|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Civil and Military.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Reid first suggest to Robin White in "Civil and Military"?
(a) To use a strong hand.
(b) To decrease the number in the army.
(c) To hire an outside firm.
(d) To spend more on weapons.
2. In "MacGregor House," what is Daphne Manners's first letter to her family like?
(a) It gives her impression of the place.
(b) It expresses her desire to return home.
(c) It describes the neighbors.
(d) It introduces Robert.
3. Why is Mr. Srinivasan described as being a non-military Indian?
(a) He was denied entry to the military.
(b) He recently left the military.
(c) He dresses like he is in the military.
(d) The other Indians with him are in the military.
4. Why does Robin White no longer go to Gymkhana Club?
(a) He can no longer afford membership.
(b) He has been sick.
(c) He was kicked out.
(d) British rule has ended.
5. In "An Evening at the Club," what jobs do most of the British hold in the area?
(d) Military leaders.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does the visitor contact Robin White in "Civil and Military"?
2. How does Lady Chatterjee know Daphne Manners?
3. What does Reid call Menen when he first meets him?
4. In "Civil and Military," why do people protest after Hari and his friends are arrested?
5. What is Reid's first impression of White?
This section contains 299 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)