|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does a Pharisee do according to Greg, in Chapter 8?
2. Who were the first witnesses to the resurrection?
3. Who wrote the Japanese novel Silence?
4. What is missing from Thomas Jefferson's version of the New Testament?
5. What does Jesus ask of God in his final prayers?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Jesus's death on the cross bridge, theologically speaking?
2. Who were the first witnesses to the risen Christ?
3. What was Jesus's first miracle?
4. What does Yancey reveal in Chapter 11 about why he believes in the resurrection?
5. What is the significance of the grandmother's tombstone, which says, "Waiting"?
6. When Yancey's kitten is killed, what does he, the child, learn?
7. Who is the only named person in Jesus's parables?
8. What does Jesus say about the woman who comes into the respectable house of Simon and wipes Jesus's feet with her hair?
9. What is the one miracle that is in all four biblical gospels?
10. What did the Pharisees of Jesus's day think of him?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Ultimately, what for Yancey is the difference that Jesus makes? Using Chapter 14, trace out the primary strain of hope that Yancey so profoundly connects to in Jesus. What is Yancey's final understanding of who Jesus is?
Essay Topic 2
What are the two reasons Yancey gives for Jesus investing so much in the 12 disciples? What is Jesus revealing about himself in his choice and commitment to his disciples?
Essay Topic 3
Does Yancey believe in the Resurrection? What is his struggle? How does he overcome his doubts and fears?
This section contains 659 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)