|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Civil and Military.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Mr. Srinivasan say he learned that Hari was going to be questioned by the police?
(a) Sister Ludmilla told him.
(b) Hari wrote him a letter from jail.
(c) He didn't find out until after the questioning happened.
(d) He was asked to do the questioning.
2. In "Miss Crane," what is The Indian Congress considering?
(a) Forcing the British out.
(b) Passing laws to tax education.
(c) Hiring only British workers.
(d) Firing female teachers.
3. In "Young Kumar," to whom does Hari give most of his earnings?
(a) The church.
(b) His aunt.
4. In "Young Kumar," why does Hari believe he could succeed in India?
(a) His accent.
(b) His family's connections.
(c) His father's money.
(d) His education.
5. What does the Sanctuary become after several years in operation?
(a) A school.
(b) A temp office.
(c) A homeless shelter.
(d) An orphanage.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "Civil and Military," why does the army use banners?
2. How do British people feel about Lady Chatterjee's title in "MacGregor House"?
3. What does Mr. Chaudhuri suggest when Miss Crane sees a group of men in the road?
4. What does Mr. Srinivasan do when he drives past the temple in "An Evening at the Club"?
5. In "An Evening at the Club," who arrives with the visitor at Gymkhana Club?
This section contains 292 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)