|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Terry Grigson treat Lady Chatterjee when she arrives at the club in "An Evening at the Club"?
(a) He shakes her hand, but won't speak to her.
(b) He is mean to her.
(c) He ignores her.
(d) He is kind to her.
2. In "Young Kumar," to whom does Hari give most of his earnings?
(a) The church.
(b) His aunt.
3. In "Young Kumar," what does the narrator say Hari's father's inheritance was contingent upon?
(a) His staying in India.
(b) His marrying an American.
(c) His traveling to England.
(d) His becoming a laywer.
4. What does Menen do for a living?
(a) He is a businessman.
(b) He is a lawyer.
(c) He is an army general.
(d) He is a judge.
5. How old was Hari when his father died?
Short Answer Questions
1. In "Civil and Military," what is the first thing Reid talks to Robin White about?
2. When Reid first hears of Daphne's rape, whom does he blame?
3. How does Mr. Srinivasan say he learned that Hari was going to be questioned by the police?
4. What year is it when Hari sees Colin in India?
5. When does Mr. Srinivasan say he first met Hari?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when Lady Chatterjee and Mr. Srinivasan first arrive at the club in "An Evening at the Club"?
2. In "Young Kumar," why does Hari return to India?
3. How does the narrator of "Young Kumar" say Hari's father was able to travel to England?
4. Why does Robin White no longer visit the Gymkhana Club?
5. What surprises Hari most when he returns to India in "Young Kumar"?
6. According to the narrator in "Young Kumar," what was Hari's father's relationship like with England?
7. In "An Evening at the Club," what does the narrator say about Indian businesses after the British left?
8. In "Civil and Military," how does Reid explain the role of the military in breaking up mobs?
9. How does "Young Kumar" end?
10. How does Hari end up living in England as a child?
This section contains 808 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)