|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Miss Crane die?
(a) A looter's attack.
(c) In a natural disaster.
2. What does Sister Ludmilla do for a living?
3. In "MacGregor House," how does Daphne Manners try to make friends?
(a) Volunteering at the hospital.
(b) Writing poetry.
(c) Working for a lawyer.
(d) Painting in the park.
4. What does the Sanctuary become after several years in operation?
(a) A temp office.
(b) A school.
(c) A homeless shelter.
(d) An orphanage.
5. Where does Daphne Manners meet Robert?
(b) A private club.
(c) A church.
(d) The gardens.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Miss Crane fear looters?
2. Who does Robert work for?
3. Whom does Sister Ludmilla hire to protect her?
4. Where did the builder of the MacGregor House gain his wealth?
5. What does Sister Ludmilla say she thought of Hari when she first met him?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is a suttee?
2. In "MacGregor House," why do some people avoid Lady Chatterjee?
3. How does Lady Chatterjee say she was treated when Daphne moved in with her?
4. In "Miss Crane," what is revealed about Miss Crane's relationship with looters?
5. What does Sister Ludmilla say she did to protect Hari from the police?
6. What role does Daphne's bicycle play in Hari's arrest?
7. What happens when Lady Chatterjee and Mr. Srinivasan first arrive at the club in "An Evening at the Club"?
8. What do Mr. Srinivasan and Lady Chatterjee do after dinner in "An Evening at the Club"?
9. In "The Bibighar Gardens," what is the issue people are most concerned with surrounding Daphne's pregnancy?
10. What is the first story Mr. Srinivasan tells the visitor in "An Evening at the Club"?
This section contains 741 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)