Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the word "gospel" mean?
2. What does the Gospel of Mark say about why Jesus chose the Twelve?
3. What is the name of the former mouth piece of the Community Party?
4. What does Jesus refuse to do with Satan?
5. Who is the treasurer for Jesus's disciples?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Yancey object to in sentimental Christmas card portrayals of Jesus?
2. What is Jacob Neuser's primary objection to Jesus?
3. What does Jesus say about the woman who comes into the respectable house of Simon and wipes Jesus's feet with her hair?
4. Who is the only named person in Jesus's parables?
5. What were the Maccabeans fighting against?
6. What did Jesus look like?
7. What does Henri Nouwen do that is so unusual?
8. What is unusual about leprosy patients and their illness?
9. What did Mother Teresa say about what she tried to provide for the ill?
10. What is the ultimate portrait of Jesus that Yancey comes up with?
Essay Topic 1
What did Jesus mean by the term "my kingdom"? How does Yancey see the Kingdom of God as different from national or political entities? What does Yancey believe the kingdom of God means?
Essay Topic 2
Free will is a major concept in Christianity and Yancey ties this theological concept strongly to the temptation of Christ in the wilderness.
Choose one of the following to write about.
1) How does the concept of free will fit in with the temptation of Christ in the wilderness?
2) Why would God send a helpless, suffering Messiah?
3) Why does Jesus have so little power and not accept the power Satan would offer him?
Essay Topic 3
What are the two reasons Yancey gives for Jesus investing so much in the 12 disciples? What is Jesus revealing about himself in his choice and commitment to his disciples?
This section contains 696 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)