|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who defends Jesus at his trials?
(a) A large group of Pharisees.
(b) Judas and Herod.
(c) No one.
(d) Paul, Silas, and Peter.
2. What does the priest give out to everyone at the Greek Orthodox Easter service?
(a) An empty cross.
(b) Greek Bibles.
(c) Three eggs.
(d) Memorial coins.
3. Why has the name Judas died out?
(a) Too close to "Jesus."
(b) Sounds like a girl's name.
(c) Reminds people of money lending.
(d) He was a notorious traitor.
4. What is Zacchaeus's profession?
(b) Tax collector.
5. How is God's kingdom different than a human kingdom, according to Yancey in Chapter 13?
(a) God is the king in his kingdom.
(b) We can't know the answer to that.
(c) It is bigger.
(d) It lives and grows on the inside of human beings.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Shusaku Endo grow up?
2. Why does Yancey like the concept of God's law?
3. Where does Jesus pray for hours before he is arrested?
4. Who writes the poem that opens Chapter 12?
5. What is Frederick Buechner struck by in reading about Jesus's appearances after the resurrection?
This section contains 229 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)