Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mr. Chaudhuri suggest when Miss Crane sees a group of men in the road?
2. On the night of Daphne's rape, why does Lady Chatterjee say Robert came to her house?
3. What position does Miss Crane hold at her school?
4. After Gandhi is arrested, how do the schoolchildren get home?
5. Where does Lady Chatterjee say Daphne Manners went with Hari their first time in public?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do Mr. Srinivasan and Lady Chatterjee do after dinner in "An Evening at the Club"?
2. After Hari leaves England, what happens to his friendship with Colin?
3. What is Miss Crane's relationship with Mr. Chaudhuri?
4. How does Robin White feel about Vidyasagar's statement about Daphne's rape?
5. In "Civil and Military," how do Kumar's friends react after he is arrested?
6. How does the narrator of "Young Kumar" say Hari's father was able to travel to England?
7. How does Lady Chatterjee describe the "Sanctuary" in "MacGregor House"?
8. What is the history of the Gymkhana Club?
9. What does "The Jewel in the Crown" mean to Miss Crane?
10. How does Lady Chatterjee reveal her character when she tells the story of visiting Miss Crane in the hospital?
Analyze the theme of education in this novel. Consider Miss Crane's work in education and Chillingborough, the British school.
Examine the relation between the author's life and "The Jewel in the Crown." Research the author to make connections between his life and this novel.
How does the author use symbolism to support the major themes of "The Jewel in the Crown"?
This section contains 773 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)