|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does the narrator say Hari's father gained his wealth?
(c) The United States.
2. In "Young Kumar," how does the narrator describe Hari's education?
3. Who authorizes the Indian infantry division in "Civil and Military"?
(a) The Indian army.
(b) The Royal army.
(c) The British army.
(d) The United States army.
4. Why did Hari's father return home from England for the first time in "Young Kumar"?
(a) He failed at his studies.
(b) His wife was pregnant.
(c) He missed his family.
(d) He was deported.
5. In "Young Kumar," how does Colin feel about joining the army?
(a) He is proud of it.
(b) He admits he only did it to avoid going to jail.
(c) He is ashamed of joining.
(d) He admits he only did it to travel.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "Young Kumar," why does Hari shop in the English part of town?
2. How did Hari's father die?
3. Where does Hari find his first job in India?
4. When does Mr. Srinivasan say he first met Hari?
5. How does Chillianwallah Bagh compare to other Indian neighborhoods?
This section contains 264 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)