|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Caesaria used as?
(a) The Roman headquarters for the Gaul provinces.
(b) The Roman headquarters for the Jewish provinces.
(c) The Roman headquarters for the Arab provinces.
(d) The Roman headquarters for the Syrian provinces.
2. Who claimed to be the real heir of Herod?
3. How did Joseph die, in Section 2?
(a) He was beheaded.
(b) He was hung.
(c) He was poisoned.
(d) He was stabbed.
4. Who ordered Hyrcanus to acquit Herod?
(d) Sectus Caesar.
5. What made Hyrcanus ineligible to be a high priest?
(a) He was married.
(b) He was not circumcised.
(c) He ears were mutilated.
(d) He did not attend the right school.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Flavius Josephus live?
2. What did Archelaus fear with the arrival of Passover?
3. What was obligatory after Herod's name and Archelaus's rise to power, according to Section 3?
4. Who conspired with Brutus to kill Caesar?
5. Who did Florus say wanted the 17 talents he stole?
This section contains 198 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)