Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What miracle makes it into all four gospels?
2. What do 1st century Jews and modern evangelical Christians have in common?
3. What is Frederick Buechner struck by in reading about Jesus's appearances after the resurrection?
4. What does Yancey think Easter makes Jesus?
5. Who wrote the Japanese novel Silence?
Describe the general historical context Jesus grew up in based on Chapter 3
1) What was the world like when Jesus walked the earth?
2) Who was in charge?
3) What was the political and religious atmosphere?
What in the Pharisee-influenced world that Jesus lived in did he stand against? Why was he so radical in terms of his own present day religious climate?
What are the basic characteristics of the sub-groups within the Jewish culture: Essenes, Zealots, Sadducees, and Pharisees?
Describe each and what part they played in the culture of Jesus's day.
This section contains 207 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)