|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Yancey say the epicenter of the disciples belief is?
(a) Jesus's teaching.
(b) Jesus's birth.
(d) Miracles of healing.
2. Who wrote the Japanese novel Silence?
(a) Shusako Endo.
(b) Phil Yancey.
(c) Andy Bain.
(d) John Banto.
3. What is Zacchaeus's profession?
(c) Tax collector.
4. What did the first Christians stake everything on?
(a) The Resurrection.
(b) A new religion.
(c) Nothing, they were utterly lost.
(d) Paul's theology.
5. What does the priest give out to everyone at the Greek Orthodox Easter service?
(a) An empty cross.
(b) Memorial coins.
(c) Three eggs.
(d) Greek Bibles.
Short Answer Questions
1. After Jesus feeds the crowd of 5000, what is his next miracle?
2. What does Jesus ask of God in his final prayers?
3. Yancey says that by ascending Jesus took the risk of what?
4. What does Christos/Christ mean in Hebrew?
5. What three things does Jesus ask his disciples to do in memory of him?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is ironic about Jesus entering into Jerusalem on a donkey?
2. What is the significance of the grandmother's tombstone, which says, "Waiting"?
3. What event of the Last Supper startles Yancey?
4. What does Jesus leave behind?
5. What does Yancey say about how Easter affects who Jesus is for us?
6. Why does Yancey title Chapter 11 "A Morning Beyond Belief?"
7. What does Yancey notice about the last parables that Jesus tells?
8. What is the one miracle that is in all four biblical gospels?
9. When Yancey's kitten is killed, what does he, the child, learn?
10. Who were the first witnesses to the risen Christ?
This section contains 689 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)