|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Jesus command Jairus's daughter to come back to life?
(a) "She is only asleep."
(b) "Rise, and be well!"
(c) "My child, get up!"
(d) "Satan, get behind thee."
2. What worries Yancey about modern Christians and politicians?
(a) Christians are courted by savvy politicians.
(b) Everyone should be voting for Christian politicians.
(c) Politicians don't realize how powerful Christians are.
(d) Christians should run for office more often.
3. According to Yancey, how many times does the Qur'an apply the word "love" to God?
(b) Endless times.
4. Who were the first witnesses to the resurrection?
(a) Apostle Paul.
(b) John and Judas.
(c) Passing children.
(d) The women who went to the tomb.
5. What does Yancey believe about the gospel of Jesus?
(a) The Gospels are not written by Jesus.
(b) It is not a political platform.
(c) We need new teaching that supersedes Jesus.
(d) It was temporary and no longer has meaning.
Short Answer Questions
1. How are Roman citizens executed?
2. Who is it that has applied the most layers of dirt and grime on Jesus?
3. What miracle is the last great "sign"?
4. What is Frederick Buechner struck by in reading about Jesus's appearances after the resurrection?
5. After Jesus feeds the crowd of 5000, what is his next miracle?
This section contains 248 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)