|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who claimed to be the real heir of Herod?
2. How many parts of Galilee were assigned to Flavius Josephus?
3. Who appointed Festus as procurator of Judea, according to Section 4?
4. Where was Vespasian hit by an arrow?
(a) The foot.
(b) The torso.
(c) The leg.
(d) The hand.
5. When was Caesaria founded?
(a) 6 A.D.
(b) 12 A.D.
(c) 8 A.D.
(d) 25 A.D.
6. What did Flavius Josephus do to terrify the crowd?
(a) He freed his lions into the crowd.
(b) He flogged the angriest of them.
(c) He decapitated a man.
(d) He had his archers kill 25 in the crowd.
7. Why did Flavius Josephus hide in a temple during a Jewish insurrection, after coming back from Rome?
(a) To avoid having to share his food.
(b) To avoid execution for collusion with the Romans.
(c) To avoid being looted.
(d) To avoid capture by the Romans.
8. Who offered to cooperate with Vespasian against his own people?
9. What was Flavius Josephus' father's name?
10. Who was the Syrian procurator at the death of Herod?
11. How did Phasael kill himself?
(a) He drowned himself.
(b) He threw his head on a rock.
(c) He slit his throat.
(d) He hung himself.
12. Who did Herod put in charge of the interrogation of Antipater, in Section 2?
13. Who did Caesar send to replace Archelaus?
14. What city was assigned to Flavius Josephus?
15. Who was the legate of Syria while Gessius Florus was procurator of Judea?
(a) Trabanus Antinus.
(b) Cestius Gallus.
(c) Claudius Cestius.
(d) Markus Nimius.
Short Answer Questions
1. When did the rebellion against Archelaus start?
2. Whose army did Varus reinforce to fight the revolt in Judea.
3. Where did the group led by Menahem retreat to?
4. Whose son was John the bandit?
5. Who ordered Hyrcanus to acquit Herod?
This section contains 340 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)