|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Sister Ludmilla say Hari was the first time she met him?
(a) In the back room of a museum.
(b) On her couch after a fight.
(c) Passed out near the river.
(d) Ill in the hospital.
2. In "Sister Ludmilla," why does Hari agree to go to the police station?
(a) To participate in a line up.
(b) To hear his rights.
(c) To make a statement.
(d) To take a lie detector test.
3. In "MacGregor House," who visits Lady Chatterjee?
(a) A Chinese man.
(b) An Englishman.
(c) A light-skinned Indian.
(d) A Scotsman.
4. What does Sister Ludmilla do for a living?
5. Where does Sister Ludmilla remember traveling with her mother?
(c) The Americas.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Sanctuary become after several years in operation?
2. In the painting called "The Jewel in the Crown," what do the Indians do?
3. How does Lady Chatterjee know Daphne Manners?
4. Where does Daphne Manners meet Robert?
5. Why does Lady Chatterjee say the head nurse at the hospital was surprised to see her visiting Miss Crane?
Short Essay Questions
1. In "Sister Ludmilla," what does Sister Ludmilla reveal about Hari's relationship with Daphne?
2. How does Lady Chatterjee describe the "Sanctuary" in "MacGregor House"?
3. How does Miss Crane feel about Gandhi?
4. What does the author reveal about this novel in the first few paragraphs of "Miss Crane"?
5. What does Merrick do when he visits the Sanctuary?
6. In "MacGregor House," what does Daphne write to her aunt?
7. What does Lady Chatterjee say happened when she visited with Miss Crane after she was released from the hospital?
8. What is a suttee?
9. Why does Miss Crane want to drive from Kotari to Mayapore?
10. How does Sister Ludmilla describe Daphne in "Sister Ludmilla"?
This section contains 734 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)