|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many walls protected the city of Jerusalem?
2. Who recalled a prophecy that claimed that when the Temple became square, the Sanctuary would fall?
3. What did Vespasian build in honor of the victory over Jerusalem?
(a) A temple of peace.
(b) An arc of Thryomph.
(c) A Temple dedicated to Jupiter.
(d) A church.
4. Why did Titus set the gate on fire?
(a) He wanted to see if it would burn.
(b) Vespasian was coming to visit and he wanted to end the siege.
(c) His men were dying and wounded.
(d) His wanted to finish the siege to go back home.
5. Who told the Roman soldiers to put out the fire in the sanctuary?
(a) Flavius Josephus.
6. Who had previously burned the sanctuary down?
(a) The Sumerians.
(b) The Babylonians.
(c) The Spartans.
(d) The Syrians.
7. Who ordered the city and the sanctuary to be razed?
(b) Flavius Josephus.
8. Who besieged Jerusalem, at the start of Section 7?
9. What made Caesar disclaim responsibility for the Jews, in Section 8?
(a) The Jews' attempt to kill Caesar.
(b) The Jews' refusal to pay for the Roman army's upkeep.
(c) The Jews' unwillingness to accept Roman mercy.
(d) The Jews' killing a Roman envoy.
10. What happened to Flavius Josephus when he appealed to the people of Jerusalem?
(a) He fell off his horse.
(b) An arrow was shot at him.
(c) He was hit with a stone.
(d) Boiling water was thrown at him.
11. What did Titus order built to bombard Jerusalem's defenders?
(c) Towers on platforms.
12. How many fighters did John command?
13. How many prisoners did the Romans take in Jerusalem?
14. Who did Titus order his men to kill?
(a) Only the men.
(b) Only those who resisted.
(d) Only those that would not be good slaves.
15. How long was Jerusalem's wall?
(a) 4.5 miles.
(b) 1.5 miles.
(c) 3.5 miles.
(d) 2.5 miles.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who occupied Masada at the time Flavius Silva took over as Roman legate?
2. What did the defenders of Gamala do after the city fell to the Romans?
3. What did John try to do during the siege of Jerusalem?
4. What view made Macherus a strategical fortress?
5. How many fighters did Eleazar command?
This section contains 391 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)