Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "An Evening at the Club," what does the visitor recognize while driving to MacGregor House?
2. In "Young Kumar," how does Colin feel about joining the army?
3. How are the Indians who go to Gymkhana Club described?
4. Why does the British woman in "An Evening at the Club" ignore Lady Chatterjee?
5. In "Young Kumar," to whom does Hari give most of his earnings?
Essay Topic 1
Compare and contrast the word choice and dialects spoken in each of the interview sessions. What do these devices provide in the novel?
Essay Topic 2
Analyze Hari as a representation of the repression of India.
Essay Topic 3
Consider the titles of the chapters in "The Jewel in the Crown." What purpose to they play? Which elements of the text do they relate to? Why might this be?
This section contains 206 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)