|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "Miss Crane," what is The Indian Congress considering?
(a) Passing laws to tax education.
(b) Firing female teachers.
(c) Hiring only British workers.
(d) Forcing the British out.
2. The crowds in Dibrapur protest because of ___________.
(a) A takeover of public buildings.
(c) A lack of education.
(d) Their poverty.
3. How far is Kotari from Mayapore?
(a) Approximately 70 miles.
(b) Approximately 25 miles.
(c) Approximately 10 miles.
(d) Approximately 200 miles.
4. Why is Gandhi arrested in "Miss Crane"?
(a) Congress votes against Britain.
(b) He votes in favor of Indians.
(c) He breaks the assembly law.
(d) He forms his own army.
5. What position does Miss Crane hold at her school?
(b) Assistant teacher.
(c) Head teacher.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Lady Chatterjee describe her relationship with Parvati?
2. Why does Miss Crane dislike Mr. Chaudhuri?
3. Why does Miss Crane's servant warn her about going out?
4. What type of accent does Sister Ludmilla have?
5. In "MacGregor House," how does Daphne Manners try to make friends?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Lady Chatterjee say she was treated when Daphne moved in with her?
2. What does "The Jewel in the Crown" mean to Miss Crane?
3. Why does Sister Ludmilla say Hari went with the police?
4. In "Sister Ludmilla," what does Sister Ludmilla reveal about Hari's relationship with Daphne?
5. What happens to Miss Crane while driving from Kotari to Mayapore in "Miss Crane"?
6. How does Miss Crane feel about the Indian people?
7. In "MacGregor House," what does Daphne write to her aunt?
8. How does Lady Chatterjee reveal her character when she tells the story of visiting Miss Crane in the hospital?
9. In "MacGregor House," what does Lady Chatterjee say about the night of Daphne's rape?
10. In "Miss Crane," what happens to the picture of Ghandi?
This section contains 793 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)