|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Christos/Christ mean in Hebrew?
(a) Son of Man.
(b) Son of God.
2. How do the New Testament Jews refer to God?
(a) Great God Almighty.
3. What does Jesus ask of God in his final prayers?
(a) Kill Pontius Pilate so I won't be hurt.
(b) Lift me immediately to heaven.
(c) Give me the power to vanquish Herod.
(d) Take this cup from me.
4. What does a Pharisee do according to Greg, in Chapter 8?
(a) Makes up rules.
(b) Looks down on other people.
(c) Ruins heaven.
(d) Follows God's law.
5. What did Constantine do that changed Christianity forever?
(a) Forced Europeans to accept Christ.
(b) Wrote a treatise on why Christ matters.
(c) Legalized it and made it a state subsidized religion.
(d) Made Sunday the Sabbath.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Jesus command Jairus's daughter to come back to life?
2. What did Jesus believe was the true power?
3. What is the name of Yancey's kitten that died?
4. How long is Jesus with the disciples between the Resurrection and Ascension?
5. What was Jesus's first miracle?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who betrays Jesus to the Jewish and Roman authorities?
2. What is the one miracle that is in all four biblical gospels?
3. Why is the day of crucifixion called "Good Friday"?
4. What did Yancey's study of the Old Testament teach him about the word Messiah?
5. What does Yancey note about the end times?
6. Why was Jesus's attitude towards women so revolutionary?
7. Who were the first witnesses to the risen Christ?
8. What does Yancey say about how Easter affects who Jesus is for us?
9. What did the Pharisees of Jesus's day think of him?
10. What was Jesus's first miracle?
This section contains 686 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)