• Miss Crane is a superintendent of a group of Protestant schools in India.
• Miss Crane is a British citizen who came to India as a caretaker of children.
• Miss Crane supports and is sympathetic with the Indian people.
• Miss Crane drives through potentially dangerous areas to help her students.
• Miss Crane's car is attacked by looters, and one of her teachers is killed.
• Lady Chatterjee, the current resident of MacGregor House, is interviewed by a British stranger.
• Lady Chatterjee explains her relationship with Miss Crane and how it grew to be a fond one.
• Lady Chatterjee talks about how Daphne moved in with her and her relationship with Robert, which includes a marriage proposal.
• Daphne is raped and returns home late that night, according to Lady Chatterjee.
• Miss Crane commits suicide.
• Sister Ludmilla describes her role at Sanctuary.
• Sister Ludmilla says she...
This section contains 616 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)