|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Bible say about why Judas betrayed Jesus?
2. What does a Pharisee do according to Greg, in Chapter 8?
3. What for Yancey does the Old Testament underscore?
4. What temptation has the church faced since the time of Constantine?
5. What is Frederick Buechner struck by in reading about Jesus's appearances after the resurrection?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Why is it important for Christians to acknowledge the Jewish roots of Jesus? What might have been different over the past 2000 years if Jesus had been identified more strongly as a Jewish rabbi?
Essay Topic 2
Why does Yancey see the miracles of Jesus as signs? What are they signs of and how does that function in the larger understanding of who Jesus is?
Essay Topic 3
The book begins with a personal account of Yancey's life in Christianity.
1) What is Yancey's personal story in terms of his understanding of Jesus?
2) How does his history growing up in the church affect this book?
3) Why does he use his personal experience?
This section contains 853 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)