|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does "Deus Absconditus" mean?
(a) Where is God now?
(b) Absence of Deus.
(c) Deity Neigh.
(d) God Absolutely.
2. Yancey says that by ascending Jesus took the risk of what?
(a) Not making a difference in the world.
(b) Never returning.
(c) Being forgotten.
(d) Allowing Satan to rule.
3. What temptation has the church faced since the time of Constantine?
(a) Being too much a part of the mainstream powers.
(b) Having too much money.
(c) Being the morals police of society.
(d) Supporting unjust regimes.
4. In Chapter 14, why does Yancey say he is a Christian?
(a) Born into it.
(b) Makes the most sense.
(c) He's not sure.
(d) Jesus and no good alternatives.
5. Who wrote Mere Christianity?
(a) Phil Quincy.
(b) Pope Pious IV.
(c) John Edwards.
(d) C.S. Lewis.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why has the name Judas died out?
2. Where does Shusaku Endo grow up?
3. How is God's kingdom different than a human kingdom, according to Yancey in Chapter 13?
4. What does Yancey say the epicenter of the disciples belief is?
5. What was torn in two when Jesus died on the cross?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Jesus's death on the cross bridge, theologically speaking?
2. What did the Pharisees of Jesus's day think of him?
3. Who betrays Jesus to the Jewish and Roman authorities?
4. Why was Jesus's attitude towards women so revolutionary?
5. What does Yancey reveal in Chapter 11 about why he believes in the resurrection?
6. What does Jesus say to Pilate when asked if he is the King of the Jews?
7. What does Yancey note about the end times?
8. What was Jesus's first miracle?
9. What does Jesus say about the woman who comes into the respectable house of Simon and wipes Jesus's feet with her hair?
10. What did Yancey's study of the Old Testament teach him about the word Messiah?
This section contains 735 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)