|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Young Kumar.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Hari's father return home from England for the first time in "Young Kumar"?
(a) His wife was pregnant.
(b) He was deported.
(c) He failed at his studies.
(d) He missed his family.
2. Where does Sister Ludmilla say Hari was the first time she met him?
(a) In the back room of a museum.
(b) Passed out near the river.
(c) On her couch after a fight.
(d) Ill in the hospital.
3. How do British people feel about Lady Chatterjee's title in "MacGregor House"?
(a) They don't care.
(b) They are jealous.
(c) They think it is a fake title.
(d) They are proud.
4. Why does Miss Crane's servant warn her about going out?
(a) He wants to frighten her.
(b) He doesn't warn her.
(c) He wants to trick her.
(d) He wants to protect her.
5. Why does Miss Crane dislike Mr. Chaudhuri?
(a) His cold behavior.
(b) His poverty.
(c) His rudeness to her.
(d) His lack of professionalism.
Short Answer Questions
1. What makes Hari's father's relationship with Shalini special?
2. How does Lady Chatterjee describe her relationship with Parvati?
3. What does Miss Crane say about Mahatma Gandhi?
4. What does Sister Ludmilla say about Hari on the night of Daphne's rape?
5. In "Young Kumar," how does the narrator describe Hari's education?
This section contains 294 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)