|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the first Christians stake everything on?
(a) The Resurrection.
(b) Nothing, they were utterly lost.
(c) A new religion.
(d) Paul's theology.
2. What is unusual about the disease of leprosy?
(a) A leper feels no physical pain.
(b) Leprosy only occurs in hot climates.
(c) There is no cause.
(d) Lepers lose the ability to sing.
3. What does the Bible say about why Judas betrayed Jesus?
(a) Jealousy was in him.
(b) Satan entered him.
(c) He wanted money.
(d) He wanted to be Jesus.
4. According to Yancey, how many times does the Qur'an apply the word "love" to God?
(d) Endless times.
5. How are Roman citizens executed?
(c) Shot through the heart.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do the New Testament Jews refer to God?
2. What was torn in two when Jesus died on the cross?
3. Why does the leprosy patient cry when Dr. Brand greets him?
4. What is the Ascension?
5. Who writes the poem that opens Chapter 12?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Jesus say to Pilate when asked if he is the King of the Jews?
2. What event of the Last Supper startles Yancey?
3. Why is the day of crucifixion called "Good Friday"?
4. Does Yancey think Jesus wanted to leave?
5. Who is the only named person in Jesus's parables?
6. Who betrays Jesus to the Jewish and Roman authorities?
7. What did Mother Teresa say about what she tried to provide for the ill?
8. Who were the first witnesses to the risen Christ?
9. What is the one miracle that is in all four biblical gospels?
10. What does Yancey note about the end times?
This section contains 673 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)