|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the defining feature of Bibighar Gardens?
(a) The guest house.
(b) The stone path.
(c) The fountain.
(d) The wall.
2. How does Lady Chatterjee say she was treated when Daphne Manners came to stay with her?
(a) No one seemed to care.
(b) She was applauded.
(c) She was teased.
(d) She was ignored.
3. Who is said to haunt the MacGregor House?
(a) A original owner.
(b) The builder.
(c) The builder's wife.
(d) The gardener.
4. Who does Robert work for?
(a) The police.
(b) The legislature.
(c) The local newspaper.
(d) The British.
5. Sister Ludmilla says her mother always gave money to ____________.
(c) The arts.
6. "Miss Crane" is set in the __________.
7. Where does Sister Ludmilla remember traveling with her mother?
(c) The Americas.
8. According to Sister Ludmilla, what did she call Hari when Merrick came to visit?
(a) A priest.
(b) A rich man.
(c) A thief
(d) A drunk.
9. How does Miss Crane die?
(c) A looter's attack.
(d) In a natural disaster.
10. In "MacGregor House," who visits Lady Chatterjee?
(a) A light-skinned Indian.
(b) A Chinese man.
(c) An Englishman.
(d) A Scotsman.
11. What does Sister Ludmilla say about Daphne's behavior after her rape?
(a) She wouldn't work with the police.
(b) She seemed to be the same.
(c) She became isolated.
(d) She lost herself in volunteer work.
12. Why does Miss Crane fear looters?
(a) For the safety of the Indians.
(b) She values order in society.
(c) For her own safety.
(d) They may send her home.
13. In "Sister Ludmilla," why does Hari agree to go to the police station?
(a) To participate in a line up.
(b) To make a statement.
(c) To take a lie detector test.
(d) To hear his rights.
14. Why does Lady Chatterjee say she respected Miss Crane?
(a) Because of her education.
(b) Because of her courage.
(c) Because of her faith.
(d) Because of her physical strength.
15. Why does Sister Ludmilla say Merrick once told her to keep everyone on lock down at the Sanctuary?
(a) He was looking for someone specific.
(b) He had news of a bomb threat.
(c) He was preparing for a flood.
(d) He needed to get a head count.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Miss Crane end up in India?
2. Where does Sister Ludmilla say Hari was the first time she met him?
3. Why does Miss Crane distrust Mr. Chaudhuri as a teacher?
4. What does Miss Crane do with the picture of Mahatma Gandhi?
5. What is Miss Crane said to have done to the men looting the town?
This section contains 497 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)