|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mr. Chaudhuri do to make sure Miss Crane is safe when she drives from Kotari and Mayapore?
(a) He has someone drive ahead of her.
(b) He tunes up her car.
(c) He sends a police escort.
(d) He goes with her.
2. In "Sister Ludmilla," why does Hari agree to go to the police station?
(a) To make a statement.
(b) To participate in a line up.
(c) To hear his rights.
(d) To take a lie detector test.
3. On the night of Daphne's rape, why does Lady Chatterjee say Robert came to her house?
(a) He didn't come to Lady Chatterjee's house.
(b) He was worried about political unrest.
(c) He heard of the rape.
(d) He was hiding from enemies.
4. What does the narrator say happened to the house at Bibighar Gardens?
(a) It was burned.
(b) It was never finished.
(c) It was stripped after the owner died.
(d) It was foreclosed upon.
5. Where did the builder of the MacGregor House gain his wealth?
(d) The United States.
6. What does Sister Ludmilla do for a living?
7. What does the Sanctuary become after several years in operation?
(a) A homeless shelter.
(b) A school.
(c) An orphanage.
(d) A temp office.
8. What does Sister Ludmilla say about Daphne's behavior after her rape?
(a) She wouldn't work with the police.
(b) She seemed to be the same.
(c) She became isolated.
(d) She lost herself in volunteer work.
9. In "MacGregor House," what is Daphne Manners's first letter to her family like?
(a) It expresses her desire to return home.
(b) It gives her impression of the place.
(c) It introduces Robert.
(d) It describes the neighbors.
10. What does Lady Chatterjee say she saw when she visited Miss Crane after she was out of the hospital?
(a) Holes in the floor.
(b) Dark spots on her walls.
(c) Unread mail on the table.
(d) Broken glass near the window.
11. Lady Chatterjee compares the "Sanctuary" to _____________.
(a) A hospital.
(b) A school.
(c) A library.
(d) An apartment building.
12. Why is Gandhi arrested in "Miss Crane"?
(a) He votes in favor of Indians.
(b) Congress votes against Britain.
(c) He breaks the assembly law.
(d) He forms his own army.
13. Whom does Sister Ludmilla hire to protect her?
(a) A retired cop.
(b) Her brother.
(c) An American body guard.
(d) A boy.
14. Why does Lady Chatterjee say she respected Miss Crane?
(a) Because of her faith.
(b) Because of her education.
(c) Because of her physical strength.
(d) Because of her courage.
15. In the painting called "The Jewel in the Crown," what do the Indians do?
(a) Serve the queen.
(b) Yard work.
(c) Offer gifts.
Short Answer Questions
1. What position does Miss Crane hold at her school?
2. The crowds in Dibrapur protest because of ___________.
3. How does Miss Crane die?
4. Why does Sister Ludmilla say Hari often came to the Sanctuary?
5. Why does Miss Crane fear looters?
This section contains 501 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)