|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Sister Ludmilla say about Hari on the night of Daphne's rape?
(a) He was said to have been out of town.
(b) He was in jail.
(c) He was helping her with her wards.
(d) He didn't come to the sanctuary.
2. How does Lady Chatterjee know Daphne Manners?
(a) She is the niece of friends.
(b) She is the lady's granddaughter.
(c) She is a news reporter.
(d) She is a famous artist.
3. What does the narrator say happened to the house at Bibighar Gardens?
(a) It was burned.
(b) It was foreclosed upon.
(c) It was never finished.
(d) It was stripped after the owner died.
4. Why is Gandhi arrested in "Miss Crane"?
(a) Congress votes against Britain.
(b) He votes in favor of Indians.
(c) He forms his own army.
(d) He breaks the assembly law.
5. How did Miss Crane end up in India?
(a) She came with her employer.
(b) She was pregnant and had to leave home.
(c) She was sent by the government.
(d) She was just taking a vacation.
6. How do British people feel about Lady Chatterjee's title in "MacGregor House"?
(a) They don't care.
(b) They are proud.
(c) They are jealous.
(d) They think it is a fake title.
7. What does the narrator say the looters did to Miss Crane?
(a) They yelled at her.
(b) They left her alone.
(c) They stole from her classroom.
(d) They hit her.
8. In "MacGregor House," why does Lady Chatterjee say she visited Miss Crane after she was out of the hospital?
(a) To gossip about their neighbors.
(b) To take her to work.
(c) To see if she needed help.
(d) To clean her house.
9. The crowds in Dibrapur protest because of ___________.
(a) A takeover of public buildings.
(c) Their poverty.
(d) A lack of education.
10. What does Sister Ludmilla say she thought of Hari when she first met him?
(a) He was mean.
(b) He was dead.
(c) He was ignorant.
(d) He was rich.
11. In "MacGregor House," how does Daphne Manners try to make friends?
(a) Volunteering at the hospital.
(b) Working for a lawyer.
(c) Writing poetry.
(d) Painting in the park.
12. In "Miss Crane," why does the author mention The Bibighar Gardens?
(a) It is where Miss Crane lives.
(b) It is his hometown.
(c) It is the capital city.
(d) A crime will occur there later in the book.
13. How far is Kotari from Mayapore?
(a) Approximately 25 miles.
(b) Approximately 70 miles.
(c) Approximately 10 miles.
(d) Approximately 200 miles.
14. What does Lady Chatterjee say made her husband special?
(a) He died for his country.
(b) He let her make her own money.
(c) He spoke five languages.
(d) He was knighted.
15. Whom does Daphne Manners tell first after Robert proposes?
(a) Lady Chatterjee.
(b) Her mother.
(c) Robert's sister.
(d) Her aunt.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Sanctuary become after several years in operation?
2. In "MacGregor House," what is Daphne Manners's first letter to her family like?
3. Why does Sister Ludmilla say Merrick once told her to keep everyone on lock down at the Sanctuary?
4. According to Sister Ludmilla, what did she call Hari when Merrick came to visit?
5. How does Sister Ludmilla treat beggars?
This section contains 560 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)