|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Lady Chatterjee say she avoided talking about the "Sanctuary" with Robert?
(a) He didn't understand it.
(b) He disapproved of it.
(c) Daphne asked her to keep it secret.
(d) It was for women only.
2. What does Miss Crane use the painting "The Jewel in the Crown" to teach?
(b) Bible passages.
3. How does Sister Ludmilla support the Sanctuary?
(a) No one knows.
(b) Money from her deceased husband.
(c) Profit from her medical office.
(d) Investments in the American stock market.
4. In "Miss Crane," what is The Indian Congress considering?
(a) Passing laws to tax education.
(b) Firing female teachers.
(c) Forcing the British out.
(d) Hiring only British workers.
5. How does the Rajput class compare to others in India?
(a) It is the lowest class.
(b) It is low-ranking.
(c) It is middle-ranking.
(d) It is high-ranking.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Miss Crane do with the picture of Mahatma Gandhi?
2. Why is Gandhi arrested in "Miss Crane"?
3. The crowds in Dibrapur protest because of ___________.
4. Why does Rajendra Singh punch Hari in the face?
5. How did Miss Crane end up in India?
Short Essay Questions
1. In "MacGregor House," how is Daphne's relationship with Robert developed?
2. In "MacGregor House," what does Lady Chatterjee say about the night of Daphne's rape?
3. Why is Miss Crane in India?
4. In "Miss Crane," what is revealed about Miss Crane's relationship with looters?
5. What is Miss Crane's relationship with Mr. Chaudhuri?
6. How does Lady Chatterjee reveal her character when she tells the story of visiting Miss Crane in the hospital?
7. In "MacGregor House," why do some people avoid Lady Chatterjee?
8. How does Lady Chatterjee describe the "Sanctuary" in "MacGregor House"?
9. What does "The Jewel in the Crown" mean to Miss Crane?
10. What does Sister Ludmilla give as possible reasons for the house to burn at Bibighar Gardens?
This section contains 865 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)