|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Martin Luther encourage his students to do?
(a) Turn the page when they got stuck.
(b) Become Buddhist and then convert back.
(c) Travel until they felt very lost.
(d) Flee the hidden God and run to Christ.
2. What changes politically with the death of Jesus?
(b) The Roman Empire falls very quickly.
(c) Herod the Great is murdered.
(d) Jews begin to rule again in Palestine.
3. After Jesus feeds the crowd of 5000, what is his next miracle?
(a) Walks on water.
(b) None, that was the last.
(c) Feeds a crowd of 10,000.
(d) Makes a fish appear out of thin air.
4. How long is Jesus with the disciples between the Resurrection and Ascension?
(a) 1 hour.
(b) 1 year.
(c) Six weeks.
(d) Three days.
5. What does Yancey say the epicenter of the disciples belief is?
(a) Miracles of healing.
(b) Jesus's teaching.
(c) Jesus's birth.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jesus say when Pilate asks him if he is the King of the Jews?
2. What was torn in two when Jesus died on the cross?
3. What is the feeling of the resurrection stories in the Bible?
4. What does a leper in Jesus's time have to call out?
5. What does Yancey learn from the kitten's death?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is ironic about Jesus entering into Jerusalem on a donkey?
2. What does Yancey note about the end times?
3. What does Jesus say about the woman who comes into the respectable house of Simon and wipes Jesus's feet with her hair?
4. When Yancey's kitten is killed, what does he, the child, learn?
5. What did Yancey's study of the Old Testament teach him about the word Messiah?
6. What is the ultimate portrait of Jesus that Yancey comes up with?
7. What does Jesus's death on the cross bridge, theologically speaking?
8. What does Yancey reveal in Chapter 11 about why he believes in the resurrection?
9. What was Jesus's first miracle?
10. What does Jesus say to Pilate when asked if he is the King of the Jews?
This section contains 753 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)