|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Flavius Josephus rewarded with for helping Rome?
(a) His life.
(b) A house in Rome, a pension, and Roman citizenship.
(c) 10,000 gold coins.
2. What was Vespasian's title in Judea?
(c) Commander-in-chief of the armies of Syria.
3. Which Roman commander defeated the Jewish army, despite being outnumbered?
(b) Caesar Antonius.
(d) Marcus Antonius.
4. Who offered to cooperate with Vespasian against his own people?
5. Where was Ascalon located?
(a) South of Massada.
(b) East of Gaza
(c) North of Gaza.
6. When was Caesaria founded?
(a) 12 A.D.
(b) 6 A.D.
(c) 25 A.D.
(d) 8 A.D.
7. What was Flavius Josephus trained to be?
(a) A merchant.
(b) A Jewish Rabbi.
(c) A priest.
(d) A soldier.
8. Who was the King of Arabia who offered Hyrcanus protection?
9. What was Festus successful at in Judea?
(a) Lowering taxes.
(b) Calming the Jews.
(c) Raising an army.
(d) Eliminating bandits.
10. Who persuaded the Temple ministers to accept no gifts from foreigners?
(a) Flavius Josephus
(d) Captain Eleazar.
11. Who did Antipater appoint governor of Jerusalem?
(d) Flavius Josephus.
12. Who did Antipater marry?
(a) A Gaul woman.
(b) A Syrian woman.
(c) An Arabian woman.
(d) A Roman woman.
13. Who told Cestius of Florus's misdeeds when Florus sent a false report of a Jewish uprising?
14. What did Albinus allow in Judea?
(a) The Jews to give to the Temple.
(b) Robbery, looting, and excessive taxes.
(c) The Jews to recruit an army.
(d) The Temple to collect taxes.
15. What made Hyrcanus ineligible to be a high priest?
(a) He did not attend the right school.
(b) He was married.
(c) He ears were mutilated.
(d) He was not circumcised.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who claimed to be the real heir of Herod?
2. How many parts of Galilee were assigned to Flavius Josephus?
3. Who did Caesar send to replace Archelaus?
4. What did Flavius Josephus do to terrify the crowd?
5. Where did the group led by Menahem retreat to?
This section contains 343 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)