|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Sister Ludmilla say she thought of Hari when she first met him?
(a) He was mean.
(b) He was dead.
(c) He was ignorant.
(d) He was rich.
2. What does Miss Crane say about Mahatma Gandhi?
(a) He is inviting a Japanese invasion.
(b) He is undermining her work.
(c) He will stop the war.
(d) He has always respected her.
3. How does Sister Ludmilla support the Sanctuary?
(a) Profit from her medical office.
(b) No one knows.
(c) Investments in the American stock market.
(d) Money from her deceased husband.
4. Where does Miss Crane teach?
(a) Catholic schools.
(b) Prostestant schools.
(c) Indian homes.
(d) Private universities.
5. Sister Ludmilla says her mother always gave money to ____________.
(d) The arts.
6. Why does Sister Ludmilla say Hari often came to the Sanctuary?
(a) To hide from police.
(b) To thank her.
(c) To visit Daphne.
(d) To volutneer.
7. Why does Sister Ludmilla say she didn't know Hari's name when she first met him?
(a) He didn't have his wallet on him.
(b) Her hearing was poor.
(c) They spoke different languages.
(d) He wouldn't tell her.
8. How does Sister Ludmilla treat beggars?
(a) She takes them to jail.
(b) She bakes them cakes and muffins.
(c) She ignores them.
(d) She gives them money.
9. How do British people feel about Lady Chatterjee's title in "MacGregor House"?
(a) They are jealous.
(b) They don't care.
(c) They are proud.
(d) They think it is a fake title.
10. Why is Sister Ludmilla called "sister"?
(a) She is a nun.
(b) It is her real first name.
(c) She has seven siblings.
(d) She dresses like a nun.
11. Who does Robert work for?
(a) The police.
(b) The local newspaper.
(c) The British.
(d) The legislature.
12. Why does Lady Chatterjee say she respected Miss Crane?
(a) Because of her education.
(b) Because of her courage.
(c) Because of her physical strength.
(d) Because of her faith.
13. What does the Sanctuary become after several years in operation?
(a) A homeless shelter.
(b) An orphanage.
(c) A school.
(d) A temp office.
14. In "MacGregor House," why does Lady Chatterjee say several Indians were arrested?
(b) A crime spree.
(c) The election of a new president.
(d) A vote in Congress.
15. Whom does Sister Ludmilla hire to protect her?
(a) A boy.
(b) A retired cop.
(c) Her brother.
(d) An American body guard.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whom does Daphne Manners tell first after Robert proposes?
2. What does Sister Ludmilla do for a living?
3. Lady Chatterjee compares the "Sanctuary" to _____________.
4. In "Miss Crane," why does the author mention The Bibighar Gardens?
5. In "Sister Ludmilla," why does Hari agree to go to the police station?
This section contains 459 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)