|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does the German Christian Church admire in 1933?
2. What does Wim Wender makes films about?
3. How many ordinary activities do the Pharisees outlaw on the Sabbath?
4. What type of Messiah is Jesus?
5. What magazine is Jimmy Carter famously interviewed about lust in?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the one word label Yancey would bestow upon Jesus?
2. What does Jesus recommend as a punishment for lustful thinking?
3. What does Yancey say is the true meaning of Christmas?
4. Who is Rabbi Menachem Mendel Schneerson?
5. What are the Beatitudes?
6. What is Yancey's interpretation of why God decided not to come in clouds of glory and fix everything?
7. Why does Yancey find the Beatitudes so difficult?
8. What is the Golden Rule?
9. What does Yancey say the Communist party had trouble with?
10. What did Jesus look like?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What do the Gospels mean when they identify Jesus as the Son of God and what then is the importance of his meeting with Satan in the wilderness? Would the meaning change if Jesus were simply a rabbi?
Essay Topic 2
Why does Yancey choose the title rabbi to most closely describe who the historical Jesus was? What does rabbi mean? How does Yancey describe what a rabbi is? Why is Jesus a rabbi?
Essay Topic 3
Describe the major stages of the last week of Jesus based on Chapter 10.
1) Identify each stage.
2) What does each stage represent theologically for Yancey?
This section contains 579 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)