|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Miss Crane fear looters?
(a) For the safety of the Indians.
(b) She values order in society.
(c) They may send her home.
(d) For her own safety.
2. Who runs the "Sanctuary"?
(a) A nurse's assistant.
(b) A nun.
(c) A former teacher.
(d) Miss Crane's sister.
3. What does Sister Ludmilla say about Hari on the night of Daphne's rape?
(a) He was said to have been out of town.
(b) He was helping her with her wards.
(c) He was in jail.
(d) He didn't come to the sanctuary.
4. In the painting called "The Jewel in the Crown," what do the Indians do?
(b) Yard work.
(c) Offer gifts.
(d) Serve the queen.
5. After Sister Ludmilla took Hari to the Sanctuary, who does she say came looking for him?
(c) Miss Crane.
(d) A private investigator.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Miss Crane say about Mahatma Gandhi?
2. How do British people feel about Lady Chatterjee's title in "MacGregor House"?
3. What does Miss Crane do at the end of "Miss Crane"?
4. Why does Lady Chatterjee say she respected Miss Crane?
5. What is the defining feature of Bibighar Gardens?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Miss Crane want to drive from Kotari to Mayapore?
2. How does Lady Chatterjee reveal her character when she tells the story of visiting Miss Crane in the hospital?
3. What does Sister Ludmilla give as possible reasons for the house to burn at Bibighar Gardens?
4. What does Merrick do when he visits the Sanctuary?
5. How does Sister Ludmilla describe Daphne in "Sister Ludmilla"?
6. What is Miss Crane's relationship with Mr. Chaudhuri?
7. In "MacGregor House," what history of the MacGregor House is given?
8. What role does Sister Ludmilla play at the Sanctuary?
9. In "Miss Crane," what happens to the picture of Ghandi?
10. Why is Miss Crane in India?
This section contains 825 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)