|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How are the Indians who go to Gymkhana Club described?
(a) Young businessmen.
(b) Beautiful women.
(c) Aging professionals.
(d) Military men.
2. What year is it when Hari sees Colin in India?
3. In "Civil and Military," why does Robin White say his memory of India may be poor?
(a) He hasn't been there in years.
(b) He has blocked it all out.
(c) He has been sick.
(d) He lived it through a white man's perspective.
4. What do Daphne's journal entries suggest about Kumar's role in the violence in "Civil and Military"?
(a) He was physically injured during a riot.
(b) He knew who started it.
(c) He did not plan it.
(d) He was the mastermind behind it.
5. How does Hari feel upon first arriving in India in "Young Kumar"?
6. In "An Evening at the Club," who is Hari said to be living with in India?
(a) His sister.
(b) His uncle.
(c) His aunt.
(d) His cousin.
7. In "An Evening at the Club," what jobs do most of the British hold in the area?
(d) Military leaders.
8. Why does Vidyasagar print his own pamphlet?
(a) To publicize the wrongdoings of the British.
(b) To run for public office.
(c) To ask the judge to let him out on bail.
(d) To protest the arrests of his friends.
9. How does Terry Grigson treat Lady Chatterjee when she arrives at the club in "An Evening at the Club"?
(a) He ignores her.
(b) He is kind to her.
(c) He is mean to her.
(d) He shakes her hand, but won't speak to her.
10. Who authorizes the Indian infantry division in "Civil and Military"?
(a) The British army.
(b) The Indian army.
(c) The Royal army.
(d) The United States army.
11. Where does Hari find his first job in India?
(a) He starts his own business.
(b) A university.
(c) The government.
(d) A newspaper.
12. Who invited Mr. Srinivasan to the club for the first time in "An Evening at the Club"?
(a) A member of the Indian army.
(b) Lady Chatterjee.
(c) He went by himself.
(d) Robin White.
13. Into how many sections is "Civil and Military" divided?
14. What does Reid first suggest to Robin White in "Civil and Military"?
(a) To spend more on weapons.
(b) To decrease the number in the army.
(c) To use a strong hand.
(d) To hire an outside firm.
15. In "Young Kumar," why does Hari believe he could succeed in India?
(a) His accent.
(b) His family's connections.
(c) His education.
(d) His father's money.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Mr. Srinivasan and Lady Chatterjee do after finishing dinner in "An Evening at the Club"?
2. Who joins Mr. Srinivasan, Lady Chatterjee, and the visitor at MacGregor House in "An Evening at the Club"?
3. Why does the British woman in "An Evening at the Club" ignore Lady Chatterjee?
4. When does Mr. Srinivasan say he first met Hari?
5. In "Civil and Military," what is the first thing Reid talks to Robin White about?
This section contains 563 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)