|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the narrator say happened to the house at Bibighar Gardens?
(a) It was never finished.
(b) It was foreclosed upon.
(c) It was stripped after the owner died.
(d) It was burned.
2. Why does Sister Ludmilla say Hari often came to the Sanctuary?
(a) To volutneer.
(b) To thank her.
(c) To visit Daphne.
(d) To hide from police.
3. What does Mr. Chaudhuri do to make sure Miss Crane is safe when she drives from Kotari and Mayapore?
(a) He goes with her.
(b) He sends a police escort.
(c) He has someone drive ahead of her.
(d) He tunes up her car.
4. What does Miss Crane suffer from while driving from Kotari to Mayapore?
(a) A stabbing.
(c) A flu.
5. Why does Miss Crane's servant warn her about going out?
(a) He doesn't warn her.
(b) He wants to trick her.
(c) He wants to protect her.
(d) He wants to frighten her.
6. Why does Rajendra Singh punch Hari in the face?
(a) He thinks Hari is robbing him.
(b) He thinks Hari is someone else.
(c) He thinks Hari is resisting the police.
(d) He thinks Hari was rude to his sister.
7. What does Lady Chatterjee say she saw when she visited Miss Crane after she was out of the hospital?
(a) Holes in the floor.
(b) Unread mail on the table.
(c) Dark spots on her walls.
(d) Broken glass near the window.
8. Why does Lady Chatterjee say the head nurse at the hospital was surprised to see her visiting Miss Crane?
(a) Miss Crane requested no visitors.
(b) She had been fighting with Miss Crane.
(c) It was after hours.
(d) It was against the rules.
9. In "Miss Crane," why does the author mention The Bibighar Gardens?
(a) It is his hometown.
(b) It is where Miss Crane lives.
(c) A crime will occur there later in the book.
(d) It is the capital city.
10. In "MacGregor House," why does Lady Chatterjee say she visited Miss Crane after she was out of the hospital?
(a) To gossip about their neighbors.
(b) To clean her house.
(c) To see if she needed help.
(d) To take her to work.
11. How does Sister Ludmilla support the Sanctuary?
(a) Investments in the American stock market.
(b) Profit from her medical office.
(c) Money from her deceased husband.
(d) No one knows.
12. Why does Sister Ludmilla say Merrick once told her to keep everyone on lock down at the Sanctuary?
(a) He was looking for someone specific.
(b) He needed to get a head count.
(c) He was preparing for a flood.
(d) He had news of a bomb threat.
13. What does Sister Ludmilla say she thought of Hari when she first met him?
(a) He was mean.
(b) He was dead.
(c) He was ignorant.
(d) He was rich.
14. Where does Lady Chatterjee say Daphne Manners went with Hari their first time in public?
(a) A library.
(b) A cafe.
(c) A temple.
(d) A government building.
15. What does the narrator say the looters did to Miss Crane?
(a) They left her alone.
(b) They hit her.
(c) They yelled at her.
(d) They stole from her classroom.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Lady Chatterjee say she avoided talking about the "Sanctuary" with Robert?
2. Whom does Daphne Manners tell first after Robert proposes?
3. In "MacGregor House," how does Daphne Manners try to make friends?
4. According to Sister Ludmilla, what did she call Hari when Merrick came to visit?
5. What does Sister Ludmilla say about Daphne's behavior after her rape?
This section contains 605 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)