|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Yancey says that by ascending Jesus took the risk of what?
2. What does the priest give out to everyone at the Greek Orthodox Easter service?
3. What does Yancey think Easter makes Jesus?
4. What does "Deus Absconditus" mean?
5. What did Constantine do that changed Christianity forever?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Yancey notice about the last parables that Jesus tells?
2. What is the one miracle that is in all four biblical gospels?
3. What did Yancey's study of the Old Testament teach him about the word Messiah?
4. What did the Zealots want to do in the 1st century?
5. What does Yancey note about the end times?
6. What was Jesus's first miracle?
7. What is unusual about leprosy patients and their illness?
8. Who betrays Jesus to the Jewish and Roman authorities?
9. What does Jesus leave behind?
10. What event of the Last Supper startles Yancey?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What are the psychological realities within the teachings of the Beatitudes? Describe them and why Yancey believes they are so profound.
Essay Topic 2
Why is it important for Christians to acknowledge the Jewish roots of Jesus? What might have been different over the past 2000 years if Jesus had been identified more strongly as a Jewish rabbi?
Essay Topic 3
Briefly describe the profile of Jesus that Yancey lays out in Chapter 2. What word associations does he choose and why?
This section contains 645 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)