Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "An Evening at the Club," what does the visitor recognize while driving to MacGregor House?
2. In "Young Kumar," how does Colin feel about joining the army?
3. How are the Indians who go to Gymkhana Club described?
4. Why does the British woman in "An Evening at the Club" ignore Lady Chatterjee?
5. In "Young Kumar," to whom does Hari give most of his earnings?
Essay Topic 1
What is the symbolism found within the artwork and other decor in this novel? What purpose does this serve?
Essay Topic 2
Compare and contrast Lady Chatterjee to Lady Manners.
Essay Topic 3
Examine the relation between the author's life and "The Jewel in the Crown." Research the author to make connections between his life and this novel.
This section contains 195 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)