|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "Miss Crane," what is The Indian Congress considering?
(a) Hiring only British workers.
(b) Forcing the British out.
(c) Passing laws to tax education.
(d) Firing female teachers.
2. Why does Miss Crane distrust Mr. Chaudhuri as a teacher?
(a) He is too well educated.
(b) He is undereducated.
(c) He misses a lot of work days.
(d) He seems to dislike children.
3. What does Miss Crane say about Mahatma Gandhi?
(a) He is undermining her work.
(b) He has always respected her.
(c) He is inviting a Japanese invasion.
(d) He will stop the war.
4. What does Mr. Chaudhuri do to make sure Miss Crane is safe when she drives from Kotari and Mayapore?
(a) He goes with her.
(b) He tunes up her car.
(c) He sends a police escort.
(d) He has someone drive ahead of her.
5. What does the narrator say happened to the house at Bibighar Gardens?
(a) It was burned.
(b) It was foreclosed upon.
(c) It was stripped after the owner died.
(d) It was never finished.
6. Why do the police try to stop Miss Crane from driving from Kotari to Mayapore?
(a) There is no place to stop inbetween.
(b) She is a poor driver.
(c) There may be looters.
(d) The road had been damaged.
7. What does Sister Ludmilla say about Daphne's behavior after her rape?
(a) She wouldn't work with the police.
(b) She seemed to be the same.
(c) She lost herself in volunteer work.
(d) She became isolated.
8. What is Miss Crane said to have done to the men looting the town?
(a) Told them to leave.
(b) Let them into the school.
(c) Hit them with rocks.
(d) To them they were going to hell.
9. Where does Sister Ludmilla say Hari was the first time she met him?
(a) Ill in the hospital.
(b) In the back room of a museum.
(c) On her couch after a fight.
(d) Passed out near the river.
10. In "Miss Crane," how many teachers are at the Dibrapur school?
11. What is the defining feature of Bibighar Gardens?
(a) The wall.
(b) The stone path.
(c) The fountain.
(d) The guest house.
12. In the painting called "The Jewel in the Crown," what do the Indians do?
(a) Offer gifts.
(b) Yard work.
(d) Serve the queen.
13. Why is Sister Ludmilla allowed to live at the Sanctuary?
(a) She isn't allowed to stay there.
(b) She owns the building.
(c) She pays rent.
(d) She is old.
14. How does Lady Chatterjee say she was treated when Daphne Manners came to stay with her?
(a) She was ignored.
(b) She was teased.
(c) No one seemed to care.
(d) She was applauded.
15. What does Mr. Chaudhuri suggest when Miss Crane sees a group of men in the road?
(a) He doesn't have a suggestion.
(b) She should drive through them.
(c) She should turn around.
(d) She should give them her car.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Lady Chatterjee know Daphne Manners?
2. What does Miss Crane use the painting "The Jewel in the Crown" to teach?
3. In "Sister Ludmilla," why does Hari agree to go to the police station?
4. Why does Lady Chatterjee say she respected Miss Crane?
5. Where does Sister Ludmilla remember traveling with her mother?
This section contains 558 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)