|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the former mouth piece of the Community Party?
2. How many Jews live in the Roman Empire in the first century?
3. Where are the headquarters of the Wycliffe Bible translators?
4. How many times is the Augustus Caesar mentioned in the Bible?
5. How many people are killed in the earthquake of 31 B.C. in Palestine?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Henri Nouwen do that is so unusual?
2. What are the three levels of the Beatitudes in Chapter 6?
3. What does Yancey say about how Easter affects who Jesus is for us?
4. What did Jesus mean by the Kingdom of God?
5. What is Jacob Neuser's primary objection to Jesus?
6. What did Jesus look like?
7. What language did Jesus speak growing up?
8. What did the students at Texas A & M think of the Beatitudes?
9. What is Yancey's interpretation of why God decided not to come in clouds of glory and fix everything?
10. What may Satan have taken away from the confrontation with Jesus in the wilderness?
Essay Topic 1
Why is it important for Christians to acknowledge the Jewish roots of Jesus? What might have been different over the past 2000 years if Jesus had been identified more strongly as a Jewish rabbi?
Essay Topic 2
What are the psychological realities within the teachings of the Beatitudes? Describe them and why Yancey believes they are so profound.
Essay Topic 3
What did Jesus mean by the term "my kingdom"? How does Yancey see the Kingdom of God as different from national or political entities? What does Yancey believe the kingdom of God means?
This section contains 1,247 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)