|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was the King of Arabia who offered Hyrcanus protection?
2. Who did Herod put in charge of the interrogation of Antipater, in Section 2?
3. Why did Hyrcanus abdicate his throne?
(a) His wife and children were hostages.
(b) He didn't want to rule.
(c) He was afraid of being killed.
(d) He was too young to rule.
4. Why did Flavius Josephus hide in a temple during a Jewish insurrection, after coming back from Rome?
(a) To avoid having to share his food.
(b) To avoid being looted.
(c) To avoid capture by the Romans.
(d) To avoid execution for collusion with the Romans.
5. Whom did Flavius Josephus foresee becoming emperor of Rome?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who did Antipater marry?
2. When did Flavius Josephus live?
3. Where did Flavius Josephus retreat when the Romans invaded Galilee?
4. Who succeeded to John Hyrcanus after his death?
5. Who took power after Alexander's widow fell ill?
This section contains 198 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)