|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mr. Srinivasan do when he drives past the temple in "An Evening at the Club"?
(a) He drives quickly past it.
(b) He makes a small donation.
(c) He asks the visitor if he wants to see it.
(d) He asks Lady Chatterjee if she wants to stop and visit it.
2. Where does Hari find his first job in India?
(a) He starts his own business.
(b) A newspaper.
(c) A university.
(d) The government.
3. Why is Mr. Srinivasan described as being a non-military Indian?
(a) He dresses like he is in the military.
(b) The other Indians with him are in the military.
(c) He was denied entry to the military.
(d) He recently left the military.
4. How does Mr. Srinivasan say he learned that Hari was going to be questioned by the police?
(a) He didn't find out until after the questioning happened.
(b) He was asked to do the questioning.
(c) Sister Ludmilla told him.
(d) Hari wrote him a letter from jail.
5. How did Hari's father choose his wife?
(a) He took out a personal ad.
(b) He had his best friend choose.
(c) She was his first girlfriend.
(d) She was chosen for him by his family.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Menen do for a living?
2. In "Civil and Military," how does Robin White describe Britain's relationship with India?
3. Why does the visitor spend time at the temple in "An Evening at the Club"?
4. When does Mr. Srinivasan say he first met Hari?
5. What do Daphne's journal entries suggest about Kumar's role in the violence in "Civil and Military"?
Short Essay Questions
1. What surprises Hari most when he returns to India in "Young Kumar"?
2. On the night of Daphne's rape, what does Merrick tell Reid about the events?
3. What does Mr. Srinivasan tell the visitor about Hari in "An Evening at the Club"?
4. What do Mr. Srinivasan and Lady Chatterjee do after dinner in "An Evening at the Club"?
5. What does Robin White tell the visitor about the role of Britain in India in "Civil and Military"?
6. In "Young Kumar," why does Hari return to India?
7. Who is Shalini Gupta Sen?
8. In "Civil and Military," how do Kumar's friends react after he is arrested?
9. After Hari leaves England, what happens to his friendship with Colin?
10. In "Civil and Military," how does Robin White respond to Reid's memoir?
This section contains 888 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)