|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Yancey think of what the church brings?
(a) He thinks the church should be destroyed.
(b) It is all bad.
(c) It is all good.
(d) Both light and darkness.
2. What does "Deus Absconditus" mean?
(a) God Absolutely.
(b) Absence of Deus.
(c) Where is God now?
(d) Deity Neigh.
3. What was torn in two when Jesus died on the cross?
(a) The heart of his mother.
(b) The curtain of the temple.
(c) God's spirit.
(d) The sky.
4. What leader beheads John the Baptist?
(b) Pontius PIlate.
(c) Julius Caesar.
5. According to Yancey, how many times does the Qur'an apply the word "love" to God?
(a) Endless times.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Yancey learn from the kitten's death?
2. What does the Bible say about why Judas betrayed Jesus?
3. What does Mother Teresa try to provide for leprosy patients?
4. Who writes the poem that opens Chapter 12?
5. What bombshell does Jesus drop during the last supper?
Short Essay Questions
1. What event of the Last Supper startles Yancey?
2. What is ironic about Jesus entering into Jerusalem on a donkey?
3. What was Jesus's first miracle?
4. What does Yancey note about the end times?
5. What is unusual about leprosy patients and their illness?
6. Does Yancey think Jesus wanted to leave?
7. What is the significance of the grandmother's tombstone, which says, "Waiting"?
8. What did the Pharisees of Jesus's day think of him?
9. Who is the only named person in Jesus's parables?
10. Why does Yancey title Chapter 11 "A Morning Beyond Belief?"
This section contains 640 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)