|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do modern Christians call the final week of Jesus?
(b) Holy Week.
(c) End Game.
(d) Walk to the cross.
2. What bombshell does Jesus drop during the last supper?
(a) He has run out of money.
(b) Silence must be kept.
(c) There is no God.
(d) That one of the disciples will betray him.
3. What does Mother Teresa try to provide for leprosy patients?
(a) A place where they feel wanted.
(b) An easy death.
(c) Separation from society.
(d) Drugs and x-rays.
4. How do the New Testament Jews refer to God?
(c) Great God Almighty.
5. What does a Pharisee do according to Greg, in Chapter 8?
(a) Looks down on other people.
(b) Follows God's law.
(c) Ruins heaven.
(d) Makes up rules.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is it that has applied the most layers of dirt and grime on Jesus?
2. What was torn in two when Jesus died on the cross?
3. What word is on the grandmother's tombstone under the live oak tree?
4. How often is the Most Holy Place entered by the High Priest?
5. What did the first Christians stake everything on?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was Jesus's first miracle?
2. What does Jesus say to Pilate when asked if he is the King of the Jews?
3. What does Jesus leave behind?
4. Does Yancey think Jesus wanted to leave?
5. What does Yancey note about the end times?
6. Who is the only named person in Jesus's parables?
7. What is the one miracle that is in all four biblical gospels?
8. What event of the Last Supper startles Yancey?
9. What is the significance of the grandmother's tombstone, which says, "Waiting"?
10. What does Yancey reveal in Chapter 11 about why he believes in the resurrection?
This section contains 661 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)