|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Miss Crane die?
(a) A looter's attack.
(b) In a natural disaster.
2. Who is said to haunt the MacGregor House?
(a) The gardener.
(b) A original owner.
(c) The builder's wife.
(d) The builder.
3. Why does Lady Chatterjee say the head nurse at the hospital was surprised to see her visiting Miss Crane?
(a) She had been fighting with Miss Crane.
(b) Miss Crane requested no visitors.
(c) It was after hours.
(d) It was against the rules.
4. Why does Sister Ludmilla say she didn't know Hari's name when she first met him?
(a) They spoke different languages.
(b) Her hearing was poor.
(c) He didn't have his wallet on him.
(d) He wouldn't tell her.
5. Lady Chatterjee compares the "Sanctuary" to _____________.
(a) A library.
(b) An apartment building.
(c) A hospital.
(d) A school.
6. How does Mr. Chaudhuri die?
(a) A stray bullet.
(b) A car accident.
(c) He is beaten to death.
(d) He poisons himself.
7. In "Sister Ludmilla," why does Hari agree to go to the police station?
(a) To participate in a line up.
(b) To make a statement.
(c) To hear his rights.
(d) To take a lie detector test.
8. Who runs the "Sanctuary"?
(a) A nurse's assistant.
(b) A former teacher.
(c) Miss Crane's sister.
(d) A nun.
9. In "MacGregor House," who visits Lady Chatterjee?
(a) A light-skinned Indian.
(b) A Chinese man.
(c) An Englishman.
(d) A Scotsman.
10. Why does Rajendra Singh punch Hari in the face?
(a) He thinks Hari is robbing him.
(b) He thinks Hari is resisting the police.
(c) He thinks Hari is someone else.
(d) He thinks Hari was rude to his sister.
11. Why does Lady Chatterjee say she respected Miss Crane?
(a) Because of her courage.
(b) Because of her faith.
(c) Because of her physical strength.
(d) Because of her education.
12. What does Lady Chatterjee say made her husband special?
(a) He spoke five languages.
(b) He let her make her own money.
(c) He was knighted.
(d) He died for his country.
13. Where does Miss Crane teach?
(a) Private universities.
(b) Prostestant schools.
(c) Catholic schools.
(d) Indian homes.
14. Where does Lady Chatterjee say Daphne Manners went with Hari their first time in public?
(a) A cafe.
(b) A government building.
(c) A temple.
(d) A library.
15. What does Sister Ludmilla say about Hari on the night of Daphne's rape?
(a) He was in jail.
(b) He was said to have been out of town.
(c) He didn't come to the sanctuary.
(d) He was helping her with her wards.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Miss Crane say about Mahatma Gandhi?
2. What does Mr. Chaudhuri do to make sure Miss Crane is safe when she drives from Kotari and Mayapore?
3. How does the Rajput class compare to others in India?
4. When does Lady Chatterjee say Robert told her about his proposal to Daphne?
5. What does the narrator say the looters did to Miss Crane?
This section contains 530 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)