|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Miss Crane end up in India?
(a) She was just taking a vacation.
(b) She was pregnant and had to leave home.
(c) She came with her employer.
(d) She was sent by the government.
2. Why is Gandhi arrested in "Miss Crane"?
(a) Congress votes against Britain.
(b) He breaks the assembly law.
(c) He votes in favor of Indians.
(d) He forms his own army.
3. How does Sister Ludmilla treat beggars?
(a) She bakes them cakes and muffins.
(b) She gives them money.
(c) She takes them to jail.
(d) She ignores them.
4. After Sister Ludmilla took Hari to the Sanctuary, who does she say came looking for him?
(a) Miss Crane.
(b) A private investigator.
5. What does Mr. Chaudhuri do to make sure Miss Crane is safe when she drives from Kotari and Mayapore?
(a) He tunes up her car.
(b) He goes with her.
(c) He sends a police escort.
(d) He has someone drive ahead of her.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Miss Crane's servant warn her about going out?
2. How does Lady Chatterjee know Daphne Manners?
3. Why does Sister Ludmilla say Hari often came to the Sanctuary?
4. Who finds Mr. Chaudhuri body after he dies?
5. How far is Kotari from Mayapore?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Lady Chatterjee say happened when she visited with Miss Crane after she was released from the hospital?
2. What is a suttee?
3. In "Miss Crane," what happens to the picture of Ghandi?
4. What is Miss Crane's relationship with Mr. Chaudhuri?
5. How does Miss Crane feel about Gandhi?
6. What does Sister Ludmilla give as possible reasons for the house to burn at Bibighar Gardens?
7. How does Miss Crane feel about the Indian people?
8. In "Sister Ludmilla," what does Sister Ludmilla reveal about Hari's relationship with Daphne?
9. In "MacGregor House," why do some people avoid Lady Chatterjee?
10. How does Lady Chatterjee reveal her character when she tells the story of visiting Miss Crane in the hospital?
This section contains 839 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)