|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "Civil and Military," why does Robin White say his memory of India may be poor?
(a) He hasn't been there in years.
(b) He has blocked it all out.
(c) He has been sick.
(d) He lived it through a white man's perspective.
2. What year is it when Hari sees Colin in India?
3. Why did Hari's father return home from England for the first time in "Young Kumar"?
(a) He failed at his studies.
(b) He missed his family.
(c) His wife was pregnant.
(d) He was deported.
4. When did Hari's mother die?
(a) When Hari started high school.
(b) When Hari was an infant.
(c) After Hair graduated from school.
(d) When Hari was in grammar school.
5. In "Young Kumar," to whom does Hari give most of his earnings?
(b) His aunt.
(c) The church.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "Civil and Military," why does Reid return to Rawalpindi?
2. Why is Vidyasagar arrested?
3. In "Civil and Military," what is the first thing Reid talks to Robin White about?
4. How is Reid's assignment changed in "Civil and Military"?
5. Where does Hari find his first job in India?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do Mr. Srinivasan and Lady Chatterjee do after dinner in "An Evening at the Club"?
2. In "Civil and Military," how does Reid explain the role of the military in breaking up mobs?
3. What does Mr. Srinivasan tell the visitor about Hari in "An Evening at the Club"?
4. As a child, what is Hari's life like in England?
5. In "Young Kumar," why does Hari return to India?
6. How does the narrator of "Young Kumar" say Hari's father was able to travel to England?
7. What does Robin White tell the visitor about the role of Britain in India in "Civil and Military"?
8. On the night of Daphne's rape, what does Merrick tell Reid about the events?
9. After Hari leaves England, what happens to his friendship with Colin?
10. According to the narrator in "Young Kumar," what was Hari's father's relationship like with England?
This section contains 836 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)