|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Zacchaeus climb the tree?
(a) He is too short to see Jesus.
(b) To drop things on people's heads.
(c) To get away from Jesus and the crowd.
(d) Wants more attention for himself.
2. Who killed the kitten?
(b) Wild foxes.
(d) Pugs, the Boston Terrier.
3. How is God's kingdom different than a human kingdom, according to Yancey in Chapter 13?
(a) It is bigger.
(b) It lives and grows on the inside of human beings.
(c) We can't know the answer to that.
(d) God is the king in his kingdom.
4. What is Zacchaeus's profession?
(c) Tax collector.
5. Who wrote the Japanese novel Silence?
(a) John Banto.
(b) Phil Yancey.
(c) Andy Bain.
(d) Shusako Endo.
Short Answer Questions
1. What leader beheads John the Baptist?
2. How do traditional Jews say the name of God?
3. How many times does the word "kingdom" appear in the gospel of Matthew?
4. What did Jesus believe was the true power?
5. Why does the leprosy patient cry when Dr. Brand greets him?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was Jesus's first miracle?
2. Who is the only named person in Jesus's parables?
3. What did the Zealots want to do in the 1st century?
4. What is the one miracle that is in all four biblical gospels?
5. What does Yancey note about the end times?
6. What did Yancey's study of the Old Testament teach him about the word Messiah?
7. Why was Jesus's attitude towards women so revolutionary?
8. What did Mother Teresa say about what she tried to provide for the ill?
9. When Yancey's kitten is killed, what does he, the child, learn?
10. What does Jesus say to Pilate when asked if he is the King of the Jews?
This section contains 677 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)