|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "Young Kumar," to whom does Hari give most of his earnings?
(c) The church.
(d) His aunt.
2. How does Hari feel upon first arriving in India in "Young Kumar"?
3. In "An Evening at the Club," what jobs do most of the British hold in the area?
(d) Military leaders.
4. What year is it when Hari sees Colin in India?
5. In "An Evening at the Club," who is Hari said to be living with in India?
(a) His cousin.
(b) His aunt.
(c) His uncle.
(d) His sister.
6. Where does Hari find his first job in India?
(a) He starts his own business.
(b) A university.
(c) A newspaper.
(d) The government.
7. Where is Hari's first job interview in India?
(a) An electric company.
(b) A school.
(c) A newspaper.
(d) A train corporation.
8. In "Young Kumar," what does the narrator say Hari's father's inheritance was contingent upon?
(a) His becoming a laywer.
(b) His marrying an American.
(c) His staying in India.
(d) His traveling to England.
9. How is Reid's assignment changed in "Civil and Military"?
(a) He is given a more active role in World War II.
(b) He is given a desk job.
(c) He is made supervisor.
(d) He is transferred to China.
10. Why is Brigadier A.V. Reid sent to help with the creation of the Indian infantry division?
(a) He is told to handle the administrative work.
(b) He creates effective army models.
(c) He is told to oversee it.
(d) He was fired from his job in Ireland.
11. In "Civil and Military," what is the first thing Reid talks to Robin White about?
(a) How to get Indians to join the infantry.
(b) The role of the United States in India.
(c) The chance of buying new weapons.
(d) The likelihood of unrest.
12. In "An Evening at the Club," why does Mr. Srinivasan say many Indian companies hire British?
(a) To act as figureheads.
(b) Because of the money they have.
(c) Because Indians struggle to run their own businesses.
(d) To avoid trouble with the government.
13. What year is it in the beginning of "Civil and Military"?
14. In "Civil and Military," how does Robin White describe Britain's relationship with India?
(a) Like a brother and sister.
(b) Like a mother and infant.
(c) Like a father and child.
(d) Like an uncle and nephew.
15. How old was Hari when his father died?
Short Answer Questions
1. In "An Evening at the Club," who arrives with the visitor at Gymkhana Club?
2. In "Civil and Military," why does the army use banners?
3. In "Young Kumar," why does Hari believe he could succeed in India?
4. In "Civil and Military," why do people protest after Hari and his friends are arrested?
5. Why is Mr. Srinivasan described as being a non-military Indian?
This section contains 518 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)