|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What miracle makes it into all four gospels?
(a) Healing Jaipur's daughter.
(b) Healing the blind man.
(c) Feeding the crowd of 5000.
(d) Raising Lazarus.
2. What do 1st century Jews and modern evangelical Christians have in common?
(a) Both want a conquering hero as Messiah.
(b) They have nothing in common.
(c) Same determination to be right.
(d) Used the scriptures as a guide.
3. What is Frederick Buechner struck by in reading about Jesus's appearances after the resurrection?
(a) Very few people saw him.
(b) Many people saw him.
(c) Unglamorous quality of it.
(d) Both men and women saw him.
4. What does Yancey think Easter makes Jesus?
(c) More intelligent.
5. Who wrote the Japanese novel Silence?
(a) John Banto.
(b) Shusako Endo.
(c) Phil Yancey.
(d) Andy Bain.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Martin Luther encourage his students to do?
2. Why does Zacchaeus climb the tree?
3. What does Yancey believe about the gospel of Jesus?
4. What bombshell does Jesus drop during the last supper?
5. Who writes the poem that opens Chapter 12?
This section contains 266 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)