|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Reid's first impression of White?
(a) He thinks too much.
(b) He doesn't know enough about war.
(c) He doesn't use logic.
(d) He has little experience.
2. Where is Hari's first job interview in India?
(a) An electric company.
(b) A train corporation.
(c) A newspaper.
(d) A school.
3. In "Civil and Military," why do people protest after Hari and his friends are arrested?
(a) They are upset about the violence.
(b) They want Hari and his friends convicted.
(c) The people think they are innocent.
(d) They don't protest.
4. Who authorizes the Indian infantry division in "Civil and Military"?
(a) The Indian army.
(b) The Royal army.
(c) The British army.
(d) The United States army.
5. How is Reid's assignment changed in "Civil and Military"?
(a) He is given a more active role in World War II.
(b) He is transferred to China.
(c) He is made supervisor.
(d) He is given a desk job.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Mr. Srinivasan describe Shalini Gupta Sen in "An Evening at the Club"?
2. What does Reid first suggest to Robin White in "Civil and Military"?
3. In "An Evening at the Club," what jobs do most of the British hold in the area?
4. How long after the rape does "An Evening at the Club" take place?
5. In "Civil and Military," why does the army use banners?
Short Essay Questions
1. According to the narrator in "Young Kumar," what was Hari's father's relationship like with England?
2. Who is Shalini Gupta Sen?
3. On the night of Daphne's rape, what does Merrick tell Reid about the events?
4. What surprises Hari most when he returns to India in "Young Kumar"?
5. In "Young Kumar," why does Hari return to India?
6. What happens when Lady Chatterjee and Mr. Srinivasan first arrive at the club in "An Evening at the Club"?
7. In "Civil and Military," how do Kumar's friends react after he is arrested?
8. How does "Young Kumar" end?
9. After Hari leaves England, what happens to his friendship with Colin?
10. In "Civil and Military," what is Brigadier Reid's role with the infantry?
This section contains 779 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)