|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Walter Wink say about Jesus in Chapter 1?
2. How old is Jesus when he dies?
3. How many women are mentioned in the genealogy of Jesus in Matthew?
4. Where does Virginia Stem Owens teach?
5. How does Albert Schweitzer interpret the Sermon on the Mount?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are the three levels of the Beatitudes in Chapter 6?
2. What does Jesus recommend as a punishment for lustful thinking?
3. What does Jesus say to Pilate when asked if he is the King of the Jews?
4. What does Yancey reveal in Chapter 11 about why he believes in the resurrection?
5. What does Jesus's death on the cross bridge, theologically speaking?
6. What does Jesus say about the woman who comes into the respectable house of Simon and wipes Jesus's feet with her hair?
7. Who is the only named person in Jesus's parables?
8. What event of the Last Supper startles Yancey?
9. What is it that restores Jesus's humanity for Yancey?
10. Why does Yancey start Chapter 5 with a quote from Napoleon?
Essay Topic 1
Describe the general historical context Jesus grew up in based on Chapter 3
1) What was the world like when Jesus walked the earth?
2) Who was in charge?
3) What was the political and religious atmosphere?
Essay Topic 2
What did Jesus mean by the term "my kingdom"? How does Yancey see the Kingdom of God as different from national or political entities? What does Yancey believe the kingdom of God means?
Essay Topic 3
Why is it important for Christians to acknowledge the Jewish roots of Jesus? What might have been different over the past 2000 years if Jesus had been identified more strongly as a Jewish rabbi?
This section contains 1,296 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)