|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Brigadier A.V. Reid sent to help with the creation of the Indian infantry division?
(a) He is told to handle the administrative work.
(b) He was fired from his job in Ireland.
(c) He creates effective army models.
(d) He is told to oversee it.
2. In "An Evening at the Club," how does Lady Chatterjee feel about the removal of the British authorities?
(a) She says she misses the British influence.
(b) She doesn't share her opinion.
(c) She says she is glad the British are gone.
(d) She says she can't make up her mind yet.
3. In "Civil and Military," Robin White is in control of ____________.
(a) The use of the military.
(c) The hiring of employees.
(d) The procurement of weapons.
4. Why does the visitor spend time at the temple in "An Evening at the Club"?
(a) He doesn't spend any time at the temple.
(b) Lady Chatterjee insists.
(c) He wants to photograph it.
(d) It has a connection to Daphne.
5. In "An Evening at the Club," why does Mr. Srinivasan say many Indian companies hire British?
(a) Because Indians struggle to run their own businesses.
(b) To avoid trouble with the government.
(c) Because of the money they have.
(d) To act as figureheads.
Short Answer Questions
1. Into how many sections is "Civil and Military" divided?
2. According to the narrator, how old was Hari when he was brought to England?
3. In "An Evening at the Club," who is Hari said to be living with in India?
4. Who authorizes the Indian infantry division in "Civil and Military"?
5. What does Reid call Menen when he first meets him?
Short Essay Questions
1. In "Young Kumar," why does Hari return to India?
2. Why does Robin White no longer visit the Gymkhana Club?
3. What happens when Lady Chatterjee and Mr. Srinivasan first arrive at the club in "An Evening at the Club"?
4. What does Mr. Srinivasan tell the visitor about Hari in "An Evening at the Club"?
5. How does "Young Kumar" end?
6. In "Civil and Military," how do Kumar's friends react after he is arrested?
7. Who is Shalini Gupta Sen?
8. What is the first story Mr. Srinivasan tells the visitor in "An Evening at the Club"?
9. Why does Brigadier Reid not like Robin White?
10. On the night of Daphne's rape, what does Merrick tell Reid about the events?
This section contains 789 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)