|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Miss Crane said to have done to the men looting the town?
(a) Told them to leave.
(b) To them they were going to hell.
(c) Hit them with rocks.
(d) Let them into the school.
2. How far is Kotari from Mayapore?
(a) Approximately 70 miles.
(b) Approximately 10 miles.
(c) Approximately 25 miles.
(d) Approximately 200 miles.
3. In "MacGregor House," why does Lady Chatterjee say several Indians were arrested?
(a) The election of a new president.
(b) A vote in Congress.
(d) A crime spree.
4. Why is Gandhi arrested in "Miss Crane"?
(a) Congress votes against Britain.
(b) He breaks the assembly law.
(c) He votes in favor of Indians.
(d) He forms his own army.
5. What does Miss Crane suffer from while driving from Kotari to Mayapore?
(a) A stabbing.
(d) A flu.
Short Answer Questions
1. When does Lady Chatterjee say Robert told her about his proposal to Daphne?
2. Where did the builder of the MacGregor House gain his wealth?
3. Why does Sister Ludmilla say she didn't know Hari's name when she first met him?
4. What does Sister Ludmilla do every Wednesday?
5. In "Sister Ludmilla," why does Hari agree to go to the police station?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens to Miss Crane while driving from Kotari to Mayapore in "Miss Crane"?
2. In "MacGregor House," why do some people avoid Lady Chatterjee?
3. How does Sister Ludmilla describe Daphne in "Sister Ludmilla"?
4. What is a suttee?
5. In "Sister Ludmilla," what does Sister Ludmilla reveal about Hari's relationship with Daphne?
6. What does Sister Ludmilla give as possible reasons for the house to burn at Bibighar Gardens?
7. In "Miss Crane," what happens to the picture of Ghandi?
8. What does the author reveal about this novel in the first few paragraphs of "Miss Crane"?
9. In "Miss Crane," what is revealed about Miss Crane's relationship with looters?
10. What role does Sister Ludmilla play at the Sanctuary?
This section contains 830 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)