|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long is Jesus with the disciples between the Resurrection and Ascension?
(a) 1 year.
(b) Six weeks.
(c) 1 hour.
(d) Three days.
2. How often is the Most Holy Place entered by the High Priest?
(a) Each Sabbath at sunset.
(b) Every morning at 6.
(c) One day a year.
3. What does Christos/Christ mean in Hebrew?
(a) Son of Man.
(d) Son of God.
4. How is God's kingdom different than a human kingdom, according to Yancey in Chapter 13?
(a) God is the king in his kingdom.
(b) It lives and grows on the inside of human beings.
(c) It is bigger.
(d) We can't know the answer to that.
5. How do the New Testament Jews refer to God?
(a) Great God Almighty.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the feeling of the resurrection stories in the Bible?
2. Where does Shusaku Endo grow up?
3. What does Yancey think of what the church brings?
4. What for Yancey does the Old Testament underscore?
5. Who wrote Mere Christianity?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Jesus say about the woman who comes into the respectable house of Simon and wipes Jesus's feet with her hair?
2. What is the significance of the grandmother's tombstone, which says, "Waiting"?
3. What does Yancey notice about the last parables that Jesus tells?
4. What is unusual about leprosy patients and their illness?
5. What is ironic about Jesus entering into Jerusalem on a donkey?
6. Who betrays Jesus to the Jewish and Roman authorities?
7. What was Jesus's first miracle?
8. What did Jesus mean by the Kingdom of God?
9. Why does Yancey title Chapter 11 "A Morning Beyond Belief?"
10. What does Yancey reveal in Chapter 11 about why he believes in the resurrection?
This section contains 702 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)