|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How is Reid's assignment changed in "Civil and Military"?
(a) He is transferred to China.
(b) He is given a desk job.
(c) He is given a more active role in World War II.
(d) He is made supervisor.
2. What does Reid first suggest to Robin White in "Civil and Military"?
(a) To hire an outside firm.
(b) To spend more on weapons.
(c) To use a strong hand.
(d) To decrease the number in the army.
3. What year is it when Hari sees Colin in India?
4. Where is Hari's first job interview in India?
(a) A train corporation.
(b) A newspaper.
(c) A school.
(d) An electric company.
5. What do Mr. Srinivasan and Lady Chatterjee do after finishing dinner in "An Evening at the Club"?
(a) Take the visitor on a tour.
(b) Sit in the lounge to have drinks.
(c) Take the visitor to the theater.
(d) Return to Lady Chatterjee's house.
Short Answer Questions
1. Into how many sections is "Civil and Military" divided?
2. In "An Evening at the Club," who is Hari said to be living with in India?
3. How does Hari know Colin Lindsey?
4. What do Daphne's journal entries suggest about Kumar's role in the violence in "Civil and Military"?
5. How old was Hari when his father died?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the first story Mr. Srinivasan tells the visitor in "An Evening at the Club"?
2. In "Civil and Military," how does Reid explain the role of the military in breaking up mobs?
3. After Hari leaves England, what happens to his friendship with Colin?
4. How does Hari end up living in England as a child?
5. Why does Brigadier Reid not like Robin White?
6. What does Mr. Srinivasan tell the visitor about Hari in "An Evening at the Club"?
7. According to the narrator in "Young Kumar," what was Hari's father's relationship like with England?
8. Why does Robin White no longer visit the Gymkhana Club?
9. In "Civil and Military," how do Kumar's friends react after he is arrested?
10. How does "Young Kumar" end?
This section contains 760 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)