|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does a Pharisee do according to Greg, in Chapter 8?
(a) Makes up rules.
(b) Follows God's law.
(c) Looks down on other people.
(d) Ruins heaven.
2. How does Jesus command Jairus's daughter to come back to life?
(a) "Rise, and be well!"
(b) "Satan, get behind thee."
(c) "My child, get up!"
(d) "She is only asleep."
3. What does Jesus do at the last supper that Yancey finds surprising?
(a) Sits with Mary.
(b) Gives a speech.
(c) Washes his disciples' feet.
(d) Paints a picture of heaven.
4. When Jesus departs, where does he leave the keys to the kingdom, according to Yancey?
(a) He doesn't leave any keys.
(b) In our fumbling hands.
(c) To his mother Mary.
(d) He gives it to Peter.
5. What do modern Christians call the final week of Jesus?
(b) End Game.
(c) Walk to the cross.
(d) Holy Week.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Yancey's father die of?
2. Did Jesus call himself a Messiah?
3. What leader beheads John the Baptist?
4. What is the Ascension?
5. How long is Jesus with the disciples between the Resurrection and Ascension?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Jesus mean by the Kingdom of God?
2. What did Yancey's study of the Old Testament teach him about the word Messiah?
3. What does Yancey say about how Easter affects who Jesus is for us?
4. Does Yancey think Jesus wanted to leave?
5. What does Yancey reveal in Chapter 11 about why he believes in the resurrection?
6. Why does Yancey title Chapter 11 "A Morning Beyond Belief?"
7. Why was Jesus's attitude towards women so revolutionary?
8. What event of the Last Supper startles Yancey?
9. What did the Pharisees of Jesus's day think of him?
10. What does Yancey note about the end times?
This section contains 710 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)