|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Yancey say is the message of Jesus's miracles?
(a) Only God can heal.
(b) Early glimpses of what is to come.
(c) Jesus is God.
(d) Miracles happen randomly.
2. What does Mother Teresa try to provide for leprosy patients?
(a) Separation from society.
(b) Drugs and x-rays.
(c) A place where they feel wanted.
(d) An easy death.
3. What does the priest give out to everyone at the Greek Orthodox Easter service?
(a) An empty cross.
(b) Greek Bibles.
(c) Three eggs.
(d) Memorial coins.
4. What did Martin Luther encourage his students to do?
(a) Turn the page when they got stuck.
(b) Become Buddhist and then convert back.
(c) Travel until they felt very lost.
(d) Flee the hidden God and run to Christ.
5. What does Dr. Paul Brand specialize in?
(b) Stigma disorders.
(d) Mental illness.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Yancey think Easter makes Jesus?
2. Where was George Buttrick serving as chaplain?
3. In Chapter 14, why does Yancey say he is a Christian?
4. What is the Ascension?
5. What does a Pharisee do according to Greg, in Chapter 8?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Yancey note about the end times?
2. What did Yancey's study of the Old Testament teach him about the word Messiah?
3. What does Yancey reveal in Chapter 11 about why he believes in the resurrection?
4. What did the Zealots want to do in the 1st century?
5. Who betrays Jesus to the Jewish and Roman authorities?
6. What is unusual about leprosy patients and their illness?
7. What does Jesus say to Pilate when asked if he is the King of the Jews?
8. What is ironic about Jesus entering into Jerusalem on a donkey?
9. When Yancey's kitten is killed, what does he, the child, learn?
10. Who were the first witnesses to the risen Christ?
This section contains 710 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)