|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Surgeon General Koop say the new leprosy is?
2. What are Samaritians called?
3. Where does Jesus pray for hours before he is arrested?
4. What is Zacchaeus's profession?
5. What does Jesus do at the last supper that Yancey finds surprising?
Essay Topic 1
What are the two reasons Yancey gives for Jesus investing so much in the 12 disciples? What is Jesus revealing about himself in his choice and commitment to his disciples?
Essay Topic 2
What is Yancey's theory about why the historical figure of Jesus has been changed by various cultures and groups to represent very different images? How and why did this happen over time?
Essay Topic 3
Describe the general historical context Jesus grew up in based on Chapter 3
1) What was the world like when Jesus walked the earth?
2) Who was in charge?
3) What was the political and religious atmosphere?
This section contains 787 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)