|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "MacGregor House," why does Lady Chatterjee say she visited Miss Crane after she was out of the hospital?
(a) To see if she needed help.
(b) To take her to work.
(c) To clean her house.
(d) To gossip about their neighbors.
2. The crowds in Dibrapur protest because of ___________.
(b) A lack of education.
(c) A takeover of public buildings.
(d) Their poverty.
3. How did Miss Crane end up in India?
(a) She came with her employer.
(b) She was just taking a vacation.
(c) She was pregnant and had to leave home.
(d) She was sent by the government.
4. What does the narrator say the looters did to Miss Crane?
(a) They stole from her classroom.
(b) They yelled at her.
(c) They hit her.
(d) They left her alone.
5. What does Sister Ludmilla say she thought of Hari when she first met him?
(a) He was mean.
(b) He was ignorant.
(c) He was rich.
(d) He was dead.
Short Answer Questions
1. On the night of Daphne's rape, why does Lady Chatterjee say Robert came to her house?
2. Why is Gandhi arrested in "Miss Crane"?
3. What does Miss Crane do at the end of "Miss Crane"?
4. What is Miss Crane said to have done to the men looting the town?
5. What does Miss Crane say about Mahatma Gandhi?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Sister Ludmilla say she met Hari?
2. What role does Sister Ludmilla play at the Sanctuary?
3. What does Merrick do when he visits the Sanctuary?
4. In "MacGregor House," why do some people avoid Lady Chatterjee?
5. What does "The Jewel in the Crown" mean to Miss Crane?
6. How does Lady Chatterjee describe the "Sanctuary" in "MacGregor House"?
7. How does Miss Crane feel about the Indian people?
8. In "Sister Ludmilla," what does Sister Ludmilla reveal about Hari's relationship with Daphne?
9. How does Sister Ludmilla describe Daphne in "Sister Ludmilla"?
10. In "MacGregor House," what history of the MacGregor House is given?
This section contains 839 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)