|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Yancey like the concept of God's law?
(a) Law is solid ground.
(b) Under law, he knows where he ranks.
(c) Law can be interpreted clearly.
(d) Love is too vague to live by.
2. Who killed the kitten?
(a) Wild foxes.
(b) Pugs, the Boston Terrier.
3. What did Martin Luther encourage his students to do?
(a) Turn the page when they got stuck.
(b) Become Buddhist and then convert back.
(c) Travel until they felt very lost.
(d) Flee the hidden God and run to Christ.
4. How many times does the word "kingdom" appear in the gospel of Matthew?
5. Where does Shusaku Endo grow up?
Short Answer Questions
1. When Jesus departs, where does he leave the keys to the kingdom, according to Yancey?
2. How does Jesus command Jairus's daughter to come back to life?
3. For Yancey, what was Jesus obscured by in the churches he grew up in?
4. What does Yancey's father die of?
5. After Jesus feeds the crowd of 5000, what is his next miracle?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who betrays Jesus to the Jewish and Roman authorities?
2. What does Jesus say about the woman who comes into the respectable house of Simon and wipes Jesus's feet with her hair?
3. What does Jesus leave behind?
4. What does Yancey say about how Easter affects who Jesus is for us?
5. What does Yancey notice about the last parables that Jesus tells?
6. Does Yancey think Jesus wanted to leave?
7. Who is the only named person in Jesus's parables?
8. What did Yancey's study of the Old Testament teach him about the word Messiah?
9. What is the one miracle that is in all four biblical gospels?
10. What does Yancey note about the end times?
This section contains 698 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)