|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Miss Crane suffer from while driving from Kotari to Mayapore?
(a) A flu.
(c) A stabbing.
2. How does Lady Chatterjee know Daphne Manners?
(a) She is the niece of friends.
(b) She is a news reporter.
(c) She is the lady's granddaughter.
(d) She is a famous artist.
3. The crowds in Dibrapur protest because of ___________.
(a) Their poverty.
(b) A lack of education.
(d) A takeover of public buildings.
4. In "MacGregor House," how does Daphne Manners try to make friends?
(a) Writing poetry.
(b) Volunteering at the hospital.
(c) Painting in the park.
(d) Working for a lawyer.
5. What does Miss Crane do with the picture of Mahatma Gandhi?
(a) She takes it off the wall.
(b) She hangs it in her bedroom.
(c) She gives it to a friend.
(d) She burns it.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Sister Ludmilla allowed to live at the Sanctuary?
2. Why does Lady Chatterjee say she avoided talking about the "Sanctuary" with Robert?
3. After Gandhi is arrested, how do the schoolchildren get home?
4. In "MacGregor House," what is Daphne Manners's first letter to her family like?
5. On the night of Daphne's rape, why does Lady Chatterjee say Robert came to her house?
Short Essay Questions
1. In "Sister Ludmilla," what does Sister Ludmilla reveal about Hari's relationship with Daphne?
2. Why does Miss Crane want to drive from Kotari to Mayapore?
3. In "MacGregor House," what history of the MacGregor House is given?
4. What role does Sister Ludmilla play at the Sanctuary?
5. How does Lady Chatterjee say she was treated when Daphne moved in with her?
6. What does Sister Ludmilla say she did to protect Hari from the police?
7. What does Sister Ludmilla give as possible reasons for the house to burn at Bibighar Gardens?
8. In "MacGregor House," how is Daphne's relationship with Robert developed?
9. How does Lady Chatterjee describe the "Sanctuary" in "MacGregor House"?
10. Why does Sister Ludmilla say Hari went with the police?
This section contains 829 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)