|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mr. Chaudhuri suggest when Miss Crane sees a group of men in the road?
(a) She should give them her car.
(b) He doesn't have a suggestion.
(c) She should turn around.
(d) She should drive through them.
2. What is Miss Crane said to have done to the men looting the town?
(a) Hit them with rocks.
(b) Told them to leave.
(c) To them they were going to hell.
(d) Let them into the school.
3. What does Lady Chatterjee say she saw when she visited Miss Crane after she was out of the hospital?
(a) Unread mail on the table.
(b) Broken glass near the window.
(c) Holes in the floor.
(d) Dark spots on her walls.
4. How do British people feel about Lady Chatterjee's title in "MacGregor House"?
(a) They think it is a fake title.
(b) They don't care.
(c) They are proud.
(d) They are jealous.
5. What does the Sanctuary become after several years in operation?
(a) A homeless shelter.
(b) A school.
(c) A temp office.
(d) An orphanage.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Miss Crane use the painting "The Jewel in the Crown" to teach?
2. What does Sister Ludmilla do every Wednesday?
3. "Miss Crane" is set in the __________.
4. Why does Rajendra Singh punch Hari in the face?
5. What does Sister Ludmilla do for a living?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Merrick do when he visits the Sanctuary?
2. In "MacGregor House," what does Lady Chatterjee say about the night of Daphne's rape?
3. How does Lady Chatterjee reveal her character when she tells the story of visiting Miss Crane in the hospital?
4. What role does Sister Ludmilla play at the Sanctuary?
5. How does Sister Ludmilla say she met Hari?
6. What does Sister Ludmilla say she did to protect Hari from the police?
7. What does Lady Chatterjee say happened when she visited with Miss Crane after she was released from the hospital?
8. What does "The Jewel in the Crown" mean to Miss Crane?
9. What happens to Miss Crane while driving from Kotari to Mayapore in "Miss Crane"?
10. How does Lady Chatterjee describe the "Sanctuary" in "MacGregor House"?
This section contains 831 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)