|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whom does Daphne Manners tell first after Robert proposes?
(a) Lady Chatterjee.
(b) Her mother.
(c) Robert's sister.
(d) Her aunt.
2. How does Sister Ludmilla support the Sanctuary?
(a) Money from her deceased husband.
(b) Investments in the American stock market.
(c) No one knows.
(d) Profit from her medical office.
3. In "Miss Crane," what is The Indian Congress considering?
(a) Firing female teachers.
(b) Hiring only British workers.
(c) Forcing the British out.
(d) Passing laws to tax education.
4. On the night of Daphne's rape, why does Lady Chatterjee say Robert came to her house?
(a) He was hiding from enemies.
(b) He didn't come to Lady Chatterjee's house.
(c) He heard of the rape.
(d) He was worried about political unrest.
5. Why does Rajendra Singh punch Hari in the face?
(a) He thinks Hari was rude to his sister.
(b) He thinks Hari is resisting the police.
(c) He thinks Hari is robbing him.
(d) He thinks Hari is someone else.
6. What does Sister Ludmilla do every Wednesday?
(a) Goes to church.
(b) Cashes a check.
(c) Hires new employees.
7. In "MacGregor House," why does Lady Chatterjee say several Indians were arrested?
(a) A crime spree.
(c) The election of a new president.
(d) A vote in Congress.
8. What does Miss Crane say about Mahatma Gandhi?
(a) He is inviting a Japanese invasion.
(b) He has always respected her.
(c) He will stop the war.
(d) He is undermining her work.
9. How do British people feel about Lady Chatterjee's title in "MacGregor House"?
(a) They are jealous.
(b) They think it is a fake title.
(c) They are proud.
(d) They don't care.
10. What does Lady Chatterjee say she saw when she visited Miss Crane after she was out of the hospital?
(a) Dark spots on her walls.
(b) Holes in the floor.
(c) Broken glass near the window.
(d) Unread mail on the table.
11. Where does Sister Ludmilla say Hari was the first time she met him?
(a) Passed out near the river.
(b) In the back room of a museum.
(c) On her couch after a fight.
(d) Ill in the hospital.
12. In "Miss Crane," how often did Miss Crane entertain Indian women at her home?
(a) Once a week.
(b) Once every two weeks.
(d) Once a month.
13. How does Mr. Chaudhuri die?
(a) He is beaten to death.
(b) A car accident.
(c) He poisons himself.
(d) A stray bullet.
14. What does Sister Ludmilla say about Daphne's behavior after her rape?
(a) She seemed to be the same.
(b) She became isolated.
(c) She wouldn't work with the police.
(d) She lost herself in volunteer work.
15. In "Sister Ludmilla," why does Hari agree to go to the police station?
(a) To make a statement.
(b) To take a lie detector test.
(c) To participate in a line up.
(d) To hear his rights.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Miss Crane die?
2. What does Lady Chatterjee say made her husband special?
3. According to Sister Ludmilla, what did she call Hari when Merrick came to visit?
4. In "Sister Ludmilla," what does Sister Ludmilla say about the house at Bibighar Gardens?
5. What does the Sanctuary become after several years in operation?
This section contains 550 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)