|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Sister Ludmilla say Hari often came to the Sanctuary?
(a) To hide from police.
(b) To volutneer.
(c) To thank her.
(d) To visit Daphne.
2. What does the narrator say the looters did to Miss Crane?
(a) They hit her.
(b) They stole from her classroom.
(c) They yelled at her.
(d) They left her alone.
3. Lady Chatterjee compares the "Sanctuary" to _____________.
(a) An apartment building.
(b) A hospital.
(c) A school.
(d) A library.
4. Whom does Daphne Manners tell first after Robert proposes?
(a) Robert's sister.
(b) Lady Chatterjee.
(c) Her mother.
(d) Her aunt.
5. Who finds Mr. Chaudhuri body after he dies?
(a) His daughter.
(b) An Indian child.
(d) Miss Crane.
6. What does Miss Crane do at the end of "Miss Crane"?
(a) Leaves the hospital.
(b) Sells her car.
(c) Packs up a picture.
(d) Goes to sleep.
7. In "MacGregor House," what is Daphne Manners's first letter to her family like?
(a) It introduces Robert.
(b) It gives her impression of the place.
(c) It expresses her desire to return home.
(d) It describes the neighbors.
8. Why does Miss Crane fear looters?
(a) For her own safety.
(b) They may send her home.
(c) She values order in society.
(d) For the safety of the Indians.
9. What does Lady Chatterjee say her first impression of Miss Crane was?
(a) She thought she was pretty.
(b) She was distrustful of her education.
(c) She disliked her.
(d) She liked her very much.
10. What is the defining feature of Bibighar Gardens?
(a) The fountain.
(b) The guest house.
(c) The wall.
(d) The stone path.
11. What does Sister Ludmilla do every Wednesday?
(b) Hires new employees.
(c) Cashes a check.
(d) Goes to church.
12. What does the narrator say happened to the house at Bibighar Gardens?
(a) It was never finished.
(b) It was stripped after the owner died.
(c) It was foreclosed upon.
(d) It was burned.
13. What does Sister Ludmilla say she thought of Hari when she first met him?
(a) He was ignorant.
(b) He was mean.
(c) He was rich.
(d) He was dead.
14. Who does Robert work for?
(a) The British.
(b) The legislature.
(c) The local newspaper.
(d) The police.
15. How far is Kotari from Mayapore?
(a) Approximately 200 miles.
(b) Approximately 25 miles.
(c) Approximately 70 miles.
(d) Approximately 10 miles.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "Sister Ludmilla," why does Hari agree to go to the police station?
2. "Miss Crane" is set in the __________.
3. How does Sister Ludmilla support the Sanctuary?
4. Who is said to haunt the MacGregor House?
5. What does Mr. Chaudhuri suggest when Miss Crane sees a group of men in the road?
This section contains 455 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)