|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Daphne Manners meet Robert?
(a) A private club.
(b) The gardens.
(d) A church.
2. What is Miss Crane said to have done to the men looting the town?
(a) Hit them with rocks.
(b) To them they were going to hell.
(c) Let them into the school.
(d) Told them to leave.
3. Why does Miss Crane's servant warn her about going out?
(a) He wants to frighten her.
(b) He wants to trick her.
(c) He doesn't warn her.
(d) He wants to protect her.
4. What does the narrator say the looters did to Miss Crane?
(a) They yelled at her.
(b) They hit her.
(c) They stole from her classroom.
(d) They left her alone.
5. In "Miss Crane," what is The Indian Congress considering?
(a) Passing laws to tax education.
(b) Hiring only British workers.
(c) Forcing the British out.
(d) Firing female teachers.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Miss Crane dislike Mr. Chaudhuri?
2. In "Miss Crane," how many teachers are at the Dibrapur school?
3. What does Mr. Chaudhuri do to make sure Miss Crane is safe when she drives from Kotari and Mayapore?
4. What does Sister Ludmilla do for a living?
5. What type of accent does Sister Ludmilla have?
Short Essay Questions
1. In "MacGregor House," what history of the MacGregor House is given?
2. In "MacGregor House," how is Daphne's relationship with Robert developed?
3. What does the author reveal about this novel in the first few paragraphs of "Miss Crane"?
4. In "MacGregor House," why do some people avoid Lady Chatterjee?
5. What is Miss Crane's relationship with Mr. Chaudhuri?
6. In "Miss Crane," what happens to the picture of Ghandi?
7. Why does Sister Ludmilla say Hari went with the police?
8. How does Lady Chatterjee reveal her character when she tells the story of visiting Miss Crane in the hospital?
9. How does Sister Ludmilla describe Daphne in "Sister Ludmilla"?
10. What does "The Jewel in the Crown" mean to Miss Crane?
This section contains 821 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)