Final Test - Easy
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "An Evening at the Club," what does the visitor recognize while driving to MacGregor House?
(a) A cemetery.
(b) A river.
(c) A government building.
(d) A wall.
2. In "Young Kumar," how does Colin feel about joining the army?
(a) He admits he only did it to travel.
(b) He is proud of it.
(c) He admits he only did it to avoid going to jail.
(d) He is ashamed of joining.
3. How are the Indians who go to Gymkhana Club described?
(a) Beautiful women.
(b) Military men.
(c) Young businessmen.
(d) Aging professionals.
4. Why does the British woman in "An Evening at the Club" ignore Lady Chatterjee?
(a) She doesn't ignore Lady Chatterjee.
(b) She isn't allowed to speak to her.
(c) Lady Chatterjee is Indian.
(d) She doesn't see her.
5. In "Young Kumar," to whom does Hari give most of his earnings?
(a) The church.
(c) His aunt.
6. According to the narrator, how old was Hari when he was brought to England?
7. In "An Evening at the Club," why does Mr. Srinivasan say many Indian companies hire British?
(a) To avoid trouble with the government.
(b) Because Indians struggle to run their own businesses.
(c) To act as figureheads.
(d) Because of the money they have.
8. What year is it in the beginning of "Civil and Military"?
9. Who joins Mr. Srinivasan, Lady Chatterjee, and the visitor at MacGregor House in "An Evening at the Club"?
(b) No one joins them.
(c) Robin White.
(d) The visitor's girlfriend.
10. What does Mr. Srinivasan do for a living?
11. What is Reid's first impression of White?
(a) He thinks too much.
(b) He has little experience.
(c) He doesn't know enough about war.
(d) He doesn't use logic.
12. In "Young Kumar," what does the narrator say Hari's father's inheritance was contingent upon?
(a) His becoming a laywer.
(b) His staying in India.
(c) His traveling to England.
(d) His marrying an American.
13. In "An Evening at the Club," how does Lady Chatterjee feel about the removal of the British authorities?
(a) She says she misses the British influence.
(b) She says she can't make up her mind yet.
(c) She says she is glad the British are gone.
(d) She doesn't share her opinion.
14. In "An Evening at the Club," what is Gymkhana Club said to represent?
(c) Indian independence.
(d) England's rule.
15. Where does the narrator say Hari's father gained his wealth?
(b) The United States.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "An Evening at the Club," what jobs do most of the British hold in the area?
2. Why does Vidyasagar print his own pamphlet?
3. Hari's father changed his last name to _________.
4. Why does Robin White no longer go to Gymkhana Club?
5. How does Hari know Colin Lindsey?
This section contains 496 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)