|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was the King of Arabia who offered Hyrcanus protection?
2. Where did John gather a group of bandits from?
3. Where did Flavius Josephus live?
4. Who appointed Festus as procurator of Judea, according to Section 4?
5. Whose son was John the bandit?
6. When was the last work of Flavius Josephus recorded?
(a) 95 A.D.
(b) 97 A.D.
(c) 93 A.D.
(d) 99 A.D.
7. How did Joseph die, in Section 2?
(a) He was poisoned.
(b) He was stabbed.
(c) He was hung.
(d) He was beheaded.
8. When was the "Jewish war" fought according to Section 1?
(a) 167 B.C and 73 A.D.
(b) 1 B.C and 73 A.D.
(c) 17 B.C and 73 A.D.
(d) 67 B.C and 73 A.D.
9. Who persuaded the Temple ministers to accept no gifts from foreigners?
(b) Captain Eleazar.
(d) Flavius Josephus
10. Who was the Syrian procurator at the death of Herod?
11. When did Flavius Josephus return home after spending a few years in Rome?
(a) 67 A.D.
(b) 66 A.D.
(c) 69 A.D.
(d) 68 A.D.
12. What was obligatory after Herod's name and Archelaus's rise to power, according to Section 3?
(a) A feast.
(b) Tithing the Temple.
(c) A retreat in the Temple.
(d) A mourning period.
13. Where did Antipas found Tiberias?
(a) Near Jerusalem.
(b) Near Vienne.
(c) Near the Sea of Galilee.
(d) Near Rome.
14. Why did Archelaus go to Rome?
(a) To apologize to Nero.
(b) To surrender himself.
(c) To take over Herod's estate.
(d) To take over the Empire.
15. What was Flavius Josephus rewarded with for helping Rome?
(a) His life.
(b) A house in Rome, a pension, and Roman citizenship.
(d) 10,000 gold coins.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who did Herod put in charge of the interrogation of Antipater, in Section 2?
2. How long was Emperor Augustus in power?
3. Who claimed to be the real heir of Herod?
4. How long did Caligula stay in power?
5. What group did Menahem lead?
This section contains 327 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)