|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Sister Ludmilla say she didn't know Hari's name when she first met him?
2. How do British people feel about Lady Chatterjee's title in "MacGregor House"?
3. What is the defining feature of Bibighar Gardens?
4. What is Miss Crane said to have done to the men looting the town?
5. In "MacGregor House," why does Lady Chatterjee say she visited Miss Crane after she was out of the hospital?
Short Essay Questions
1. In "MacGregor House," why do some people avoid Lady Chatterjee?
2. In "Miss Crane," what happens to the picture of Ghandi?
3. What does Sister Ludmilla say she did to protect Hari from the police?
4. What role does Sister Ludmilla play at the Sanctuary?
5. In "MacGregor House," what does Lady Chatterjee say about the night of Daphne's rape?
6. In "MacGregor House," how is Daphne's relationship with Robert developed?
7. What is Miss Crane's relationship with Mr. Chaudhuri?
8. How does Sister Ludmilla describe Daphne in "Sister Ludmilla"?
9. How does Lady Chatterjee describe the "Sanctuary" in "MacGregor House"?
10. What does Sister Ludmilla give as possible reasons for the house to burn at Bibighar Gardens?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Trace the evolution of Gymkhana Club. How does this setting reference historical and societal changes?
Essay Topic 2
Analyze Daphne's relationship with Hari. How does this relationship facilitate the development of the plot? What other role does it play in the novel?
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast the word choice and dialects spoken in each of the interview sessions. What do these devices provide in the novel?
This section contains 792 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)