|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who invited Mr. Srinivasan to the club for the first time in "An Evening at the Club"?
(a) Robin White.
(b) A member of the Indian army.
(c) Lady Chatterjee.
(d) He went by himself.
2. What does Lady Chatterjee say about Gymkhana Club in the years past?
(a) It almost went broke.
(b) Only men were allowed in.
(c) Few Indians were allowed in.
(d) It always closed early.
3. What does Hari do at the end of "Young Kumar"?
(a) He joins the army.
(b) He writes an editorial.
(c) He drinks alcohol.
(d) He paints Daphne's portrait.
4. In "An Evening at the Club," what is Gymkhana Club said to represent?
(b) Indian independence.
(c) England's rule.
5. When does Mr. Srinivasan say he first met Hari?
(a) When Hari met Daphne.
(b) When Hari was questioned by police.
(c) When Hari was a child.
(d) When Hair came to the club.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Hari feel upon first arriving in India in "Young Kumar"?
2. How did Hari's father choose his wife?
3. Why does the visitor contact Robin White in "Civil and Military"?
4. What does Mr. Srinivasan do for a living?
5. What year is it when Hari sees Colin in India?
This section contains 236 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)