|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the painting called "The Jewel in the Crown," what do the Indians do?
(a) Yard work.
(b) Offer gifts.
(d) Serve the queen.
2. What does Miss Crane do at the end of "Miss Crane"?
(a) Packs up a picture.
(b) Goes to sleep.
(c) Leaves the hospital.
(d) Sells her car.
3. Who runs the "Sanctuary"?
(a) Miss Crane's sister.
(b) A nurse's assistant.
(c) A nun.
(d) A former teacher.
4. How does Lady Chatterjee say she was treated when Daphne Manners came to stay with her?
(a) She was applauded.
(b) She was teased.
(c) No one seemed to care.
(d) She was ignored.
5. Whom does Daphne Manners tell first after Robert proposes?
(a) Her mother.
(b) Lady Chatterjee.
(c) Robert's sister.
(d) Her aunt.
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of accent does Sister Ludmilla have?
2. What does Mr. Chaudhuri do to make sure Miss Crane is safe when she drives from Kotari and Mayapore?
3. In "MacGregor House," why does Lady Chatterjee say she visited Miss Crane after she was out of the hospital?
4. What does Lady Chatterjee say her first impression of Miss Crane was?
5. In "MacGregor House," why does Lady Chatterjee say several Indians were arrested?
Short Essay Questions
1. In "MacGregor House," what does Lady Chatterjee say about the night of Daphne's rape?
2. What does Sister Ludmilla give as possible reasons for the house to burn at Bibighar Gardens?
3. In "Sister Ludmilla," what does Sister Ludmilla reveal about Hari's relationship with Daphne?
4. In "The Bibighar Gardens," what is revealed about Daphne's dating history with Hari?
5. What is the first story Mr. Srinivasan tells the visitor in "An Evening at the Club"?
6. Why is Miss Crane in India?
7. Why does Miss Crane want to drive from Kotari to Mayapore?
8. What happens to Miss Crane while driving from Kotari to Mayapore in "Miss Crane"?
9. How does "Young Kumar" end?
10. How does Lady Chatterjee reveal her character when she tells the story of visiting Miss Crane in the hospital?
This section contains 814 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)