|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why has the name Judas died out?
(a) He was a notorious traitor.
(b) Sounds like a girl's name.
(c) Too close to "Jesus."
(d) Reminds people of money lending.
2. What is the Ascension?
(a) The disciples are filled with the Holy Spirit.
(b) Jesus returning to heaven in a mystical way.
(c) The long spiritual climb to perfection.
(d) Virgin Mary comes down to earth and gets her son.
3. Who defends Jesus at his trials?
(a) Paul, Silas, and Peter.
(b) A large group of Pharisees.
(c) No one.
(d) Judas and Herod.
4. What does Christos/Christ mean in Hebrew?
(c) Son of God.
(d) Son of Man.
5. Who is it that has applied the most layers of dirt and grime on Jesus?
(a) The church.
Short Answer Questions
1. What three things does Jesus ask his disciples to do in memory of him?
2. What does Yancey say about human preoccupation with the "end times"?
3. What temptation has the church faced since the time of Constantine?
4. How do the New Testament Jews refer to God?
5. What did the 1st century Zealots want to do?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the ultimate portrait of Jesus that Yancey comes up with?
2. What did Yancey's study of the Old Testament teach him about the word Messiah?
3. What did Jesus mean by the Kingdom of God?
4. What is the significance of the grandmother's tombstone, which says, "Waiting"?
5. Who were the first witnesses to the risen Christ?
6. Who is the only named person in Jesus's parables?
7. What is unusual about leprosy patients and their illness?
8. Why does Yancey title Chapter 11 "A Morning Beyond Belief?"
9. When Yancey's kitten is killed, what does he, the child, learn?
10. What does Jesus say about the woman who comes into the respectable house of Simon and wipes Jesus's feet with her hair?
This section contains 781 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)