|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Flavius Josephus rewarded with for helping Rome?
(a) 10,000 gold coins.
(b) His life.
(d) A house in Rome, a pension, and Roman citizenship.
2. Who did Antipater marry?
(a) A Gaul woman.
(b) A Syrian woman.
(c) An Arabian woman.
(d) A Roman woman.
3. Where did Flavius Josephus retreat when the Romans invaded Galilee?
4. What was Flavius Josephus trained to be?
(a) A merchant.
(b) A priest.
(c) A Jewish Rabbi.
(d) A soldier.
5. What was obligatory after Herod's name and Archelaus's rise to power, according to Section 3?
(a) A mourning period.
(b) A retreat in the Temple.
(c) A feast.
(d) Tithing the Temple.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where was Archelaus banished to?
2. Who was the Syrian procurator at the death of Herod?
3. How old was Flavius Josephus when he returned home after his studies?
4. How long was Emperor Augustus in power?
5. How long did Alexander stay in power?
This section contains 163 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)