Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What miracle makes it into all four gospels?
2. What do 1st century Jews and modern evangelical Christians have in common?
3. What is Frederick Buechner struck by in reading about Jesus's appearances after the resurrection?
4. What does Yancey think Easter makes Jesus?
5. Who wrote the Japanese novel Silence?
Essay Topic 1
What do the Gospels mean when they identify Jesus as the Son of God and what then is the importance of his meeting with Satan in the wilderness? Would the meaning change if Jesus were simply a rabbi?
Essay Topic 2
What does Yancey want to confront the present day church with in terms of the issue of being Pharisees? What does he believe Jesus would say to the modern church about its exclusive nature?
Essay Topic 3
Ultimately, what for Yancey is the difference that Jesus makes? Using Chapter 14, trace out the primary strain of hope that Yancey so profoundly connects to in Jesus. What is Yancey's final understanding of who Jesus is?
This section contains 231 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)