|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Flavius say the rival factions in Jerusalem destroyed?
(a) The city's provisions.
(b) The city water supply.
(c) All hope of surrendering.
(d) The city's defenses.
2. How many nobles did the zealots in Jerusalem kill?
3. Who was the King of Parthia?
(a) Clausius Animes.
4. Where were the Palace, Temple, and Sanctuary built?
(a) On the plateau.
(b) Near the fountain.
(c) Near the south wall.
(d) On a strong hill.
5. What did the people of Jerusalem think of Josephus, after learning he was in Rome?
(a) That he was hiding.
(b) That he had been captured.
(c) That he had defected.
(d) That he had surrendered.
6. What happened to the first Roman soldier to climb the wall of Jerusalem?
(a) He was hailed as a hero by the Jews.
(b) He was rewarded by Caesar.
(c) He fell down and was killed.
(d) He took Simon prisoner.
7. When did word that Antiochus and his son Epiphanes were revolting against Rome reach Vespasian?
(a) During his 5th year of Reign.
(b) During his 4th year of Reign.
(c) During his 6th year of Reign.
(d) During his7th year of Reign.
8. How did Vespasian reward Agrippa's generosity?
(a) By quelling a rebellion in Tiberias.
(b) With 200,000 gold coins.
(c) With Roman military equipment.
(d) With Roman citizenship.
9. What did Titus tell the War Council?
(a) He needed to enter the city quickly.
(b) He did not want to destroy works of art.
(c) He didn't care about Rome's reputation.
(d) He wanted to burn the city to the ground.
10. How many walls protected the city of Jerusalem?
11. Where did the Romans promise not to fight?
(a) The lower part of Jerusalem.
(b) The Temple.
(d) The Holy Gate.
12. How many fighters did Eleazar command?
13. Who was the governor of Syria, described in Section 9?
14. What region did Vespasian continue to conquer, in Section 6?
15. Who hid underground, in Section 9?
Short Answer Questions
1. How many died during the Roman capture of Jerusalem?
2. Who was sent to be the new legate after Jerusalem's fall?
3. What was the biggest city of Antiochus's kingdom?
4. What did Caesar forbid his troops from doing when entering Jerusalem?
5. Who besieged Jerusalem, at the start of Section 7?
This section contains 381 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)