|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Civil and Military.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Miss Crane end up in India?
(a) She was sent by the government.
(b) She was just taking a vacation.
(c) She came with her employer.
(d) She was pregnant and had to leave home.
2. How are the Indians who go to Gymkhana Club described?
(a) Beautiful women.
(b) Aging professionals.
(c) Young businessmen.
(d) Military men.
3. What does Menen do for a living?
(a) He is a businessman.
(b) He is an army general.
(c) He is a lawyer.
(d) He is a judge.
4. What does Reid first suggest to Robin White in "Civil and Military"?
(a) To spend more on weapons.
(b) To use a strong hand.
(c) To hire an outside firm.
(d) To decrease the number in the army.
5. Why is Sister Ludmilla allowed to live at the Sanctuary?
(a) She pays rent.
(b) She isn't allowed to stay there.
(c) She owns the building.
(d) She is old.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "Miss Crane," how often did Miss Crane entertain Indian women at her home?
2. In "Young Kumar," why does the narrator say Hari's father rarely saw him as a child?
3. In "Miss Crane," how many teachers are at the Dibrapur school?
4. How does Terry Grigson treat Lady Chatterjee when she arrives at the club in "An Evening at the Club"?
5. What does Miss Crane do with the picture of Mahatma Gandhi?
This section contains 284 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)