|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does the visitor spend time at the temple in "An Evening at the Club"?
(a) He doesn't spend any time at the temple.
(b) He wants to photograph it.
(c) Lady Chatterjee insists.
(d) It has a connection to Daphne.
2. Why does the British woman in "An Evening at the Club" ignore Lady Chatterjee?
(a) She doesn't see her.
(b) She doesn't ignore Lady Chatterjee.
(c) Lady Chatterjee is Indian.
(d) She isn't allowed to speak to her.
3. In "An Evening at the Club," who arrives with the visitor at Gymkhana Club?
(a) He arrives alone.
(b) Lady Chatterjee.
(c) Mr. Srinivasan.
(d) Robin White.
4. How does Chillianwallah Bagh compare to other Indian neighborhoods?
(a) It is less comfortable than most.
(b) It is more dangerous than most.
(c) It is more comfortable than most.
(d) It is less dangerous than most.
5. Where is Hari's first job interview in India?
(a) A school.
(b) A newspaper.
(c) A train corporation.
(d) An electric company.
6. How did Hari's father choose his wife?
(a) He took out a personal ad.
(b) She was his first girlfriend.
(c) He had his best friend choose.
(d) She was chosen for him by his family.
7. In "An Evening at the Club," how does Lady Chatterjee feel about the removal of the British authorities?
(a) She says she misses the British influence.
(b) She says she is glad the British are gone.
(c) She says she can't make up her mind yet.
(d) She doesn't share her opinion.
8. What year is it when Hari sees Colin in India?
9. When Reid first hears of Daphne's rape, whom does he blame?
(a) He says Daphne is lying.
(b) The rioting groups of men.
(c) Hari's friends.
10. How does Mr. Srinivasan say he learned that Hari was going to be questioned by the police?
(a) Hari wrote him a letter from jail.
(b) He didn't find out until after the questioning happened.
(c) Sister Ludmilla told him.
(d) He was asked to do the questioning.
11. How did Hari's father die?
(a) He committed suicide.
(d) A car accident.
12. Where does the narrator say Hari's father gained his wealth?
(d) The United States.
13. Why is Brigadier A.V. Reid sent to help with the creation of the Indian infantry division?
(a) He was fired from his job in Ireland.
(b) He is told to oversee it.
(c) He is told to handle the administrative work.
(d) He creates effective army models.
14. Into how many sections is "Civil and Military" divided?
15. In "An Evening at the Club," who is Hari said to be living with in India?
(a) His sister.
(b) His uncle.
(c) His aunt.
(d) His cousin.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who invited Mr. Srinivasan to the club for the first time in "An Evening at the Club"?
2. What does Reid first suggest to Robin White in "Civil and Military"?
3. Why is Mr. Srinivasan described as being a non-military Indian?
4. How is Reid's assignment changed in "Civil and Military"?
5. What year is it in the beginning of "Civil and Military"?
This section contains 563 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)