|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was the King of Arabia who offered Hyrcanus protection?
2. When did the rebellion against Archelaus start?
(a) 6 months after his rise to power.
(b) 12 months after his rise to power.
(c) 18 months after his rise to power.
(d) Immediately after his rise to power.
3. When was Caesaria founded?
(a) 25 A.D.
(b) 8 A.D.
(c) 12 A.D.
(d) 6 A.D.
4. What did Flavius Josephus tell the people of the town to explain his fleeing?
(a) That he needed to go see his mother.
(b) That he was not a military leader.
(c) That he needed to get help.
(d) That Vespasian wanted him and not the town.
5. Which of Rome's great enemies attacked Jerusalem, in Section 2?
(a) The Barbarians.
(d) The Gauls.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who did Herod put in charge of the interrogation of Antipater, in Section 2?
2. Who succeeded to John Hyrcanus after his death?
3. When was the "Jewish war" fought according to Section 1?
4. What was Flavius Josephus trained to be?
5. What was Flavius Josephus rewarded with for helping Rome?
This section contains 212 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)