|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "Civil and Military," Robin White is in control of ____________.
2. Why did Hari's father return home from England for the first time in "Young Kumar"?
3. How long after the rape does "An Evening at the Club" take place?
4. What does Menen do for a living?
5. Why does the visitor contact Robin White in "Civil and Military"?
Essay Topic 1
How does the author use symbolism to support the major themes of "The Jewel in the Crown"?
Essay Topic 2
Examine the relationship between Britain and India in this text. What does the author reveal about the two societies and humanity, in general, with this relationship?
Essay Topic 3
Explore the author's use of an unnamed narrator who also serves as a character in the text.
This section contains 588 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)