|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Miss Crane said to have done to the men looting the town?
(a) To them they were going to hell.
(b) Hit them with rocks.
(c) Let them into the school.
(d) Told them to leave.
2. In "MacGregor House," why does Lady Chatterjee say she visited Miss Crane after she was out of the hospital?
(a) To take her to work.
(b) To see if she needed help.
(c) To clean her house.
(d) To gossip about their neighbors.
3. How does Sister Ludmilla treat beggars?
(a) She gives them money.
(b) She bakes them cakes and muffins.
(c) She ignores them.
(d) She takes them to jail.
4. How does Mr. Chaudhuri die?
(a) He poisons himself.
(b) A stray bullet.
(c) A car accident.
(d) He is beaten to death.
5. What does Miss Crane say about Mahatma Gandhi?
(a) He will stop the war.
(b) He has always respected her.
(c) He is inviting a Japanese invasion.
(d) He is undermining her work.
6. How do British people feel about Lady Chatterjee's title in "MacGregor House"?
(a) They are jealous.
(b) They don't care.
(c) They are proud.
(d) They think it is a fake title.
7. In "Miss Crane," what is The Indian Congress considering?
(a) Hiring only British workers.
(b) Forcing the British out.
(c) Firing female teachers.
(d) Passing laws to tax education.
8. What does the narrator say the looters did to Miss Crane?
(a) They hit her.
(b) They left her alone.
(c) They yelled at her.
(d) They stole from her classroom.
9. According to Sister Ludmilla, what did she call Hari when Merrick came to visit?
(a) A priest.
(b) A thief
(c) A drunk.
(d) A rich man.
10. The crowds in Dibrapur protest because of ___________.
(a) A takeover of public buildings.
(c) A lack of education.
(d) Their poverty.
11. What does Miss Crane do with the picture of Mahatma Gandhi?
(a) She hangs it in her bedroom.
(b) She burns it.
(c) She gives it to a friend.
(d) She takes it off the wall.
12. What does Sister Ludmilla do every Wednesday?
(a) Goes to church.
(c) Cashes a check.
(d) Hires new employees.
13. Why is Sister Ludmilla called "sister"?
(a) She dresses like a nun.
(b) She is a nun.
(c) It is her real first name.
(d) She has seven siblings.
14. How does Lady Chatterjee know Daphne Manners?
(a) She is a famous artist.
(b) She is the lady's granddaughter.
(c) She is a news reporter.
(d) She is the niece of friends.
15. What does Miss Crane use the painting "The Jewel in the Crown" to teach?
(a) Bible passages.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "Sister Ludmilla," what does Sister Ludmilla say about the house at Bibighar Gardens?
2. What does Sister Ludmilla say about Hari on the night of Daphne's rape?
3. What does Lady Chatterjee say her first impression of Miss Crane was?
4. Why does Miss Crane dislike Mr. Chaudhuri?
5. How does Miss Crane die?
This section contains 532 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)