|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the priest give out to everyone at the Greek Orthodox Easter service?
(a) Memorial coins.
(b) Greek Bibles.
(c) Three eggs.
(d) An empty cross.
2. What does Yancey say about human preoccupation with the "end times"?
(a) The disciples were the last to think about the end times.
(b) Now is the only time the concept of end times has appeared.
(c) Jesus never promises an end time.
(d) Many ages and eras have believed the end was near.
3. What did the first Christians stake everything on?
(a) Nothing, they were utterly lost.
(b) Paul's theology.
(c) The Resurrection.
(d) A new religion.
4. What does Mother Teresa try to provide for leprosy patients?
(a) A place where they feel wanted.
(b) Separation from society.
(c) An easy death.
(d) Drugs and x-rays.
5. What does Yancey believe about the gospel of Jesus?
(a) The Gospels are not written by Jesus.
(b) It was temporary and no longer has meaning.
(c) It is not a political platform.
(d) We need new teaching that supersedes Jesus.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Yancey, how many times does the Qur'an apply the word "love" to God?
2. How are Roman citizens executed?
3. What do Peter and Judas have in common?
4. For Yancey, what was Jesus obscured by in the churches he grew up in?
5. Did Jesus call himself a Messiah?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why was Jesus's attitude towards women so revolutionary?
2. What does Jesus leave behind?
3. What does Jesus say about the woman who comes into the respectable house of Simon and wipes Jesus's feet with her hair?
4. What is the one miracle that is in all four biblical gospels?
5. What does Jesus's death on the cross bridge, theologically speaking?
6. What did Jesus mean by the Kingdom of God?
7. What did the Pharisees of Jesus's day think of him?
8. Does Yancey think Jesus wanted to leave?
9. What does Yancey say about how Easter affects who Jesus is for us?
10. What did the Zealots want to do in the 1st century?
This section contains 713 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)