|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Archelaus go to Rome?
(a) To surrender himself.
(b) To take over Herod's estate.
(c) To apologize to Nero.
(d) To take over the Empire.
2. What did Flavius Josephus do to terrify the crowd?
(a) He flogged the angriest of them.
(b) He decapitated a man.
(c) He freed his lions into the crowd.
(d) He had his archers kill 25 in the crowd.
3. Why was Archelaus banished from his kingdom?
(a) He stole from the Temple.
(b) He was brutal against Jews and Samaritans.
(c) He put Jews to death.
(d) He allowed bandit to roam free.
4. What gripped Jerusalem according to Flavius Josephus?
(c) The plague.
5. How long was Emperor Augustus in power?
(a) 47 years.
(b) 57 years.
(c) 58 years.
(d) 37 years.
Short Answer Questions
1. What city was assigned to Flavius Josephus?
2. Where was Vespasian hit by an arrow?
3. What did Simon and John realize would happen if the Romans entered the Sanctuary?
4. What made Caesar disclaim responsibility for the Jews, in Section 8?
5. What did the people of Jerusalem want to do?
This section contains 232 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)