|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Martin Luther encourage his students to do?
2. What changes politically with the death of Jesus?
3. Why has the name Judas died out?
4. What does Christos/Christ mean in Hebrew?
5. What does Jesus ask of God in his final prayers?
Essay Topic 1
What is meant by "dangled promises" in terms of the Beatitudes? What are the promises?
Essay Topic 2
What in the Pharisee-influenced world that Jesus lived in did he stand against? Why was he so radical in terms of his own present day religious climate?
Essay Topic 3
Describe the major stages of the last week of Jesus based on Chapter 10.
1) Identify each stage.
2) What does each stage represent theologically for Yancey?
This section contains 845 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)