|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who finds Mr. Chaudhuri body after he dies?
(a) An Indian child.
(c) Miss Crane.
(d) His daughter.
2. Whom does Daphne Manners tell first after Robert proposes?
(a) Her mother.
(b) Robert's sister.
(c) Lady Chatterjee.
(d) Her aunt.
3. Whom does Sister Ludmilla hire to protect her?
(a) Her brother.
(b) A retired cop.
(c) A boy.
(d) An American body guard.
4. How do British people feel about Lady Chatterjee's title in "MacGregor House"?
(a) They are jealous.
(b) They are proud.
(c) They think it is a fake title.
(d) They don't care.
5. What does the narrator say happened to the house at Bibighar Gardens?
(a) It was foreclosed upon.
(b) It was stripped after the owner died.
(c) It was never finished.
(d) It was burned.
6. What does Lady Chatterjee say made her husband special?
(a) He died for his country.
(b) He was knighted.
(c) He let her make her own money.
(d) He spoke five languages.
7. In "Sister Ludmilla," what does Sister Ludmilla say about the house at Bibighar Gardens?
(a) It was never built.
(b) It was never burned down.
(c) It was probably burned down for scandalous reasons.
(d) It was taken apart by bandits before the fire.
8. How does Mr. Chaudhuri die?
(a) A car accident.
(b) He is beaten to death.
(c) He poisons himself.
(d) A stray bullet.
9. How does Lady Chatterjee know Daphne Manners?
(a) She is a famous artist.
(b) She is a news reporter.
(c) She is the lady's granddaughter.
(d) She is the niece of friends.
10. What type of accent does Sister Ludmilla have?
11. What does Sister Ludmilla say about Hari on the night of Daphne's rape?
(a) He was in jail.
(b) He was said to have been out of town.
(c) He didn't come to the sanctuary.
(d) He was helping her with her wards.
12. Why does Miss Crane dislike Mr. Chaudhuri?
(a) His cold behavior.
(b) His poverty.
(c) His lack of professionalism.
(d) His rudeness to her.
13. Where does Daphne Manners meet Robert?
(a) The gardens.
(c) A private club.
(d) A church.
14. What does the Sanctuary become after several years in operation?
(a) A school.
(b) A temp office.
(c) A homeless shelter.
(d) An orphanage.
15. Why is Gandhi arrested in "Miss Crane"?
(a) He votes in favor of Indians.
(b) He breaks the assembly law.
(c) Congress votes against Britain.
(d) He forms his own army.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Lady Chatterjee say she avoided talking about the "Sanctuary" with Robert?
2. What does Miss Crane use the painting "The Jewel in the Crown" to teach?
3. What does Sister Ludmilla do every Wednesday?
4. How does Miss Crane die?
5. In "MacGregor House," what is Daphne Manners's first letter to her family like?
This section contains 474 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)