|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is it that has applied the most layers of dirt and grime on Jesus?
(b) The church.
2. What does "Deus Absconditus" mean?
(a) Absence of Deus.
(b) Where is God now?
(c) God Absolutely.
(d) Deity Neigh.
3. How are Roman citizens executed?
(a) Shot through the heart.
4. In Jesus's, day what were the Jews looking for?
(a) Biblical narrative.
(b) Scientific knowledge.
(c) Military might.
(d) The end time and a Messiah to save them.
5. What did Martin Luther encourage his students to do?
(a) Travel until they felt very lost.
(b) Turn the page when they got stuck.
(c) Flee the hidden God and run to Christ.
(d) Become Buddhist and then convert back.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Yancey learn from the kitten's death?
2. Who wrote the Japanese novel Silence?
3. What temptation has the church faced since the time of Constantine?
4. In Chapter 14, why does Yancey say he is a Christian?
5. What word is on the grandmother's tombstone under the live oak tree?
Short Essay Questions
1. Does Yancey think Jesus wanted to leave?
2. When Yancey's kitten is killed, what does he, the child, learn?
3. What did the Zealots want to do in the 1st century?
4. What is the significance of the grandmother's tombstone, which says, "Waiting"?
5. What did Yancey's study of the Old Testament teach him about the word Messiah?
6. What does Yancey reveal in Chapter 11 about why he believes in the resurrection?
7. What did the Pharisees of Jesus's day think of him?
8. What does Jesus's death on the cross bridge, theologically speaking?
9. What is ironic about Jesus entering into Jerusalem on a donkey?
10. What does Yancey notice about the last parables that Jesus tells?
This section contains 696 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)