|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When does Lady Chatterjee say Robert told her about his proposal to Daphne?
(a) After they learn of her rape.
(b) Before they learn of her rape.
(c) He doesn't tell her, but Daphne does.
(d) He doesn't tell her, but Hari does.
2. "Miss Crane" is set in the __________.
3. In the painting called "The Jewel in the Crown," what do the Indians do?
(b) Offer gifts.
(c) Serve the queen.
(d) Yard work.
4. How does Sister Ludmilla support the Sanctuary?
(a) Money from her deceased husband.
(b) No one knows.
(c) Profit from her medical office.
(d) Investments in the American stock market.
5. Why do the police try to stop Miss Crane from driving from Kotari to Mayapore?
(a) There is no place to stop inbetween.
(b) She is a poor driver.
(c) The road had been damaged.
(d) There may be looters.
6. When Sister Ludmilla is interviewed, what does she first talk about?
(b) Her childhood.
(c) The Sanctuary.
(d) Her brothers.
7. What does Miss Crane do at the end of "Miss Crane"?
(a) Sells her car.
(b) Packs up a picture.
(c) Goes to sleep.
(d) Leaves the hospital.
8. Why does Miss Crane's servant warn her about going out?
(a) He wants to frighten her.
(b) He wants to protect her.
(c) He doesn't warn her.
(d) He wants to trick her.
9. In "Miss Crane," what is The Indian Congress considering?
(a) Firing female teachers.
(b) Hiring only British workers.
(c) Forcing the British out.
(d) Passing laws to tax education.
10. How did Miss Crane end up in India?
(a) She was sent by the government.
(b) She was just taking a vacation.
(c) She was pregnant and had to leave home.
(d) She came with her employer.
11. In "MacGregor House," why does Lady Chatterjee say she visited Miss Crane after she was out of the hospital?
(a) To take her to work.
(b) To clean her house.
(c) To gossip about their neighbors.
(d) To see if she needed help.
12. In "MacGregor House," what is Daphne Manners's first letter to her family like?
(a) It introduces Robert.
(b) It describes the neighbors.
(c) It gives her impression of the place.
(d) It expresses her desire to return home.
13. What does Lady Chatterjee say her first impression of Miss Crane was?
(a) She thought she was pretty.
(b) She was distrustful of her education.
(c) She liked her very much.
(d) She disliked her.
14. Why does Lady Chatterjee say she respected Miss Crane?
(a) Because of her faith.
(b) Because of her courage.
(c) Because of her education.
(d) Because of her physical strength.
15. How does Lady Chatterjee say she was treated when Daphne Manners came to stay with her?
(a) No one seemed to care.
(b) She was teased.
(c) She was applauded.
(d) She was ignored.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Lady Chatterjee say Daphne Manners went with Hari their first time in public?
2. In "MacGregor House," how does Daphne Manners try to make friends?
3. Why does Miss Crane dislike Mr. Chaudhuri?
4. What does Lady Chatterjee say made her husband special?
5. In "Miss Crane," why does the author mention The Bibighar Gardens?
This section contains 554 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)