|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What bombshell does Jesus drop during the last supper?
2. What is a basic reason Yancey is open to believing the Easter story?
3. What is unusual about the disease of leprosy?
4. What do 1st century Jews and modern evangelical Christians have in common?
5. How are Roman citizens executed?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the one miracle that is in all four biblical gospels?
2. What does Yancey say about how Easter affects who Jesus is for us?
3. What is unusual about leprosy patients and their illness?
4. What does Jesus leave behind?
5. What is ironic about Jesus entering into Jerusalem on a donkey?
6. Who betrays Jesus to the Jewish and Roman authorities?
7. What did Jesus mean by the Kingdom of God?
8. What does Yancey notice about the last parables that Jesus tells?
9. What does Jesus's death on the cross bridge, theologically speaking?
10. What does Jesus say to Pilate when asked if he is the King of the Jews?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What is meant by "dangled promises" in terms of the Beatitudes? What are the promises?
Essay Topic 2
What does Yancey want to confront the present day church with in terms of the issue of being Pharisees? What does he believe Jesus would say to the modern church about its exclusive nature?
Essay Topic 3
Does Yancey believe in the Resurrection? What is his struggle? How does he overcome his doubts and fears?
This section contains 674 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)