|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the chiefs priests, leading citizens, and prominent Pharisees gather for?
(a) To discuss the taxes being placed on the people.
(b) To share a feast.
(c) To discuss outlawing foreigners.
(d) To discuss the rule that prevents ministers from accepting gifts from foreigners.
2. What did Archelaus fear with the arrival of Passover?
(a) That the Temple would not have enough money.
(b) That the food supply would run out.
(c) That the water would be contaminated.
(d) That his soldiers would be overwhelmed.
3. What country did King Agrippa rule?
4. Who were the leaders of Gamala?
(a) Matthias and Simon.
(b) Alexander and Joseph.
(c) Joseph and Chares.
(d) Chares and Matthias.
5. How long did John Hyrcanus stay in power, according to Section 2?
(a) 31 years.
(b) 32 years.
(c) 30 years.
(d) 33 years.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why was Archelaus banished from his kingdom?
2. Who was the Syrian procurator at the death of Herod?
3. How many horsemen did Agrippa send to restrain the insurgents who controlled the lower City?
4. What was Gamala thought to be?
5. How did Phasael kill himself?
This section contains 228 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)