|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "MacGregor House," why does Lady Chatterjee say several Indians were arrested?
(a) A crime spree.
(b) A vote in Congress.
(d) The election of a new president.
2. In "Miss Crane," how many teachers are at the Dibrapur school?
3. Why does Miss Crane distrust Mr. Chaudhuri as a teacher?
(a) He seems to dislike children.
(b) He misses a lot of work days.
(c) He is undereducated.
(d) He is too well educated.
4. In "MacGregor House," who visits Lady Chatterjee?
(a) An Englishman.
(b) A Scotsman.
(c) A light-skinned Indian.
(d) A Chinese man.
5. How does Sister Ludmilla support the Sanctuary?
(a) Investments in the American stock market.
(b) Profit from her medical office.
(c) Money from her deceased husband.
(d) No one knows.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Miss Crane suffer from while driving from Kotari to Mayapore?
2. After Gandhi is arrested, how do the schoolchildren get home?
3. Who finds Mr. Chaudhuri body after he dies?
4. Why does Rajendra Singh punch Hari in the face?
5. How does Lady Chatterjee say she was treated when Daphne Manners came to stay with her?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is a suttee?
2. In "MacGregor House," what history of the MacGregor House is given?
3. In "MacGregor House," what does Daphne write to her aunt?
4. How does Lady Chatterjee say she was treated when Daphne moved in with her?
5. How does Sister Ludmilla say she met Hari?
6. Why is Miss Crane in India?
7. How does Lady Chatterjee reveal her character when she tells the story of visiting Miss Crane in the hospital?
8. How does Miss Crane feel about Gandhi?
9. How does Sister Ludmilla describe Daphne in "Sister Ludmilla"?
10. What does Merrick do when he visits the Sanctuary?
This section contains 785 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)