* Miss Crane is a superintendent of a group of Protestant schools in India.
* Miss Crane is a British citizen who came to India as a caretaker of children.
* Miss Crane supports and is sympathetic with the Indian people.
* Miss Crane drives through potentially dangerous areas to help her students.
* Miss Crane's car is attacked by looters, and one of her teachers is killed.
* Lady Chatterjee, the current resident of MacGregor House, is interviewed by a British stranger.
* Lady Chatterjee explains her relationship with Miss Crane and how it grew to be a fond one.
* Lady Chatterjee talks about how Daphne moved in with her and her relationship with Robert, which includes a marriage proposal.
* Daphne is raped and returns home late that night, according to Lady Chatterjee.
* Miss Crane commits suicide.
* Sister Ludmilla describes her role at Sanctuary.
* Sister Ludmilla says she...
This section contains 495 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)