|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who joins Mr. Srinivasan, Lady Chatterjee, and the visitor at MacGregor House in "An Evening at the Club"?
(a) Robin White.
(c) No one joins them.
(d) The visitor's girlfriend.
2. Why does Vidyasagar print his own pamphlet?
(a) To publicize the wrongdoings of the British.
(b) To protest the arrests of his friends.
(c) To ask the judge to let him out on bail.
(d) To run for public office.
3. Why is Brigadier A.V. Reid sent to help with the creation of the Indian infantry division?
(a) He creates effective army models.
(b) He is told to oversee it.
(c) He was fired from his job in Ireland.
(d) He is told to handle the administrative work.
4. In "Young Kumar," what does the narrator claim Hari learned after his father's death?
(a) His mother could still be alive.
(b) They were broke.
(c) His grandparents lived in India.
(d) His father was a criminal.
5. Why is Vidyasagar arrested?
(a) For running away from his duties.
(b) For acting without orders.
(c) They assume he is an insurgent.
(d) They assume he broke his rank.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "An Evening at the Club," how does Lady Chatterjee feel about the removal of the British authorities?
2. What year is it in the beginning of "Civil and Military"?
3. In "An Evening at the Club," what jobs do most of the British hold in the area?
4. In "Civil and Military," what is the first thing Reid talks to Robin White about?
5. What makes Hari's father's relationship with Shalini special?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do Mr. Srinivasan and Lady Chatterjee do after dinner in "An Evening at the Club"?
2. In "Civil and Military," how does Reid explain the role of the military in breaking up mobs?
3. In "Civil and Military," how do Kumar's friends react after he is arrested?
4. In "Civil and Military," what is Brigadier Reid's role with the infantry?
5. How does "Young Kumar" end?
6. On the night of Daphne's rape, what does Merrick tell Reid about the events?
7. As a child, what is Hari's life like in England?
8. How does Hari end up living in England as a child?
9. According to the narrator in "Young Kumar," what was Hari's father's relationship like with England?
10. In "Young Kumar," why does Hari return to India?
This section contains 862 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)