|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "An Evening at the Club," what does the visitor recognize while driving to MacGregor House?
2. In "Young Kumar," how does Colin feel about joining the army?
3. How are the Indians who go to Gymkhana Club described?
4. Why does the British woman in "An Evening at the Club" ignore Lady Chatterjee?
5. In "Young Kumar," to whom does Hari give most of his earnings?
Essay Topic 1
What commentary does the author provide on the role of the law and military in society?
Essay Topic 2
Examine the relationship between Britain and India in this text. What does the author reveal about the two societies and humanity, in general, with this relationship?
Essay Topic 3
Examine the relation between the author's life and "The Jewel in the Crown." Research the author to make connections between his life and this novel.
This section contains 596 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)