|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Lady Chatterjee describe her relationship with Parvati?
(a) She says Parvati is her servant.
(b) She says Parvati is her great-niece.
(c) She says Parvati is her ward.
(d) She says Parvati is her friend.
2. What does Sister Ludmilla do every Wednesday?
(a) Cashes a check.
(c) Hires new employees.
(d) Goes to church.
3. Where did the builder of the MacGregor House gain his wealth?
(d) The United States.
4. What does Miss Crane do with the picture of Mahatma Gandhi?
(a) She takes it off the wall.
(b) She burns it.
(c) She hangs it in her bedroom.
(d) She gives it to a friend.
5. Why does Sister Ludmilla say she didn't know Hari's name when she first met him?
(a) He wouldn't tell her.
(b) Her hearing was poor.
(c) They spoke different languages.
(d) He didn't have his wallet on him.
6. Why does Rajendra Singh punch Hari in the face?
(a) He thinks Hari was rude to his sister.
(b) He thinks Hari is someone else.
(c) He thinks Hari is resisting the police.
(d) He thinks Hari is robbing him.
7. How far is Kotari from Mayapore?
(a) Approximately 70 miles.
(b) Approximately 200 miles.
(c) Approximately 10 miles.
(d) Approximately 25 miles.
8. What is Miss Crane said to have done to the men looting the town?
(a) Let them into the school.
(b) To them they were going to hell.
(c) Hit them with rocks.
(d) Told them to leave.
9. Where does Sister Ludmilla remember traveling with her mother?
(d) The Americas.
10. Why does Miss Crane fear looters?
(a) For the safety of the Indians.
(b) She values order in society.
(c) They may send her home.
(d) For her own safety.
11. In "Miss Crane," why does the author mention The Bibighar Gardens?
(a) It is the capital city.
(b) It is his hometown.
(c) It is where Miss Crane lives.
(d) A crime will occur there later in the book.
12. The crowds in Dibrapur protest because of ___________.
(a) A takeover of public buildings.
(c) A lack of education.
(d) Their poverty.
13. How does Lady Chatterjee say she was treated when Daphne Manners came to stay with her?
(a) No one seemed to care.
(b) She was ignored.
(c) She was applauded.
(d) She was teased.
14. What does Sister Ludmilla say about Daphne's behavior after her rape?
(a) She lost herself in volunteer work.
(b) She wouldn't work with the police.
(c) She became isolated.
(d) She seemed to be the same.
15. Why do the police try to stop Miss Crane from driving from Kotari to Mayapore?
(a) She is a poor driver.
(b) There may be looters.
(c) The road had been damaged.
(d) There is no place to stop inbetween.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Miss Crane end up in India?
2. What does Miss Crane suffer from while driving from Kotari to Mayapore?
3. What position does Miss Crane hold at her school?
4. Why does Lady Chatterjee say she avoided talking about the "Sanctuary" with Robert?
5. After Sister Ludmilla took Hari to the Sanctuary, who does she say came looking for him?
This section contains 531 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)