|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mr. Chaudhuri suggest when Miss Crane sees a group of men in the road?
(a) She should drive through them.
(b) She should turn around.
(c) He doesn't have a suggestion.
(d) She should give them her car.
2. In "Miss Crane," how often did Miss Crane entertain Indian women at her home?
(a) Once a month.
(b) Once every two weeks.
(d) Once a week.
3. Who is said to haunt the MacGregor House?
(a) The builder.
(b) A original owner.
(c) The builder's wife.
(d) The gardener.
4. Lady Chatterjee compares the "Sanctuary" to _____________.
(a) A hospital.
(b) A library.
(c) An apartment building.
(d) A school.
5. Why does Miss Crane dislike Mr. Chaudhuri?
(a) His cold behavior.
(b) His lack of professionalism.
(c) His poverty.
(d) His rudeness to her.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the narrator say the looters did to Miss Crane?
2. In the painting called "The Jewel in the Crown," what do the Indians do?
3. In "Miss Crane," what is The Indian Congress considering?
4. What does Sister Ludmilla say about Daphne's behavior after her rape?
5. In "Miss Crane," why does the author mention The Bibighar Gardens?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does "The Jewel in the Crown" mean to Miss Crane?
2. What happens to Miss Crane while driving from Kotari to Mayapore in "Miss Crane"?
3. What is Miss Crane's relationship with Mr. Chaudhuri?
4. Why does Miss Crane want to drive from Kotari to Mayapore?
5. Why is Miss Crane in India?
6. How does Miss Crane feel about Gandhi?
7. In "Miss Crane," what happens to the picture of Ghandi?
8. In "MacGregor House," why do some people avoid Lady Chatterjee?
9. How does Sister Ludmilla describe Daphne in "Sister Ludmilla"?
10. What does Sister Ludmilla say she did to protect Hari from the police?
This section contains 815 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)