|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who directs Jesus of Nazareth?
2. What does Yancey do for snowbound weeks in Colorado?
3. When are the Gospels written?
4. Why is Yancey drawn to Jesus, according to Chapter 1?
5. How old is Jesus when he dies?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Yancey say is the true meaning of Christmas?
2. What was Jesus's first miracle?
3. What does Jesus's death on the cross bridge, theologically speaking?
4. Why does Yancey grow up not knowing any Jewish people?
5. What does Yancey do with the extremism of Jesus?
6. What are the Beatitudes?
7. Why does Yancey find the Beatitudes so difficult?
8. What does Jesus change about the way people worship?
9. What is Yancey's purpose in writing The Jesus I Thought I Knew?
10. What does Jesus recommend as a punishment for lustful thinking?
Essay Topic 1
Briefly describe the profile of Jesus that Yancey lays out in Chapter 2. What word associations does he choose and why?
Essay Topic 2
Why is it important for Christians to acknowledge the Jewish roots of Jesus? What might have been different over the past 2000 years if Jesus had been identified more strongly as a Jewish rabbi?
Essay Topic 3
What does Yancey want to confront the present day church with in terms of the issue of being Pharisees? What does he believe Jesus would say to the modern church about its exclusive nature?
This section contains 1,240 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)