|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through An Evening at the Club.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the painting called "The Jewel in the Crown," what do the Indians do?
(a) Yard work.
(b) Serve the queen.
(d) Offer gifts.
2. In "Miss Crane," what is The Indian Congress considering?
(a) Forcing the British out.
(b) Hiring only British workers.
(c) Passing laws to tax education.
(d) Firing female teachers.
3. What does Miss Crane say about Mahatma Gandhi?
(a) He is undermining her work.
(b) He will stop the war.
(c) He has always respected her.
(d) He is inviting a Japanese invasion.
4. In "Miss Crane," how many teachers are at the Dibrapur school?
5. What does Mr. Srinivasan do for a living?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Miss Crane do at the end of "Miss Crane"?
2. How do British people feel about Lady Chatterjee's title in "MacGregor House"?
3. What does Miss Crane do with the picture of Mahatma Gandhi?
4. Why does the visitor spend time at the temple in "An Evening at the Club"?
5. Why does Lady Chatterjee say the head nurse at the hospital was surprised to see her visiting Miss Crane?
This section contains 264 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)