|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "An Evening at the Club," what jobs do most of the British hold in the area?
(b) Military leaders.
2. When does Mr. Srinivasan say he first met Hari?
(a) When Hari was questioned by police.
(b) When Hair came to the club.
(c) When Hari was a child.
(d) When Hari met Daphne.
3. Who gives the visitor passages from Daphne's journal?
(a) Lady Chatterjee.
(b) Brigadier Reid.
(c) Robin White.
(d) Mr. Srinivasan.
4. In "Civil and Military," why does the army use banners?
(a) To find each other during battles.
(b) To surrender.
(c) To send secret messages.
(d) To tell people to leave.
5. In "Young Kumar," why does Hari believe he could succeed in India?
(a) His family's connections.
(b) His father's money.
(c) His education.
(d) His accent.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "Civil and Military," what is the first thing Reid talks to Robin White about?
2. Who joins Mr. Srinivasan, Lady Chatterjee, and the visitor at MacGregor House in "An Evening at the Club"?
3. When did Hari's mother die?
4. Where does Hari find his first job in India?
5. How does Hari know Colin Lindsey?
Short Essay Questions
1. After Hari leaves England, what happens to his friendship with Colin?
2. In "Civil and Military," how do Kumar's friends react after he is arrested?
3. What happens when Lady Chatterjee and Mr. Srinivasan first arrive at the club in "An Evening at the Club"?
4. How does Hari end up living in England as a child?
5. How does the narrator of "Young Kumar" say Hari's father was able to travel to England?
6. How does Robin White feel about Vidyasagar's statement about Daphne's rape?
7. What is the history of the Gymkhana Club?
8. In "Civil and Military," what is Brigadier Reid's role with the infantry?
9. In "Young Kumar," why does Hari return to India?
10. On the night of Daphne's rape, what does Merrick tell Reid about the events?
This section contains 800 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)