|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Civil and Military.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "Civil and Military," what is the first thing Reid talks to Robin White about?
(a) The role of the United States in India.
(b) How to get Indians to join the infantry.
(c) The chance of buying new weapons.
(d) The likelihood of unrest.
2. In "An Evening at the Club," who arrives with the visitor at Gymkhana Club?
(a) Mr. Srinivasan.
(b) He arrives alone.
(c) Lady Chatterjee.
(d) Robin White.
3. Whom does Daphne Manners tell first after Robert proposes?
(a) Her aunt.
(b) Lady Chatterjee.
(c) Robert's sister.
(d) Her mother.
4. In "An Evening at the Club," why does Mr. Srinivasan say many Indian companies hire British?
(a) To act as figureheads.
(b) To avoid trouble with the government.
(c) Because of the money they have.
(d) Because Indians struggle to run their own businesses.
5. In "An Evening at the Club," how does Lady Chatterjee feel about the removal of the British authorities?
(a) She says she misses the British influence.
(b) She doesn't share her opinion.
(c) She says she is glad the British are gone.
(d) She says she can't make up her mind yet.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who runs the "Sanctuary"?
2. Why does Lady Chatterjee say she respected Miss Crane?
3. Who gives the visitor passages from Daphne's journal?
4. When Reid first hears of Daphne's rape, whom does he blame?
5. Where does Daphne Manners meet Robert?
This section contains 264 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)