|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mr. Chaudhuri suggest when Miss Crane sees a group of men in the road?
(a) He doesn't have a suggestion.
(b) She should turn around.
(c) She should drive through them.
(d) She should give them her car.
2. How does Lady Chatterjee describe her relationship with Parvati?
(a) She says Parvati is her great-niece.
(b) She says Parvati is her friend.
(c) She says Parvati is her ward.
(d) She says Parvati is her servant.
3. Whom does Daphne Manners tell first after Robert proposes?
(a) Her mother.
(b) Lady Chatterjee.
(c) Her aunt.
(d) Robert's sister.
4. Why do the police try to stop Miss Crane from driving from Kotari to Mayapore?
(a) She is a poor driver.
(b) There may be looters.
(c) The road had been damaged.
(d) There is no place to stop inbetween.
5. After Sister Ludmilla took Hari to the Sanctuary, who does she say came looking for him?
(a) Miss Crane.
(c) A private investigator.
6. In "MacGregor House," what is Daphne Manners's first letter to her family like?
(a) It gives her impression of the place.
(b) It expresses her desire to return home.
(c) It describes the neighbors.
(d) It introduces Robert.
7. What position does Miss Crane hold at her school?
(b) Head teacher.
(d) Assistant teacher.
8. In "MacGregor House," who visits Lady Chatterjee?
(a) A light-skinned Indian.
(b) An Englishman.
(c) A Scotsman.
(d) A Chinese man.
9. What does Lady Chatterjee say her first impression of Miss Crane was?
(a) She liked her very much.
(b) She was distrustful of her education.
(c) She disliked her.
(d) She thought she was pretty.
10. In "Sister Ludmilla," why does Hari agree to go to the police station?
(a) To take a lie detector test.
(b) To hear his rights.
(c) To participate in a line up.
(d) To make a statement.
11. When does Lady Chatterjee say Robert told her about his proposal to Daphne?
(a) After they learn of her rape.
(b) He doesn't tell her, but Daphne does.
(c) He doesn't tell her, but Hari does.
(d) Before they learn of her rape.
12. Why does Rajendra Singh punch Hari in the face?
(a) He thinks Hari is robbing him.
(b) He thinks Hari is someone else.
(c) He thinks Hari is resisting the police.
(d) He thinks Hari was rude to his sister.
13. What does Sister Ludmilla say she thought of Hari when she first met him?
(a) He was rich.
(b) He was dead.
(c) He was ignorant.
(d) He was mean.
14. Where did the builder of the MacGregor House gain his wealth?
(b) The United States.
15. Who runs the "Sanctuary"?
(a) A nun.
(b) A nurse's assistant.
(c) Miss Crane's sister.
(d) A former teacher.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "Miss Crane," how often did Miss Crane entertain Indian women at her home?
2. Where does Miss Crane teach?
3. How does the Rajput class compare to others in India?
4. According to Sister Ludmilla, what did she call Hari when Merrick came to visit?
5. Why is Gandhi arrested in "Miss Crane"?
This section contains 520 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)