|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Robert work for?
(a) The local newspaper.
(b) The legislature.
(c) The police.
(d) The British.
2. Why does Lady Chatterjee say she respected Miss Crane?
(a) Because of her education.
(b) Because of her courage.
(c) Because of her physical strength.
(d) Because of her faith.
3. What does Mr. Chaudhuri suggest when Miss Crane sees a group of men in the road?
(a) She should drive through them.
(b) He doesn't have a suggestion.
(c) She should give them her car.
(d) She should turn around.
4. Why do the police try to stop Miss Crane from driving from Kotari to Mayapore?
(a) She is a poor driver.
(b) The road had been damaged.
(c) There may be looters.
(d) There is no place to stop inbetween.
5. How does Sister Ludmilla treat beggars?
(a) She bakes them cakes and muffins.
(b) She gives them money.
(c) She ignores them.
(d) She takes them to jail.
6. In "MacGregor House," who visits Lady Chatterjee?
(a) An Englishman.
(b) A Scotsman.
(c) A light-skinned Indian.
(d) A Chinese man.
7. Why does Miss Crane fear looters?
(a) She values order in society.
(b) For the safety of the Indians.
(c) For her own safety.
(d) They may send her home.
8. Where does Miss Crane teach?
(a) Indian homes.
(b) Catholic schools.
(c) Prostestant schools.
(d) Private universities.
9. In "Sister Ludmilla," why does Hari agree to go to the police station?
(a) To take a lie detector test.
(b) To hear his rights.
(c) To participate in a line up.
(d) To make a statement.
10. In the painting called "The Jewel in the Crown," what do the Indians do?
(b) Offer gifts.
(c) Serve the queen.
(d) Yard work.
11. Why does Miss Crane distrust Mr. Chaudhuri as a teacher?
(a) He misses a lot of work days.
(b) He seems to dislike children.
(c) He is undereducated.
(d) He is too well educated.
12. Why does Lady Chatterjee say the head nurse at the hospital was surprised to see her visiting Miss Crane?
(a) It was after hours.
(b) She had been fighting with Miss Crane.
(c) It was against the rules.
(d) Miss Crane requested no visitors.
13. How does Miss Crane die?
(b) In a natural disaster.
(d) A looter's attack.
14. In "MacGregor House," why does Lady Chatterjee say several Indians were arrested?
(a) A crime spree.
(b) A vote in Congress.
(c) The election of a new president.
15. What does Miss Crane say about Mahatma Gandhi?
(a) He is inviting a Japanese invasion.
(b) He has always respected her.
(c) He is undermining her work.
(d) He will stop the war.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Rajendra Singh punch Hari in the face?
2. Where does Sister Ludmilla remember traveling with her mother?
3. Why does Miss Crane dislike Mr. Chaudhuri?
4. What does Miss Crane suffer from while driving from Kotari to Mayapore?
5. What does Miss Crane do at the end of "Miss Crane"?
This section contains 498 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)