|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Miss Crane say about Mahatma Gandhi?
(a) He will stop the war.
(b) He is undermining her work.
(c) He is inviting a Japanese invasion.
(d) He has always respected her.
2. Where did the builder of the MacGregor House gain his wealth?
(b) The United States.
3. How does Sister Ludmilla treat beggars?
(a) She gives them money.
(b) She takes them to jail.
(c) She bakes them cakes and muffins.
(d) She ignores them.
4. How does the Rajput class compare to others in India?
(a) It is middle-ranking.
(b) It is the lowest class.
(c) It is high-ranking.
(d) It is low-ranking.
5. In "Sister Ludmilla," why does Hari agree to go to the police station?
(a) To participate in a line up.
(b) To take a lie detector test.
(c) To hear his rights.
(d) To make a statement.
6. In "Miss Crane," what is The Indian Congress considering?
(a) Passing laws to tax education.
(b) Forcing the British out.
(c) Firing female teachers.
(d) Hiring only British workers.
7. What does the narrator say happened to the house at Bibighar Gardens?
(a) It was burned.
(b) It was never finished.
(c) It was stripped after the owner died.
(d) It was foreclosed upon.
8. Lady Chatterjee compares the "Sanctuary" to _____________.
(a) An apartment building.
(b) A hospital.
(c) A school.
(d) A library.
9. Why does Lady Chatterjee say she respected Miss Crane?
(a) Because of her physical strength.
(b) Because of her faith.
(c) Because of her courage.
(d) Because of her education.
10. How did Miss Crane end up in India?
(a) She was pregnant and had to leave home.
(b) She came with her employer.
(c) She was just taking a vacation.
(d) She was sent by the government.
11. In "Miss Crane," how often did Miss Crane entertain Indian women at her home?
(a) Once every two weeks.
(b) Once a week.
(c) Once a month.
12. What does Lady Chatterjee say her first impression of Miss Crane was?
(a) She was distrustful of her education.
(b) She disliked her.
(c) She liked her very much.
(d) She thought she was pretty.
13. After Sister Ludmilla took Hari to the Sanctuary, who does she say came looking for him?
(a) A private investigator.
(b) Miss Crane.
14. What does Sister Ludmilla do every Wednesday?
(a) Goes to church.
(c) Hires new employees.
(d) Cashes a check.
15. What does the narrator say the looters did to Miss Crane?
(a) They stole from her classroom.
(b) They left her alone.
(c) They hit her.
(d) They yelled at her.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Lady Chatterjee say she saw when she visited Miss Crane after she was out of the hospital?
2. Where does Daphne Manners meet Robert?
3. Who does Robert work for?
4. What position does Miss Crane hold at her school?
5. Why is Gandhi arrested in "Miss Crane"?
This section contains 487 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)