|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Miss Crane use the painting "The Jewel in the Crown" to teach?
(a) Bible passages.
2. Why does Miss Crane stop entertaining Indian women at her home?
(a) The British forbade her to continue doing so.
(b) She fought with the Indian women.
(c) She ran out of money.
(d) World War II started.
3. What does Sister Ludmilla say she thought of Hari when she first met him?
(a) He was mean.
(b) He was rich.
(c) He was ignorant.
(d) He was dead.
4. Whom does Sister Ludmilla hire to protect her?
(a) A boy.
(b) Her brother.
(c) A retired cop.
(d) An American body guard.
5. In "MacGregor House," why does Lady Chatterjee say she visited Miss Crane after she was out of the hospital?
(a) To see if she needed help.
(b) To clean her house.
(c) To take her to work.
(d) To gossip about their neighbors.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "MacGregor House," what is Daphne Manners's first letter to her family like?
2. How does Lady Chatterjee know Daphne Manners?
3. Why does Miss Crane distrust Mr. Chaudhuri as a teacher?
4. What does Lady Chatterjee say she saw when she visited Miss Crane after she was out of the hospital?
5. Why is Sister Ludmilla allowed to live at the Sanctuary?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Robin White tell the visitor about the role of Britain in India in "Civil and Military"?
2. Why does Sister Ludmilla say Hari went with the police?
3. In "The Bibighar Gardens," how does Daphne describe her relationship with the other British citizens in India?
4. How does Sister Ludmilla say she met Hari?
5. What is the last thing the visitor describes in "The Bibighar Gardens"?
6. In "MacGregor House," how is Daphne's relationship with Robert developed?
7. As a child, what is Hari's life like in England?
8. What role does Daphne's bicycle play in Hari's arrest?
9. What happens when Lady Chatterjee and Mr. Srinivasan first arrive at the club in "An Evening at the Club"?
10. In "MacGregor House," why do some people avoid Lady Chatterjee?
This section contains 839 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)