|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Sister Ludmilla do for a living?
2. In "Miss Crane," how many teachers are at the Dibrapur school?
3. Whom does Daphne Manners tell first after Robert proposes?
(a) Lady Chatterjee.
(b) Her mother.
(c) Robert's sister.
(d) Her aunt.
4. Why does Sister Ludmilla say she didn't know Hari's name when she first met him?
(a) Her hearing was poor.
(b) He didn't have his wallet on him.
(c) He wouldn't tell her.
(d) They spoke different languages.
5. When Sister Ludmilla is interviewed, what does she first talk about?
(a) Her childhood.
(b) Her brothers.
(c) The Sanctuary.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Sister Ludmilla allowed to live at the Sanctuary?
2. Why does Miss Crane dislike Mr. Chaudhuri?
3. What type of accent does Sister Ludmilla have?
4. Lady Chatterjee compares the "Sanctuary" to _____________.
5. How does Lady Chatterjee describe her relationship with Parvati?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Sister Ludmilla say Hari went with the police?
2. How does Lady Chatterjee reveal her character when she tells the story of visiting Miss Crane in the hospital?
3. What role does Sister Ludmilla play at the Sanctuary?
4. What does Sister Ludmilla give as possible reasons for the house to burn at Bibighar Gardens?
5. What is Miss Crane's relationship with Mr. Chaudhuri?
6. Why does Miss Crane want to drive from Kotari to Mayapore?
7. In "MacGregor House," what does Daphne write to her aunt?
8. How does Miss Crane feel about the Indian people?
9. In "MacGregor House," why do some people avoid Lady Chatterjee?
10. What does Lady Chatterjee say happened when she visited with Miss Crane after she was released from the hospital?
This section contains 774 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)