|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Vidyasagar arrested?
(a) For running away from his duties.
(b) For acting without orders.
(c) They assume he is an insurgent.
(d) They assume he broke his rank.
2. How old was Hari when his father died?
3. What do Daphne's journal entries suggest about Kumar's role in the violence in "Civil and Military"?
(a) He was physically injured during a riot.
(b) He was the mastermind behind it.
(c) He knew who started it.
(d) He did not plan it.
4. How are the Indians who go to Gymkhana Club described?
(a) Aging professionals.
(b) Beautiful women.
(c) Military men.
(d) Young businessmen.
5. What makes Hari's father's relationship with Shalini special?
(a) He mails her books from every country he visits.
(b) He paints her portrait every five years.
(c) He sent her on vacations.
(d) He taught her to read and write.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who invited Mr. Srinivasan to the club for the first time in "An Evening at the Club"?
2. What does Reid first suggest to Robin White in "Civil and Military"?
3. Where is Hari's first job interview in India?
4. In "An Evening at the Club," who arrives with the visitor at Gymkhana Club?
5. In "An Evening at the Club," what is Gymkhana Club said to represent?
Short Essay Questions
1. What surprises Hari most when he returns to India in "Young Kumar"?
2. Why does Brigadier Reid not like Robin White?
3. What happens when Lady Chatterjee and Mr. Srinivasan first arrive at the club in "An Evening at the Club"?
4. What does Mr. Srinivasan tell the visitor about Hari in "An Evening at the Club"?
5. Who is Shalini Gupta Sen?
6. On the night of Daphne's rape, what does Merrick tell Reid about the events?
7. What do Mr. Srinivasan and Lady Chatterjee do after dinner in "An Evening at the Club"?
8. In "Young Kumar," why does Hari return to India?
9. In "Civil and Military," how does Robin White respond to Reid's memoir?
10. In "Civil and Military," what is Brigadier Reid's role with the infantry?
This section contains 809 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)