|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What miracle makes it into all four gospels?
2. What do 1st century Jews and modern evangelical Christians have in common?
3. What is Frederick Buechner struck by in reading about Jesus's appearances after the resurrection?
4. What does Yancey think Easter makes Jesus?
5. Who wrote the Japanese novel Silence?
Essay Topic 1
What are the two reasons Yancey gives for Jesus investing so much in the 12 disciples? What is Jesus revealing about himself in his choice and commitment to his disciples?
Essay Topic 2
Ultimately, what for Yancey is the difference that Jesus makes? Using Chapter 14, trace out the primary strain of hope that Yancey so profoundly connects to in Jesus. What is Yancey's final understanding of who Jesus is?
Essay Topic 3
What are the psychological realities within the teachings of the Beatitudes? Describe them and why Yancey believes they are so profound.
This section contains 821 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)