|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Lady Chatterjee say she avoided talking about the "Sanctuary" with Robert?
(a) He disapproved of it.
(b) He didn't understand it.
(c) Daphne asked her to keep it secret.
(d) It was for women only.
2. How does Lady Chatterjee say she was treated when Daphne Manners came to stay with her?
(a) She was teased.
(b) She was ignored.
(c) No one seemed to care.
(d) She was applauded.
3. In "Miss Crane," what is The Indian Congress considering?
(a) Hiring only British workers.
(b) Forcing the British out.
(c) Passing laws to tax education.
(d) Firing female teachers.
4. What does Mr. Chaudhuri do to make sure Miss Crane is safe when she drives from Kotari and Mayapore?
(a) He tunes up her car.
(b) He goes with her.
(c) He has someone drive ahead of her.
(d) He sends a police escort.
5. What is the defining feature of Bibighar Gardens?
(a) The wall.
(b) The guest house.
(c) The fountain.
(d) The stone path.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Sister Ludmilla called "sister"?
2. What does Sister Ludmilla do every Wednesday?
3. What does Sister Ludmilla say she thought of Hari when she first met him?
4. How does Sister Ludmilla support the Sanctuary?
5. On the night of Daphne's rape, why does Lady Chatterjee say Robert came to her house?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Sister Ludmilla say she did to protect Hari from the police?
2. In "MacGregor House," why do some people avoid Lady Chatterjee?
3. In "MacGregor House," what does Lady Chatterjee say about the night of Daphne's rape?
4. What does Mr. Srinivasan tell the visitor about Hari in "An Evening at the Club"?
5. After Hari leaves England, what happens to his friendship with Colin?
6. What does the author reveal about this novel in the first few paragraphs of "Miss Crane"?
7. What is the first story Mr. Srinivasan tells the visitor in "An Evening at the Club"?
8. What happens when Lady Chatterjee and Mr. Srinivasan first arrive at the club in "An Evening at the Club"?
9. What does Lady Chatterjee say happened when she visited with Miss Crane after she was released from the hospital?
10. What role does Daphne's bicycle play in Hari's arrest?
This section contains 855 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)