|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Lady Chatterjee say made her husband special?
(a) He died for his country.
(b) He let her make her own money.
(c) He was knighted.
(d) He spoke five languages.
2. What is Miss Crane said to have done to the men looting the town?
(a) Told them to leave.
(b) Let them into the school.
(c) Hit them with rocks.
(d) To them they were going to hell.
3. Who is said to haunt the MacGregor House?
(a) A original owner.
(b) The builder's wife.
(c) The builder.
(d) The gardener.
4. What does the narrator say the looters did to Miss Crane?
(a) They stole from her classroom.
(b) They yelled at her.
(c) They hit her.
(d) They left her alone.
5. How does the Rajput class compare to others in India?
(a) It is middle-ranking.
(b) It is high-ranking.
(c) It is the lowest class.
(d) It is low-ranking.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Sister Ludmilla, what did she call Hari when Merrick came to visit?
2. What does the Sanctuary become after several years in operation?
3. On the night of Daphne's rape, why does Lady Chatterjee say Robert came to her house?
4. What does Sister Ludmilla do for a living?
5. What does Miss Crane suffer from while driving from Kotari to Mayapore?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Sister Ludmilla say Hari went with the police?
2. In "MacGregor House," what does Lady Chatterjee say about the night of Daphne's rape?
3. Why does Miss Crane want to drive from Kotari to Mayapore?
4. What is a suttee?
5. How does Lady Chatterjee reveal her character when she tells the story of visiting Miss Crane in the hospital?
6. In "MacGregor House," what history of the MacGregor House is given?
7. What happens to Miss Crane while driving from Kotari to Mayapore in "Miss Crane"?
8. In "MacGregor House," why do some people avoid Lady Chatterjee?
9. In "MacGregor House," what does Daphne write to her aunt?
10. How does Lady Chatterjee describe the "Sanctuary" in "MacGregor House"?
This section contains 774 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)