|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What year is it when Hari sees Colin in India?
2. Why is Brigadier A.V. Reid sent to help with the creation of the Indian infantry division?
(a) He creates effective army models.
(b) He was fired from his job in Ireland.
(c) He is told to oversee it.
(d) He is told to handle the administrative work.
3. In "An Evening at the Club," what does the visitor recognize while driving to MacGregor House?
(a) A government building.
(b) A wall.
(c) A cemetery.
(d) A river.
4. Where is Hari's first job interview in India?
(a) An electric company.
(b) A school.
(c) A newspaper.
(d) A train corporation.
5. How is Reid's assignment changed in "Civil and Military"?
(a) He is given a more active role in World War II.
(b) He is transferred to China.
(c) He is made supervisor.
(d) He is given a desk job.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Chillianwallah Bagh compare to other Indian neighborhoods?
2. Where does the narrator say Hari's father gained his wealth?
3. Why does Hari say he was denied the job during his first interview in "Young Kumar"?
4. When does Mr. Srinivasan say he first met Hari?
5. How did Hari's father choose his wife?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Robin White feel about Vidyasagar's statement about Daphne's rape?
2. After Hari leaves England, what happens to his friendship with Colin?
3. What surprises Hari most when he returns to India in "Young Kumar"?
4. According to the narrator in "Young Kumar," what was Hari's father's relationship like with England?
5. How does the narrator of "Young Kumar" say Hari's father was able to travel to England?
6. In "Civil and Military," how does Reid explain the role of the military in breaking up mobs?
7. On the night of Daphne's rape, what does Merrick tell Reid about the events?
8. In "Young Kumar," why does Hari return to India?
9. In "Civil and Military," how do Kumar's friends react after he is arrested?
10. What happens when Lady Chatterjee and Mr. Srinivasan first arrive at the club in "An Evening at the Club"?
This section contains 843 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)