|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Sister Ludmilla do every Wednesday?
(b) Cashes a check.
(c) Hires new employees.
(d) Goes to church.
2. "Miss Crane" is set in the __________.
3. Why does Miss Crane fear looters?
(a) For her own safety.
(b) They may send her home.
(c) She values order in society.
(d) For the safety of the Indians.
4. In the painting called "The Jewel in the Crown," what do the Indians do?
(a) Yard work.
(c) Serve the queen.
(d) Offer gifts.
5. Why does Miss Crane dislike Mr. Chaudhuri?
(a) His rudeness to her.
(b) His cold behavior.
(c) His lack of professionalism.
(d) His poverty.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the Rajput class compare to others in India?
2. Why does Miss Crane distrust Mr. Chaudhuri as a teacher?
3. Why does Lady Chatterjee say she avoided talking about the "Sanctuary" with Robert?
4. How does Lady Chatterjee say she was treated when Daphne Manners came to stay with her?
5. Where does Daphne Manners meet Robert?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Merrick do when he visits the Sanctuary?
2. What does Lady Chatterjee say happened when she visited with Miss Crane after she was released from the hospital?
3. What does the author reveal about this novel in the first few paragraphs of "Miss Crane"?
4. How does Lady Chatterjee describe the "Sanctuary" in "MacGregor House"?
5. What does Sister Ludmilla say she did to protect Hari from the police?
6. Why does Sister Ludmilla say Hari went with the police?
7. In "Sister Ludmilla," what does Sister Ludmilla reveal about Hari's relationship with Daphne?
8. Why is Miss Crane in India?
9. In "Miss Crane," what happens to the picture of Ghandi?
10. In "MacGregor House," what history of the MacGregor House is given?
This section contains 752 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)