|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long was Emperor Augustus in power?
(a) 47 years.
(b) 58 years.
(c) 37 years.
(d) 57 years.
2. When did Flavius Josephus return home after spending a few years in Rome?
(a) 68 A.D.
(b) 67 A.D.
(c) 69 A.D.
(d) 66 A.D.
3. When was the "Jewish war" fought according to Section 1?
(a) 1 B.C and 73 A.D.
(b) 167 B.C and 73 A.D.
(c) 17 B.C and 73 A.D.
(d) 67 B.C and 73 A.D.
4. What was Flavius Josephus trained to be?
(a) A soldier.
(b) A priest.
(c) A merchant.
(d) A Jewish Rabbi.
5. Who was Pompey's governor in Syria?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Hyrcanus abdicate his throne?
2. Who was commanding the Roman troops allied with Herod, in Section 2?
3. Who took power after Alexander's widow fell ill?
4. Who did Caesar send to replace Archelaus?
5. What school was Flavius Josephus trained at?
This section contains 172 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)