|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Miss Crane teach?
(a) Private universities.
(b) Indian homes.
(c) Prostestant schools.
(d) Catholic schools.
2. According to Sister Ludmilla, what did she call Hari when Merrick came to visit?
(a) A priest.
(b) A drunk.
(c) A thief
(d) A rich man.
3. What does Miss Crane suffer from while driving from Kotari to Mayapore?
(b) A stabbing.
(c) A flu.
4. Who does Robert work for?
(a) The local newspaper.
(b) The legislature.
(c) The police.
(d) The British.
5. Why does Lady Chatterjee say she respected Miss Crane?
(a) Because of her education.
(b) Because of her physical strength.
(c) Because of her courage.
(d) Because of her faith.
6. Where does Sister Ludmilla say Hari was the first time she met him?
(a) Ill in the hospital.
(b) Passed out near the river.
(c) In the back room of a museum.
(d) On her couch after a fight.
7. What does Mr. Chaudhuri suggest when Miss Crane sees a group of men in the road?
(a) She should give them her car.
(b) He doesn't have a suggestion.
(c) She should turn around.
(d) She should drive through them.
8. What does Miss Crane use the painting "The Jewel in the Crown" to teach?
(c) Bible passages.
9. In "Sister Ludmilla," what does Sister Ludmilla say about the house at Bibighar Gardens?
(a) It was probably burned down for scandalous reasons.
(b) It was never burned down.
(c) It was never built.
(d) It was taken apart by bandits before the fire.
10. When Sister Ludmilla is interviewed, what does she first talk about?
(a) Her childhood.
(b) The Sanctuary.
(d) Her brothers.
11. Why does Sister Ludmilla say she didn't know Hari's name when she first met him?
(a) Her hearing was poor.
(b) He wouldn't tell her.
(c) They spoke different languages.
(d) He didn't have his wallet on him.
12. What does Sister Ludmilla say she thought of Hari when she first met him?
(a) He was rich.
(b) He was ignorant.
(c) He was dead.
(d) He was mean.
13. After Gandhi is arrested, how do the schoolchildren get home?
(a) They spend the night at school instead of going home.
(b) Miss Crane pays a bus driver to take them home.
(c) Miss Crane drives them home herself.
(d) They walk home.
14. How does Mr. Chaudhuri die?
(a) A stray bullet.
(b) He poisons himself.
(c) A car accident.
(d) He is beaten to death.
15. What does Sister Ludmilla do every Wednesday?
(a) Cashes a check.
(b) Goes to church.
(c) Hires new employees.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "Miss Crane," why does the author mention The Bibighar Gardens?
2. How does Miss Crane die?
3. How does Sister Ludmilla treat beggars?
4. How does Lady Chatterjee say she was treated when Daphne Manners came to stay with her?
5. Where did the builder of the MacGregor House gain his wealth?
This section contains 497 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)