|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was torn in two when Jesus died on the cross?
(a) The heart of his mother.
(b) The sky.
(c) God's spirit.
(d) The curtain of the temple.
2. Why does the leprosy patient cry when Dr. Brand greets him?
(a) He was frightened.
(b) No one had touched him in many years.
(c) He felt lost and alone.
(d) It hurt when Dr. Brand shook his hand.
3. What is unusual about the disease of leprosy?
(a) Leprosy only occurs in hot climates.
(b) A leper feels no physical pain.
(c) Lepers lose the ability to sing.
(d) There is no cause.
4. For Yancey, what was Jesus obscured by in the churches he grew up in?
(a) Racism, intolerance, and petty legalism.
(b) Modern music and loose morals.
(c) American politics.
(d) Evangelical fervor.
5. What for Yancey does the Old Testament underscore?
(a) God is angry with humanity.
(b) Poetry is the only way to describe God.
(c) People are angry with God.
(d) The vast gulf between God and humanity.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the Pharisees think of Jesus?
2. What was Jesus's first miracle?
3. What worries Yancey about modern Christians and politicians?
4. What does Yancey say about human preoccupation with the "end times"?
5. Why does Zacchaeus climb the tree?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is unusual about leprosy patients and their illness?
2. What did Yancey's study of the Old Testament teach him about the word Messiah?
3. What was Jesus's first miracle?
4. Why is the day of crucifixion called "Good Friday"?
5. Who were the first witnesses to the risen Christ?
6. What did Jesus mean by the Kingdom of God?
7. What did Mother Teresa say about what she tried to provide for the ill?
8. What does Jesus say about the woman who comes into the respectable house of Simon and wipes Jesus's feet with her hair?
9. What does Yancey reveal in Chapter 11 about why he believes in the resurrection?
10. What does Jesus say to Pilate when asked if he is the King of the Jews?
This section contains 806 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)