|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Simon and John realize would happen if the Romans entered the Sanctuary?
(a) The food supply would be compromized.
(b) The Romans would win.
(c) The Jews would bury the Romans.
(d) The Jew escape route would be lost.
2. Who succeeded to John Hyrcanus after his death?
3. What city did Flavius Josephus enter and encourage its inhabitants against Vespasian?
4. What group did Menahem lead?
(b) The Sicarii.
5. What did Archelaus use to minimize hostilities?
(d) His large army.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which Roman commander defeated the Jewish army, despite being outnumbered?
2. What did Titus order built to bombard Jerusalem's defenders?
3. What made Jerusalem's wall collapse?
4. Who tried to appeal to Jerusalem's defenders to have them surrender?
5. Why did Titus set the gate on fire?
This section contains 191 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)