|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Bibighar Gardens.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Daphne say she would meet Hari in the gardens?
(a) It was close to home.
(b) It was beautiful.
(c) It was private.
(d) She could be watched by Merrick.
2. What does Miss Crane use the painting "The Jewel in the Crown" to teach?
(b) Bible passages.
3. Why does Daphne say she wrote to Hari after their last date?
(a) She heard he was arrested.
(b) She was afraid she may have to leave.
(c) They went two weeks without speaking.
(d) She wrote him every week.
4. How does Sister Ludmilla support the Sanctuary?
(a) Profit from her medical office.
(b) No one knows.
(c) Money from her deceased husband.
(d) Investments in the American stock market.
5. Why does Sister Ludmilla say Hari often came to the Sanctuary?
(a) To thank her.
(b) To volutneer.
(c) To visit Daphne.
(d) To hide from police.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Sister Ludmilla say about Hari on the night of Daphne's rape?
2. In "The Bibighar Gardens," how does Daphne describe the other young British people in India?
3. In "The Bibighar Gardens," why does Daphne say people respect her?
4. Why does Miss Crane fear looters?
5. In "An Evening at the Club," who arrives with the visitor at Gymkhana Club?
This section contains 266 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)