|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Martin Luther encourage his students to do?
2. According to Yancey, how many times does the Qur'an apply the word "love" to God?
3. What is missing from Thomas Jefferson's version of the New Testament?
4. Yancey says that by ascending Jesus took the risk of what?
5. What do the angels say to the disciples on the day of Ascension?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Jesus mean by the Kingdom of God?
2. What does Yancey notice about the last parables that Jesus tells?
3. What did Yancey's study of the Old Testament teach him about the word Messiah?
4. What event of the Last Supper startles Yancey?
5. What is the ultimate portrait of Jesus that Yancey comes up with?
6. What is unusual about leprosy patients and their illness?
7. What does Yancey note about the end times?
8. What does Yancey say about how Easter affects who Jesus is for us?
9. What does Jesus leave behind?
10. What is ironic about Jesus entering into Jerusalem on a donkey?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What are the basic characteristics of the sub-groups within the Jewish culture: Essenes, Zealots, Sadducees, and Pharisees?
Describe each and what part they played in the culture of Jesus's day.
Essay Topic 2
What in the Pharisee-influenced world that Jesus lived in did he stand against? Why was he so radical in terms of his own present day religious climate?
Essay Topic 3
Why does Yancey see the miracles of Jesus as signs? What are they signs of and how does that function in the larger understanding of who Jesus is?
This section contains 721 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)