|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "Miss Crane," why does the author mention The Bibighar Gardens?
(a) It is where Miss Crane lives.
(b) It is the capital city.
(c) It is his hometown.
(d) A crime will occur there later in the book.
2. When does Lady Chatterjee say Robert told her about his proposal to Daphne?
(a) Before they learn of her rape.
(b) After they learn of her rape.
(c) He doesn't tell her, but Daphne does.
(d) He doesn't tell her, but Hari does.
3. What does the narrator say the looters did to Miss Crane?
(a) They yelled at her.
(b) They hit her.
(c) They stole from her classroom.
(d) They left her alone.
4. What does the Sanctuary become after several years in operation?
(a) A homeless shelter.
(b) A school.
(c) A temp office.
(d) An orphanage.
5. How does Sister Ludmilla treat beggars?
(a) She takes them to jail.
(b) She gives them money.
(c) She bakes them cakes and muffins.
(d) She ignores them.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do the police try to stop Miss Crane from driving from Kotari to Mayapore?
2. What does Lady Chatterjee say her first impression of Miss Crane was?
3. Why does Lady Chatterjee say she respected Miss Crane?
4. What does the narrator say happened to the house at Bibighar Gardens?
5. Where does Lady Chatterjee say Daphne Manners went with Hari their first time in public?
Short Essay Questions
1. In "Miss Crane," what happens to the picture of Ghandi?
2. How does Miss Crane feel about the Indian people?
3. In "MacGregor House," what history of the MacGregor House is given?
4. What does the author reveal about this novel in the first few paragraphs of "Miss Crane"?
5. What does Lady Chatterjee say happened when she visited with Miss Crane after she was released from the hospital?
6. In "Miss Crane," what is revealed about Miss Crane's relationship with looters?
7. How does Lady Chatterjee say she was treated when Daphne moved in with her?
8. How does Miss Crane feel about Gandhi?
9. How does Lady Chatterjee reveal her character when she tells the story of visiting Miss Crane in the hospital?
10. How does Sister Ludmilla describe Daphne in "Sister Ludmilla"?
This section contains 927 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)