|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whose army did Varus reinforce to fight the revolt in Judea.
2. Who did Caesar send to replace Archelaus?
3. Who appointed Festus as procurator of Judea, according to Section 4?
4. What was Caesaria used as?
(a) The Roman headquarters for the Jewish provinces.
(b) The Roman headquarters for the Arab provinces.
(c) The Roman headquarters for the Syrian provinces.
(d) The Roman headquarters for the Gaul provinces.
5. What made Hyrcanus ineligible to be a high priest?
(a) He was not circumcised.
(b) He ears were mutilated.
(c) He was married.
(d) He did not attend the right school.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who did Cestius send to investigate Florus's rule?
2. How many people did Archelaus's soldiers kill at Passover?
3. Why did Hyrcanus abdicate his throne?
4. How many people gathered at Passover to complain about Florus?
5. Why was Caligula assassinated?
This section contains 190 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)