|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whose army did Varus reinforce to fight the revolt in Judea.
2. Who killed Phallion?
3. What did Caesar name Archelaus?
4. What was John's only limitation according to Josephus?
5. How long was Emperor Augustus in power?
(a) 58 years.
(b) 57 years.
(c) 47 years.
(d) 37 years.
6. Where did John gather a group of bandits from?
7. What was obligatory after Herod's name and Archelaus's rise to power, according to Section 3?
(a) A mourning period.
(b) A feast.
(c) Tithing the Temple.
(d) A retreat in the Temple.
8. Who did Cestius send to investigate Florus's rule?
(b) Captain Eleazar.
9. What did Flavius Josephus do to terrify the crowd?
(a) He decapitated a man.
(b) He freed his lions into the crowd.
(c) He flogged the angriest of them.
(d) He had his archers kill 25 in the crowd.
10. How many people gathered at Passover to complain about Florus?
(a) 3 millions.
(b) 5 millions.
(c) 2 millions.
(d) 4 millions.
11. What did Caesar convince Roman officials to dos in Section 3?
(a) Not slaughter the children.
(b) Not to kill Flavius Josephus
(c) Give to the Temple.
(d) Hear claims.
12. When was the last work of Flavius Josephus recorded?
(a) 99 A.D.
(b) 95 A.D.
(c) 93 A.D.
(d) 97 A.D.
13. How long did Caligula stay in power?
(a) 6 years.
(b) 3 years.
(c) 4 years.
(d) 5 years.
14. Why did Archelaus go to Rome?
(a) To take over Herod's estate.
(b) To apologize to Nero.
(c) To take over the Empire.
(d) To surrender himself.
15. Where did Antipas found Tiberias?
(a) Near the Sea of Galilee.
(b) Near Vienne.
(c) Near Jerusalem.
(d) Near Rome.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Flavius Josephus rewarded with for helping Rome?
2. How many people did Archelaus's soldiers kill at Passover?
3. What did banning sacrifices for Caesar and Rome mean for Jerusalem?
4. Why was Archelaus banished from his kingdom?
5. Who conspired with Brutus to kill Caesar?
This section contains 351 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)