|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "Civil and Military," why does the army use banners?
(a) To send secret messages.
(b) To find each other during battles.
(c) To surrender.
(d) To tell people to leave.
2. In "Civil and Military," why does Reid gather information from his time working with the Indian infantry division?
(a) He is preparing for a lawsuit.
(b) He is being interviewed for television.
(c) He is cleaning out his house.
(d) He is preparing his memoir.
3. What is Reid's first impression of White?
(a) He thinks too much.
(b) He doesn't use logic.
(c) He doesn't know enough about war.
(d) He has little experience.
4. In "An Evening at the Club," what does the visitor recognize while driving to MacGregor House?
(a) A government building.
(b) A cemetery.
(c) A river.
(d) A wall.
5. What does Hari do at the end of "Young Kumar"?
(a) He writes an editorial.
(b) He paints Daphne's portrait.
(c) He joins the army.
(d) He drinks alcohol.
Short Answer Questions
1. Hari's father changed his last name to _________.
2. How does Chillianwallah Bagh compare to other Indian neighborhoods?
3. Why does the visitor contact Robin White in "Civil and Military"?
4. How are the Indians who go to Gymkhana Club described?
5. In "An Evening at the Club," who is Hari said to be living with in India?
This section contains 260 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)