|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through MacGregor House.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the painting called "The Jewel in the Crown," what do the Indians do?
(b) Offer gifts.
(c) Serve the queen.
(d) Yard work.
2. In "MacGregor House," why does Lady Chatterjee say she visited Miss Crane after she was out of the hospital?
(a) To clean her house.
(b) To take her to work.
(c) To gossip about their neighbors.
(d) To see if she needed help.
3. Where does Miss Crane teach?
(a) Private universities.
(b) Catholic schools.
(c) Prostestant schools.
(d) Indian homes.
4. How does the Rajput class compare to others in India?
(a) It is middle-ranking.
(b) It is high-ranking.
(c) It is low-ranking.
(d) It is the lowest class.
5. How does Mr. Chaudhuri die?
(a) A stray bullet.
(b) He poisons himself.
(c) A car accident.
(d) He is beaten to death.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the narrator say the looters did to Miss Crane?
2. Why does Miss Crane fear looters?
3. What does Lady Chatterjee say her first impression of Miss Crane was?
4. After Gandhi is arrested, how do the schoolchildren get home?
5. Who is said to haunt the MacGregor House?
This section contains 258 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)