|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Yancey learn from the kitten's death?
2. What miracle makes it into all four gospels?
3. Who wrote Mere Christianity?
4. What do modern Christians call the final week of Jesus?
5. After Jesus feeds the crowd of 5000, what is his next miracle?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the ultimate portrait of Jesus that Yancey comes up with?
2. What does Yancey note about the end times?
3. When Yancey's kitten is killed, what does he, the child, learn?
4. What did Yancey's study of the Old Testament teach him about the word Messiah?
5. What is the one miracle that is in all four biblical gospels?
6. What does Jesus leave behind?
7. What did Jesus mean by the Kingdom of God?
8. What event of the Last Supper startles Yancey?
9. What does Jesus say to Pilate when asked if he is the King of the Jews?
10. What was Jesus's first miracle?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What is meant by "dangled promises" in terms of the Beatitudes? What are the promises?
Essay Topic 2
What is the contrast that Yancey draws between the modern American depiction of Christmas and what he understands might have been the actual experience? What is the modern culture missing about who Jesus was in terms of his birth?
Essay Topic 3
What are the psychological realities within the teachings of the Beatitudes? Describe them and why Yancey believes they are so profound.
This section contains 670 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)