|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do the police try to stop Miss Crane from driving from Kotari to Mayapore?
2. What does Miss Crane suffer from while driving from Kotari to Mayapore?
3. What does Sister Ludmilla do for a living?
4. Where does Daphne Manners meet Robert?
5. What does Miss Crane say about Mahatma Gandhi?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Robin White no longer visit the Gymkhana Club?
2. In "MacGregor House," what history of the MacGregor House is given?
3. What is the history of the Gymkhana Club?
4. How does Lady Chatterjee reveal her character when she tells the story of visiting Miss Crane in the hospital?
5. What is the last thing the visitor describes in "The Bibighar Gardens"?
6. In "The Bibighar Gardens," what is the issue people are most concerned with surrounding Daphne's pregnancy?
7. In "Miss Crane," what is revealed about Miss Crane's relationship with looters?
8. In "Civil and Military," what is Brigadier Reid's role with the infantry?
9. How does Robin White feel about Vidyasagar's statement about Daphne's rape?
10. Why is Miss Crane in India?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Analyze Hari as a representation of the repression of India.
Essay Topic 2
Analyze the narrative style of this novel. What is the effect of having so many voices intertwined? Consider the use of the letters and interview sessions.
Essay Topic 3
Examine the theme of trust vs. distrust in this novel.
This section contains 1,158 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)