy works of art.
(b) He didn't care about Rome's reputation.
(c) He needed to enter the city quickly.
(d) He wanted to burn the city to the ground.
9. How many nobles did the zealots in Jerusalem kill?
10. Who had previously burned the sanctuary down?
(a) The Syrians.
(b) The Babylonians.
(c) The Sumerians.
(d) The Spartans.
11. Who was the father of the Idumaean general Simon?
12. How long after Nero's death did Otho came to power in Rome?
(a) 10 months.
(b) 7 months.
(c) 8 months.
(d) 9 months.
13. What made Caesar disclaim responsibility for the Jews, in Section 8?
(a) The Jews' killing a Roman envoy.
(b) The Jews' refusal to pay for the Roman army's upkeep.
(c) The Jews' unwillingness to accept Roman mercy.
(d) The Jews' attempt to kill Caesar.
14. When did Jerusalem fall to the Romans?
(a) In the third year of Vespasian's reign.
(b) In the first year of Vespasian's reign.
(c) In the fourth year of Vespasian's reign.
(d) In the second year of Vespasian's reign.
15. What region did Vespasian continue to conquer, in Section 6?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did the Romans promise not to fight?
2. Who tried to appeal to Jerusalem's defenders to have them surrender?
3. Where was Josephus, according to Section 6?
4. What did Titus call for his men and the Jews to do?
5. Who was above John's position over the Holy Gates?
This section contains 414 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)