|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is said to haunt the MacGregor House?
(a) The builder.
(b) The gardener.
(c) A original owner.
(d) The builder's wife.
2. After Gandhi is arrested, how do the schoolchildren get home?
(a) They walk home.
(b) Miss Crane pays a bus driver to take them home.
(c) Miss Crane drives them home herself.
(d) They spend the night at school instead of going home.
3. What is Miss Crane said to have done to the men looting the town?
(a) To them they were going to hell.
(b) Hit them with rocks.
(c) Let them into the school.
(d) Told them to leave.
4. What does the narrator say the looters did to Miss Crane?
(a) They yelled at her.
(b) They stole from her classroom.
(c) They left her alone.
(d) They hit her.
5. Why does Sister Ludmilla say Merrick once told her to keep everyone on lock down at the Sanctuary?
(a) He was looking for someone specific.
(b) He needed to get a head count.
(c) He was preparing for a flood.
(d) He had news of a bomb threat.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Lady Chatterjee say Daphne Manners went with Hari their first time in public?
2. In "MacGregor House," how does Daphne Manners try to make friends?
3. What does Sister Ludmilla say about Hari on the night of Daphne's rape?
4. Where does Daphne Manners meet Robert?
5. What does Miss Crane do with the picture of Mahatma Gandhi?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Lady Chatterjee reveal her character when she tells the story of visiting Miss Crane in the hospital?
2. In "Sister Ludmilla," what does Sister Ludmilla reveal about Hari's relationship with Daphne?
3. In "MacGregor House," what does Daphne write to her aunt?
4. How does Sister Ludmilla describe Daphne in "Sister Ludmilla"?
5. What happens to Miss Crane while driving from Kotari to Mayapore in "Miss Crane"?
6. How does Miss Crane feel about Gandhi?
7. In "Miss Crane," what is revealed about Miss Crane's relationship with looters?
8. How does Miss Crane feel about the Indian people?
9. What does Sister Ludmilla say she did to protect Hari from the police?
10. What role does Sister Ludmilla play at the Sanctuary?
This section contains 866 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)