|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "Young Kumar," why does the narrator say Hari's father rarely saw him as a child?
(a) He was busy working.
(b) He disliked Hari.
(c) He wants Hari to be raised English.
(d) Hari would learn to entertain himself.
2. In "An Evening at the Club," who is Hari said to be living with in India?
(a) His cousin.
(b) His sister.
(c) His uncle.
(d) His aunt.
3. Who gives the visitor passages from Daphne's journal?
(a) Lady Chatterjee.
(b) Brigadier Reid.
(c) Robin White.
(d) Mr. Srinivasan.
4. Where does Hari find his first job in India?
(a) A newspaper.
(b) The government.
(c) He starts his own business.
(d) A university.
5. How does Terry Grigson treat Lady Chatterjee when she arrives at the club in "An Evening at the Club"?
(a) He shakes her hand, but won't speak to her.
(b) He is mean to her.
(c) He is kind to her.
(d) He ignores her.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "Civil and Military," why does the army use banners?
2. How long after the rape does "An Evening at the Club" take place?
3. Why did Hari's father return home from England for the first time in "Young Kumar"?
4. In "Young Kumar," to whom does Hari give most of his earnings?
5. Hari's father changed his last name to _________.
This section contains 241 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)