1. In "Miss Crane," how often did Miss Crane entertain Indian women at her home?
(a) Once a week.
(b) Once a month.
(d) Once every two weeks.
2. Why does Miss Crane stop entertaining Indian women at her home?
(a) She fought with the Indian women.
(b) World War II started.
(c) She ran out of money.
(d) The British forbade her to continue doing so.
3. What does Miss Crane do with the picture of Mahatma Gandhi?
(a) She burns it.
(b) She gives it to a friend.
(c) She hangs it in her bedroom.
(d) She takes it off the wall.
4. What does Miss Crane say about Mahatma Gandhi?
(a) He will stop the war.
(b) He has always respected her.
(c) He is inviting a Japanese invasion.
(d) He is undermining her work.
5. In the painting called "The Jewel in the Crown," what do the Indians do?
(b) Serve the queen.
(c) Offer gifts.
(d) Yard work.
This section contains 4,835 words
(approx. 17 pages at 300 words per page)