|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does "Deus Absconditus" mean?
(a) Where is God now?
(b) God Absolutely.
(c) Deity Neigh.
(d) Absence of Deus.
2. What does Yancey think Easter makes Jesus?
(a) More intelligent.
3. In Chapter 14, why does Yancey say he is a Christian?
(a) Makes the most sense.
(b) Jesus and no good alternatives.
(c) Born into it.
(d) He's not sure.
4. What is the feeling of the resurrection stories in the Bible?
(a) Just what everyone expected.
(d) Sense of revenge against Romans.
5. What is Zacchaeus's profession?
(b) Tax collector.
Short Answer Questions
1. What word is on the grandmother's tombstone under the live oak tree?
2. What does Jesus say when Pilate asks him if he is the King of the Jews?
3. What does a Pharisee do according to Greg, in Chapter 8?
4. What did the first Christians stake everything on?
5. What does Dr. Paul Brand specialize in?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the ultimate portrait of Jesus that Yancey comes up with?
2. Who is the only named person in Jesus's parables?
3. What does Yancey notice about the last parables that Jesus tells?
4. Who were the first witnesses to the risen Christ?
5. What did the Zealots want to do in the 1st century?
6. What did Jesus mean by the Kingdom of God?
7. What does Jesus say about the woman who comes into the respectable house of Simon and wipes Jesus's feet with her hair?
8. What event of the Last Supper startles Yancey?
9. Why is the day of crucifixion called "Good Friday"?
10. What was Jesus's first miracle?
This section contains 675 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)