|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Dr. Paul Brand specialize in?
(b) Mental illness.
(d) Stigma disorders.
2. What miracle makes it into all four gospels?
(a) Healing Jaipur's daughter.
(b) Healing the blind man.
(c) Feeding the crowd of 5000.
(d) Raising Lazarus.
3. What does Yancey's father die of?
4. What changes politically with the death of Jesus?
(a) Jews begin to rule again in Palestine.
(b) Herod the Great is murdered.
(c) The Roman Empire falls very quickly.
5. What are Samaritians called?
(a) Kind people.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the 1st century Zealots want to do?
2. What did the first Christians stake everything on?
3. What did Constantine do that changed Christianity forever?
4. What is the Ascension?
5. What is the name of Yancey's kitten that died?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Jesus say about the woman who comes into the respectable house of Simon and wipes Jesus's feet with her hair?
2. What event of the Last Supper startles Yancey?
3. What did Yancey's study of the Old Testament teach him about the word Messiah?
4. What is the ultimate portrait of Jesus that Yancey comes up with?
5. When Yancey's kitten is killed, what does he, the child, learn?
6. What is the significance of the grandmother's tombstone, which says, "Waiting"?
7. Who betrays Jesus to the Jewish and Roman authorities?
8. What does Yancey notice about the last parables that Jesus tells?
9. What does Yancey note about the end times?
10. What does Jesus's death on the cross bridge, theologically speaking?
This section contains 709 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)