|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When did the Jewish war break out according to Flavius Josephus?
(a) In Nero's 13th year of reign.
(b) In Nero's 14th year of reign.
(c) In Nero's 15th year of reign.
(d) In Nero's 12th year of reign.
2. Why did Flavius Josephus hide in a temple during a Jewish insurrection, after coming back from Rome?
(a) To avoid having to share his food.
(b) To avoid execution for collusion with the Romans.
(c) To avoid capture by the Romans.
(d) To avoid being looted.
3. Who succeeded to John Hyrcanus after his death?
4. How long did John Hyrcanus stay in power, according to Section 2?
(a) 31 years.
(b) 30 years.
(c) 33 years.
(d) 32 years.
5. What was Flavius Josephus trained to be?
(a) A merchant.
(b) A Jewish Rabbi.
(c) A soldier.
(d) A priest.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Phasael kill himself?
2. Where did Flavius Josephus retreat when the Romans invaded Galilee?
3. What made Hyrcanus ineligible to be a high priest?
4. Who did Herod put in charge of the interrogation of Antipater, in Section 2?
5. When was the last work of Flavius Josephus recorded?
This section contains 217 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)