Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What miracle makes it into all four gospels?
2. What do 1st century Jews and modern evangelical Christians have in common?
3. What is Frederick Buechner struck by in reading about Jesus's appearances after the resurrection?
4. What does Yancey think Easter makes Jesus?
5. Who wrote the Japanese novel Silence?
Free will is a major concept in Christianity and Yancey ties this theological concept strongly to the temptation of Christ in the wilderness.
Choose one of the following to write about.
1) How does the concept of free will fit in with the temptation of Christ in the wilderness?
2) Why would God send a helpless, suffering Messiah?
3) Why does Jesus have so little power and not accept the power Satan would offer him?
What are the two reasons Yancey gives for Jesus investing so much in the 12 disciples? What is Jesus revealing about himself in his choice and commitment to his disciples?
The book begins with a personal account of Yancey's life in Christianity.
1) What is Yancey's personal story in terms of his understanding of Jesus?
2) How does his history growing up in the church affect this book?
3) Why does he use his personal experience?
This section contains 261 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)