|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The crowds in Dibrapur protest because of ___________.
(a) A takeover of public buildings.
(c) Their poverty.
(d) A lack of education.
2. What does Miss Crane say about Mahatma Gandhi?
(a) He will stop the war.
(b) He is undermining her work.
(c) He is inviting a Japanese invasion.
(d) He has always respected her.
3. In "Miss Crane," how often did Miss Crane entertain Indian women at her home?
(a) Once a month.
(c) Once every two weeks.
(d) Once a week.
4. "Miss Crane" is set in the __________.
5. In "MacGregor House," what is Daphne Manners's first letter to her family like?
(a) It expresses her desire to return home.
(b) It describes the neighbors.
(c) It introduces Robert.
(d) It gives her impression of the place.
6. Lady Chatterjee compares the "Sanctuary" to _____________.
(a) A school.
(b) A hospital.
(c) A library.
(d) An apartment building.
7. Why does Miss Crane distrust Mr. Chaudhuri as a teacher?
(a) He is too well educated.
(b) He seems to dislike children.
(c) He is undereducated.
(d) He misses a lot of work days.
8. Why does Lady Chatterjee say she avoided talking about the "Sanctuary" with Robert?
(a) It was for women only.
(b) He disapproved of it.
(c) He didn't understand it.
(d) Daphne asked her to keep it secret.
9. How does Lady Chatterjee describe her relationship with Parvati?
(a) She says Parvati is her ward.
(b) She says Parvati is her great-niece.
(c) She says Parvati is her friend.
(d) She says Parvati is her servant.
10. Where did the builder of the MacGregor House gain his wealth?
(a) The United States.
11. Why do the police try to stop Miss Crane from driving from Kotari to Mayapore?
(a) The road had been damaged.
(b) There may be looters.
(c) She is a poor driver.
(d) There is no place to stop inbetween.
12. Where does Sister Ludmilla remember traveling with her mother?
(a) The Americas.
13. Who is said to haunt the MacGregor House?
(a) The builder's wife.
(b) The gardener.
(c) A original owner.
(d) The builder.
14. Who does Robert work for?
(a) The local newspaper.
(b) The British.
(c) The legislature.
(d) The police.
15. What does Miss Crane do at the end of "Miss Crane"?
(a) Sells her car.
(b) Leaves the hospital.
(c) Goes to sleep.
(d) Packs up a picture.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who runs the "Sanctuary"?
2. Why does Sister Ludmilla say she didn't know Hari's name when she first met him?
3. What does Miss Crane use the painting "The Jewel in the Crown" to teach?
4. Whom does Daphne Manners tell first after Robert proposes?
5. What does Lady Chatterjee say she saw when she visited Miss Crane after she was out of the hospital?
This section contains 474 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)