|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the Rajput class compare to others in India?
(a) It is the lowest class.
(b) It is low-ranking.
(c) It is high-ranking.
(d) It is middle-ranking.
2. Why does Lady Chatterjee say the head nurse at the hospital was surprised to see her visiting Miss Crane?
(a) It was against the rules.
(b) Miss Crane requested no visitors.
(c) She had been fighting with Miss Crane.
(d) It was after hours.
3. Who runs the "Sanctuary"?
(a) Miss Crane's sister.
(b) A former teacher.
(c) A nurse's assistant.
(d) A nun.
4. Whom does Sister Ludmilla hire to protect her?
(a) A boy.
(b) A retired cop.
(c) Her brother.
(d) An American body guard.
5. What does Lady Chatterjee say she saw when she visited Miss Crane after she was out of the hospital?
(a) Holes in the floor.
(b) Broken glass near the window.
(c) Unread mail on the table.
(d) Dark spots on her walls.
6. In "Miss Crane," how many teachers are at the Dibrapur school?
7. Where does Lady Chatterjee say she visited Miss Crane in the hospital?
8. In "Sister Ludmilla," what does Sister Ludmilla say about the house at Bibighar Gardens?
(a) It was probably burned down for scandalous reasons.
(b) It was never built.
(c) It was taken apart by bandits before the fire.
(d) It was never burned down.
9. What does Lady Chatterjee say her first impression of Miss Crane was?
(a) She thought she was pretty.
(b) She disliked her.
(c) She liked her very much.
(d) She was distrustful of her education.
10. In "MacGregor House," how does Daphne Manners try to make friends?
(a) Writing poetry.
(b) Painting in the park.
(c) Working for a lawyer.
(d) Volunteering at the hospital.
11. Why does Rajendra Singh punch Hari in the face?
(a) He thinks Hari is resisting the police.
(b) He thinks Hari is robbing him.
(c) He thinks Hari is someone else.
(d) He thinks Hari was rude to his sister.
12. How does Mr. Chaudhuri die?
(a) He is beaten to death.
(b) A car accident.
(c) He poisons himself.
(d) A stray bullet.
13. How does Lady Chatterjee say she was treated when Daphne Manners came to stay with her?
(a) She was applauded.
(b) No one seemed to care.
(c) She was ignored.
(d) She was teased.
14. After Gandhi is arrested, how do the schoolchildren get home?
(a) They spend the night at school instead of going home.
(b) Miss Crane drives them home herself.
(c) Miss Crane pays a bus driver to take them home.
(d) They walk home.
15. How do British people feel about Lady Chatterjee's title in "MacGregor House"?
(a) They are proud.
(b) They think it is a fake title.
(c) They don't care.
(d) They are jealous.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "Miss Crane," why does the author mention The Bibighar Gardens?
2. How does Lady Chatterjee know Daphne Manners?
3. What does Sister Ludmilla do every Wednesday?
4. In "MacGregor House," why does Lady Chatterjee say several Indians were arrested?
5. What does Mr. Chaudhuri do to make sure Miss Crane is safe when she drives from Kotari and Mayapore?
This section contains 561 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)