|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who gives the visitor passages from Daphne's journal?
2. How does White react when chaos first breaks out in "Civil and Military"?
3. How does Chillianwallah Bagh compare to other Indian neighborhoods?
4. What does Hari do at the end of "Young Kumar"?
5. What makes Hari's father's relationship with Shalini special?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Examine the theme of trust vs. distrust in this novel.
Essay Topic 2
How does "The Jewel in the Crown" deal with shifts in time throughout the narrative? Why might they be handled this way? What is the effect on the message of the text?
Essay Topic 3
Analyze the theme of education in this novel. Consider Miss Crane's work in education and Chillingborough, the British school.
This section contains 619 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)