|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "Miss Crane," what is The Indian Congress considering?
(a) Passing laws to tax education.
(b) Hiring only British workers.
(c) Forcing the British out.
(d) Firing female teachers.
2. How does Lady Chatterjee describe her relationship with Parvati?
(a) She says Parvati is her ward.
(b) She says Parvati is her great-niece.
(c) She says Parvati is her friend.
(d) She says Parvati is her servant.
3. Who finds Mr. Chaudhuri body after he dies?
(a) His daughter.
(b) Miss Crane.
(d) An Indian child.
4. What does the narrator say the looters did to Miss Crane?
(a) They hit her.
(b) They stole from her classroom.
(c) They yelled at her.
(d) They left her alone.
5. Why does Lady Chatterjee say the head nurse at the hospital was surprised to see her visiting Miss Crane?
(a) Miss Crane requested no visitors.
(b) She had been fighting with Miss Crane.
(c) It was against the rules.
(d) It was after hours.
6. Where does Miss Crane teach?
(a) Private universities.
(b) Indian homes.
(c) Catholic schools.
(d) Prostestant schools.
7. What does Miss Crane do at the end of "Miss Crane"?
(a) Sells her car.
(b) Leaves the hospital.
(c) Goes to sleep.
(d) Packs up a picture.
8. What type of accent does Sister Ludmilla have?
9. After Gandhi is arrested, how do the schoolchildren get home?
(a) They spend the night at school instead of going home.
(b) Miss Crane drives them home herself.
(c) They walk home.
(d) Miss Crane pays a bus driver to take them home.
10. Why does Rajendra Singh punch Hari in the face?
(a) He thinks Hari is resisting the police.
(b) He thinks Hari is robbing him.
(c) He thinks Hari is someone else.
(d) He thinks Hari was rude to his sister.
11. Who does Robert work for?
(a) The police.
(b) The British.
(c) The local newspaper.
(d) The legislature.
12. What does Lady Chatterjee say she saw when she visited Miss Crane after she was out of the hospital?
(a) Broken glass near the window.
(b) Unread mail on the table.
(c) Holes in the floor.
(d) Dark spots on her walls.
13. Where does Lady Chatterjee say she visited Miss Crane in the hospital?
14. What is Miss Crane said to have done to the men looting the town?
(a) Let them into the school.
(b) Told them to leave.
(c) Hit them with rocks.
(d) To them they were going to hell.
15. How does Sister Ludmilla treat beggars?
(a) She gives them money.
(b) She takes them to jail.
(c) She bakes them cakes and muffins.
(d) She ignores them.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Sister Ludmilla allowed to live at the Sanctuary?
2. How does Lady Chatterjee know Daphne Manners?
3. What does the narrator say happened to the house at Bibighar Gardens?
4. Whom does Sister Ludmilla hire to protect her?
5. Lady Chatterjee compares the "Sanctuary" to _____________.
This section contains 509 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)