|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Yancey say about human preoccupation with the "end times"?
(a) Now is the only time the concept of end times has appeared.
(b) Many ages and eras have believed the end was near.
(c) The disciples were the last to think about the end times.
(d) Jesus never promises an end time.
2. How many times does the word "kingdom" appear in the gospel of Matthew?
3. What does Yancey learn from the kitten's death?
(a) Death is irreversible.
(b) Life isn't fair.
(c) There aren't always answers.
(d) We are all fragile.
4. Why does the leprosy patient cry when Dr. Brand greets him?
(a) It hurt when Dr. Brand shook his hand.
(b) No one had touched him in many years.
(c) He was frightened.
(d) He felt lost and alone.
5. What does Surgeon General Koop say the new leprosy is?
(b) Toxic elements.
(c) Mental illness.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the Pharisees think of Jesus?
2. What is Frederick Buechner struck by in reading about Jesus's appearances after the resurrection?
3. What three things does Jesus ask his disciples to do in memory of him?
4. How long is Jesus with the disciples between the Resurrection and Ascension?
5. What is a basic reason Yancey is open to believing the Easter story?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Jesus mean by the Kingdom of God?
2. Does Yancey think Jesus wanted to leave?
3. Who betrays Jesus to the Jewish and Roman authorities?
4. When Yancey's kitten is killed, what does he, the child, learn?
5. What event of the Last Supper startles Yancey?
6. What is unusual about leprosy patients and their illness?
7. What does Yancey notice about the last parables that Jesus tells?
8. What does Jesus say about the woman who comes into the respectable house of Simon and wipes Jesus's feet with her hair?
9. What did Mother Teresa say about what she tried to provide for the ill?
10. What is the one miracle that is in all four biblical gospels?
This section contains 737 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)