|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did the builder of the MacGregor House gain his wealth?
(c) The United States.
2. Why does Miss Crane's servant warn her about going out?
(a) He wants to frighten her.
(b) He doesn't warn her.
(c) He wants to protect her.
(d) He wants to trick her.
3. What does Sister Ludmilla say about Daphne's behavior after her rape?
(a) She became isolated.
(b) She seemed to be the same.
(c) She lost herself in volunteer work.
(d) She wouldn't work with the police.
4. What does the Sanctuary become after several years in operation?
(a) A temp office.
(b) A school.
(c) An orphanage.
(d) A homeless shelter.
5. Who does Robert work for?
(a) The British.
(b) The police.
(c) The local newspaper.
(d) The legislature.
6. Why does Miss Crane fear looters?
(a) She values order in society.
(b) For the safety of the Indians.
(c) They may send her home.
(d) For her own safety.
7. What does Sister Ludmilla do for a living?
8. Where does Sister Ludmilla say Hari was the first time she met him?
(a) Passed out near the river.
(b) Ill in the hospital.
(c) In the back room of a museum.
(d) On her couch after a fight.
9. How do British people feel about Lady Chatterjee's title in "MacGregor House"?
(a) They are proud.
(b) They don't care.
(c) They think it is a fake title.
(d) They are jealous.
10. In "Miss Crane," why does the author mention The Bibighar Gardens?
(a) A crime will occur there later in the book.
(b) It is the capital city.
(c) It is where Miss Crane lives.
(d) It is his hometown.
11. What position does Miss Crane hold at her school?
(b) Head teacher.
(c) Assistant teacher.
12. Why is Gandhi arrested in "Miss Crane"?
(a) Congress votes against Britain.
(b) He votes in favor of Indians.
(c) He forms his own army.
(d) He breaks the assembly law.
13. What does the narrator say happened to the house at Bibighar Gardens?
(a) It was foreclosed upon.
(b) It was never finished.
(c) It was stripped after the owner died.
(d) It was burned.
14. Who finds Mr. Chaudhuri body after he dies?
(a) His daughter.
(c) Miss Crane.
(d) An Indian child.
15. According to Sister Ludmilla, what did she call Hari when Merrick came to visit?
(a) A priest.
(b) A thief
(c) A rich man.
(d) A drunk.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Lady Chatterjee say made her husband special?
2. Where does Miss Crane teach?
3. Where does Daphne Manners meet Robert?
4. Where does Sister Ludmilla remember traveling with her mother?
5. Why does Sister Ludmilla say Merrick once told her to keep everyone on lock down at the Sanctuary?
This section contains 472 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)