|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Sister Ludmilla called "sister"?
(a) She has seven siblings.
(b) She dresses like a nun.
(c) It is her real first name.
(d) She is a nun.
2. What does Miss Crane do with the picture of Mahatma Gandhi?
(a) She burns it.
(b) She takes it off the wall.
(c) She gives it to a friend.
(d) She hangs it in her bedroom.
3. Why is Sister Ludmilla allowed to live at the Sanctuary?
(a) She owns the building.
(b) She is old.
(c) She pays rent.
(d) She isn't allowed to stay there.
4. In "Miss Crane," how many teachers are at the Dibrapur school?
5. What does the narrator say the looters did to Miss Crane?
(a) They left her alone.
(b) They yelled at her.
(c) They stole from her classroom.
(d) They hit her.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Sister Ludmilla say Hari was the first time she met him?
2. What does the Sanctuary become after several years in operation?
3. What does Sister Ludmilla do for a living?
4. How does Lady Chatterjee know Daphne Manners?
5. In "MacGregor House," why does Lady Chatterjee say several Indians were arrested?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Sister Ludmilla describe Daphne in "Sister Ludmilla"?
2. How does Miss Crane feel about the Indian people?
3. What is Miss Crane's relationship with Mr. Chaudhuri?
4. In "MacGregor House," how is Daphne's relationship with Robert developed?
5. How does Sister Ludmilla say she met Hari?
6. Why is Miss Crane in India?
7. What happens to Miss Crane while driving from Kotari to Mayapore in "Miss Crane"?
8. In "MacGregor House," what does Daphne write to her aunt?
9. How does Lady Chatterjee reveal her character when she tells the story of visiting Miss Crane in the hospital?
10. Why does Sister Ludmilla say Hari went with the police?
This section contains 767 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)