|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through MacGregor House.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "MacGregor House," what is Daphne Manners's first letter to her family like?
(a) It describes the neighbors.
(b) It introduces Robert.
(c) It gives her impression of the place.
(d) It expresses her desire to return home.
2. What does Lady Chatterjee say made her husband special?
(a) He was knighted.
(b) He died for his country.
(c) He spoke five languages.
(d) He let her make her own money.
3. How do British people feel about Lady Chatterjee's title in "MacGregor House"?
(a) They are jealous.
(b) They are proud.
(c) They think it is a fake title.
(d) They don't care.
4. Where does Miss Crane teach?
(a) Catholic schools.
(b) Indian homes.
(c) Private universities.
(d) Prostestant schools.
5. Who finds Mr. Chaudhuri body after he dies?
(b) Miss Crane.
(c) An Indian child.
(d) His daughter.
Short Answer Questions
1. When does Lady Chatterjee say Robert told her about his proposal to Daphne?
2. Where did the builder of the MacGregor House gain his wealth?
3. Who does Robert work for?
4. Why does Lady Chatterjee say she avoided talking about the "Sanctuary" with Robert?
5. In "Miss Crane," what is The Indian Congress considering?
This section contains 247 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)