Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What miracle makes it into all four gospels?
2. What do 1st century Jews and modern evangelical Christians have in common?
3. What is Frederick Buechner struck by in reading about Jesus's appearances after the resurrection?
4. What does Yancey think Easter makes Jesus?
5. Who wrote the Japanese novel Silence?
Essay Topic 1
Ultimately, what for Yancey is the difference that Jesus makes? Using Chapter 14, trace out the primary strain of hope that Yancey so profoundly connects to in Jesus. What is Yancey's final understanding of who Jesus is?
Essay Topic 2
What is Yancey's theory about why the historical figure of Jesus has been changed by various cultures and groups to represent very different images? How and why did this happen over time?
Essay Topic 3
Describe the major stages of the last week of Jesus based on Chapter 10.
1) Identify each stage.
2) What does each stage represent theologically for Yancey?
This section contains 215 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)