|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through MacGregor House.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the painting called "The Jewel in the Crown," what do the Indians do?
(a) Yard work.
(b) Offer gifts.
(d) Serve the queen.
2. In "MacGregor House," how does Daphne Manners try to make friends?
(a) Volunteering at the hospital.
(b) Working for a lawyer.
(c) Writing poetry.
(d) Painting in the park.
3. What does Miss Crane use the painting "The Jewel in the Crown" to teach?
(d) Bible passages.
4. Whom does Daphne Manners tell first after Robert proposes?
(a) Her mother.
(b) Her aunt.
(c) Lady Chatterjee.
(d) Robert's sister.
5. How did Miss Crane end up in India?
(a) She was sent by the government.
(b) She came with her employer.
(c) She was just taking a vacation.
(d) She was pregnant and had to leave home.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "Miss Crane," what is The Indian Congress considering?
2. Why does Miss Crane dislike Mr. Chaudhuri?
3. Where does Lady Chatterjee say she visited Miss Crane in the hospital?
4. What does Lady Chatterjee say she saw when she visited Miss Crane after she was out of the hospital?
5. Why does Miss Crane distrust Mr. Chaudhuri as a teacher?
This section contains 245 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)