|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What position does Miss Crane hold at her school?
(a) Assistant teacher.
(d) Head teacher.
2. Who finds Mr. Chaudhuri body after he dies?
(a) An Indian child.
(c) Miss Crane.
(d) His daughter.
3. Why does Miss Crane dislike Mr. Chaudhuri?
(a) His cold behavior.
(b) His poverty.
(c) His lack of professionalism.
(d) His rudeness to her.
4. What does Lady Chatterjee say made her husband special?
(a) He died for his country.
(b) He let her make her own money.
(c) He spoke five languages.
(d) He was knighted.
5. Why do the police try to stop Miss Crane from driving from Kotari to Mayapore?
(a) There is no place to stop inbetween.
(b) The road had been damaged.
(c) She is a poor driver.
(d) There may be looters.
6. How does Sister Ludmilla treat beggars?
(a) She gives them money.
(b) She takes them to jail.
(c) She bakes them cakes and muffins.
(d) She ignores them.
7. Where does Sister Ludmilla remember traveling with her mother?
(a) The Americas.
8. What type of accent does Sister Ludmilla have?
9. What does Sister Ludmilla say about Hari on the night of Daphne's rape?
(a) He was helping her with her wards.
(b) He didn't come to the sanctuary.
(c) He was in jail.
(d) He was said to have been out of town.
10. What does Miss Crane do at the end of "Miss Crane"?
(a) Sells her car.
(b) Packs up a picture.
(c) Goes to sleep.
(d) Leaves the hospital.
11. Why does Miss Crane's servant warn her about going out?
(a) He wants to trick her.
(b) He doesn't warn her.
(c) He wants to protect her.
(d) He wants to frighten her.
12. What does Sister Ludmilla say about Daphne's behavior after her rape?
(a) She wouldn't work with the police.
(b) She became isolated.
(c) She lost herself in volunteer work.
(d) She seemed to be the same.
13. Who runs the "Sanctuary"?
(a) Miss Crane's sister.
(b) A nun.
(c) A nurse's assistant.
(d) A former teacher.
14. How does Sister Ludmilla support the Sanctuary?
(a) Profit from her medical office.
(b) No one knows.
(c) Money from her deceased husband.
(d) Investments in the American stock market.
15. In "Miss Crane," how often did Miss Crane entertain Indian women at her home?
(b) Once every two weeks.
(c) Once a month.
(d) Once a week.
Short Answer Questions
1. After Gandhi is arrested, how do the schoolchildren get home?
2. Why does Miss Crane stop entertaining Indian women at her home?
3. What does Mr. Chaudhuri do to make sure Miss Crane is safe when she drives from Kotari and Mayapore?
4. In "MacGregor House," why does Lady Chatterjee say several Indians were arrested?
5. In "Miss Crane," what is The Indian Congress considering?
This section contains 519 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)