|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Sister Ludmilla say Merrick once told her to keep everyone on lock down at the Sanctuary?
(a) He was preparing for a flood.
(b) He was looking for someone specific.
(c) He needed to get a head count.
(d) He had news of a bomb threat.
2. What does Mr. Chaudhuri do to make sure Miss Crane is safe when she drives from Kotari and Mayapore?
(a) He has someone drive ahead of her.
(b) He tunes up her car.
(c) He sends a police escort.
(d) He goes with her.
3. Where does Sister Ludmilla say Hari was the first time she met him?
(a) In the back room of a museum.
(b) Passed out near the river.
(c) Ill in the hospital.
(d) On her couch after a fight.
4. In "Sister Ludmilla," why does Hari agree to go to the police station?
(a) To take a lie detector test.
(b) To make a statement.
(c) To participate in a line up.
(d) To hear his rights.
5. Why does Miss Crane dislike Mr. Chaudhuri?
(a) His rudeness to her.
(b) His lack of professionalism.
(c) His cold behavior.
(d) His poverty.
6. What type of accent does Sister Ludmilla have?
7. What does Sister Ludmilla say she thought of Hari when she first met him?
(a) He was rich.
(b) He was mean.
(c) He was dead.
(d) He was ignorant.
8. What does the Sanctuary become after several years in operation?
(a) A homeless shelter.
(b) An orphanage.
(c) A temp office.
(d) A school.
9. How does Sister Ludmilla support the Sanctuary?
(a) Money from her deceased husband.
(b) No one knows.
(c) Investments in the American stock market.
(d) Profit from her medical office.
10. Where does Daphne Manners meet Robert?
(b) A church.
(c) The gardens.
(d) A private club.
11. Why does Lady Chatterjee say she avoided talking about the "Sanctuary" with Robert?
(a) He didn't understand it.
(b) It was for women only.
(c) He disapproved of it.
(d) Daphne asked her to keep it secret.
12. Where did the builder of the MacGregor House gain his wealth?
(a) The United States.
13. Why does Lady Chatterjee say the head nurse at the hospital was surprised to see her visiting Miss Crane?
(a) It was against the rules.
(b) She had been fighting with Miss Crane.
(c) It was after hours.
(d) Miss Crane requested no visitors.
14. What does Lady Chatterjee say her first impression of Miss Crane was?
(a) She thought she was pretty.
(b) She disliked her.
(c) She liked her very much.
(d) She was distrustful of her education.
15. When Sister Ludmilla is interviewed, what does she first talk about?
(a) Her brothers.
(b) Her childhood.
(d) The Sanctuary.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Lady Chatterjee describe her relationship with Parvati?
2. Why does Sister Ludmilla say Hari often came to the Sanctuary?
3. How does Sister Ludmilla treat beggars?
4. In "Miss Crane," what is The Indian Congress considering?
5. How does Lady Chatterjee know Daphne Manners?
This section contains 542 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)