|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who killed the kitten?
(c) Pugs, the Boston Terrier.
(d) Wild foxes.
2. What does a leper in Jesus's time have to call out?
(b) "Make way!"
3. Who wrote the Japanese novel Silence?
(a) Andy Bain.
(b) John Banto.
(c) Shusako Endo.
(d) Phil Yancey.
4. What is Zacchaeus's profession?
(c) Tax collector.
5. What do Peter and Judas have in common?
(a) Related by blood, cousins.
(b) They both betrayed Jesus.
(c) They were both very old.
(d) They had nothing in common.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who defends Jesus at his trials?
2. What did Jesus believe was the true power?
3. What word is on the grandmother's tombstone under the live oak tree?
4. What do 1st century Jews and modern evangelical Christians have in common?
5. What changes politically with the death of Jesus?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Yancey's study of the Old Testament teach him about the word Messiah?
2. What was Jesus's first miracle?
3. What does Jesus's death on the cross bridge, theologically speaking?
4. What did Jesus mean by the Kingdom of God?
5. What does Yancey reveal in Chapter 11 about why he believes in the resurrection?
6. Does Yancey think Jesus wanted to leave?
7. Why is the day of crucifixion called "Good Friday"?
8. What does Yancey note about the end times?
9. What is the one miracle that is in all four biblical gospels?
10. What is unusual about leprosy patients and their illness?
This section contains 652 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)