|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Lady Chatterjee describe her relationship with Parvati?
(a) She says Parvati is her great-niece.
(b) She says Parvati is her friend.
(c) She says Parvati is her servant.
(d) She says Parvati is her ward.
2. What does Sister Ludmilla do for a living?
3. Sister Ludmilla says her mother always gave money to ____________.
(c) The arts.
4. What is the defining feature of Bibighar Gardens?
(a) The wall.
(b) The guest house.
(c) The stone path.
(d) The fountain.
5. Who does Robert work for?
(a) The legislature.
(b) The local newspaper.
(c) The British.
(d) The police.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Sister Ludmilla say about Hari on the night of Daphne's rape?
2. What does Lady Chatterjee say made her husband special?
3. What does Sister Ludmilla say she thought of Hari when she first met him?
4. When does Lady Chatterjee say Robert told her about his proposal to Daphne?
5. What does Miss Crane do at the end of "Miss Crane"?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do Mr. Srinivasan and Lady Chatterjee do after dinner in "An Evening at the Club"?
2. How does Lady Chatterjee describe the "Sanctuary" in "MacGregor House"?
3. Who is Shalini Gupta Sen?
4. In "Civil and Military," what is Brigadier Reid's role with the infantry?
5. Why does Miss Crane want to drive from Kotari to Mayapore?
6. According to the narrator in "Young Kumar," what was Hari's father's relationship like with England?
7. In "Young Kumar," why does Hari return to India?
8. What does Lady Chatterjee say happened when she visited with Miss Crane after she was released from the hospital?
9. In "MacGregor House," what does Daphne write to her aunt?
10. Why does Brigadier Reid not like Robin White?
This section contains 744 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)