|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Miss Crane do at the end of "Miss Crane"?
(a) Sells her car.
(b) Goes to sleep.
(c) Leaves the hospital.
(d) Packs up a picture.
2. Why does Miss Crane distrust Mr. Chaudhuri as a teacher?
(a) He misses a lot of work days.
(b) He is too well educated.
(c) He is undereducated.
(d) He seems to dislike children.
3. In "Miss Crane," how many teachers are at the Dibrapur school?
4. After Sister Ludmilla took Hari to the Sanctuary, who does she say came looking for him?
(b) Miss Crane.
(c) A private investigator.
5. How does Miss Crane die?
(a) In a natural disaster.
(b) A looter's attack.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "Miss Crane," how often did Miss Crane entertain Indian women at her home?
2. What type of accent does Sister Ludmilla have?
3. Why is Sister Ludmilla allowed to live at the Sanctuary?
4. Where does Sister Ludmilla say Hari was the first time she met him?
5. How far is Kotari from Mayapore?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Miss Crane feel about Gandhi?
2. In "MacGregor House," how is Daphne's relationship with Robert developed?
3. In "MacGregor House," why do some people avoid Lady Chatterjee?
4. How does Sister Ludmilla say she met Hari?
5. What role does Sister Ludmilla play at the Sanctuary?
6. How does Lady Chatterjee reveal her character when she tells the story of visiting Miss Crane in the hospital?
7. In "Miss Crane," what happens to the picture of Ghandi?
8. How does Miss Crane feel about the Indian people?
9. In "MacGregor House," what does Daphne write to her aunt?
10. How does Lady Chatterjee describe the "Sanctuary" in "MacGregor House"?
This section contains 763 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)