Mid-Book Test - Easy
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mr. Chaudhuri suggest when Miss Crane sees a group of men in the road?
(a) He doesn't have a suggestion.
(b) She should turn around.
(c) She should give them her car.
(d) She should drive through them.
2. On the night of Daphne's rape, why does Lady Chatterjee say Robert came to her house?
(a) He heard of the rape.
(b) He was worried about political unrest.
(c) He was hiding from enemies.
(d) He didn't come to Lady Chatterjee's house.
3. What position does Miss Crane hold at her school?
(a) Head teacher.
(c) Assistant teacher.
4. After Gandhi is arrested, how do the schoolchildren get home?
(a) They walk home.
(b) Miss Crane pays a bus driver to take them home.
(c) Miss Crane drives them home herself.
(d) They spend the night at school instead of going home.
5. Where does Lady Chatterjee say Daphne Manners went with Hari their first time in public?
(a) A cafe.
(b) A library.
(c) A government building.
(d) A temple.
6. Where did the builder of the MacGregor House gain his wealth?
(d) The United States.
7. Why does Miss Crane fear looters?
(a) She values order in society.
(b) For the safety of the Indians.
(c) They may send her home.
(d) For her own safety.
8. Why does Lady Chatterjee say she avoided talking about the "Sanctuary" with Robert?
(a) Daphne asked her to keep it secret.
(b) He disapproved of it.
(c) It was for women only.
(d) He didn't understand it.
9. Who finds Mr. Chaudhuri body after he dies?
(b) His daughter.
(c) Miss Crane.
(d) An Indian child.
10. Why does Miss Crane stop entertaining Indian women at her home?
(a) The British forbade her to continue doing so.
(b) World War II started.
(c) She ran out of money.
(d) She fought with the Indian women.
11. What does the Sanctuary become after several years in operation?
(a) A homeless shelter.
(b) An orphanage.
(c) A school.
(d) A temp office.
12. How does Lady Chatterjee describe her relationship with Parvati?
(a) She says Parvati is her friend.
(b) She says Parvati is her great-niece.
(c) She says Parvati is her ward.
(d) She says Parvati is her servant.
13. What does Miss Crane suffer from while driving from Kotari to Mayapore?
(b) A stabbing.
(d) A flu.
14. Why is Gandhi arrested in "Miss Crane"?
(a) He breaks the assembly law.
(b) Congress votes against Britain.
(c) He votes in favor of Indians.
(d) He forms his own army.
15. What does Miss Crane do at the end of "Miss Crane"?
(a) Sells her car.
(b) Goes to sleep.
(c) Leaves the hospital.
(d) Packs up a picture.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the narrator say the looters did to Miss Crane?
2. After Sister Ludmilla took Hari to the Sanctuary, who does she say came looking for him?
3. Who is said to haunt the MacGregor House?
4. Where does Miss Crane teach?
5. How do British people feel about Lady Chatterjee's title in "MacGregor House"?
This section contains 510 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)